Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2912 times)
TwoSides

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:55:58 PM

I'm worried about this because I've submitted my documents about 2 to 3 times to participate on ICO and bounty campaigns few weeks ago. I've KYC'd because it was required on a certain bounty here in the forum and ended up not able to participate because they've already closed the form when I'm going to sign up. I'm not going to fill up any projects with KYC ever again.
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:01:50 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

This is a very strange situation since the cryptocurrency became popular because of anonymity and now it is need identify. Some nonsense
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:10:16 PM

I'm worry about  the KYC system i don't want a centralized government, i'm a Liberalism and consider that some ICO needs KYC rule i won't reveal my identity tho i will use other identification to make a transaction so i won't be a victim of those hackers.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:17:25 PM

Yes , I think this is a real problem we facing everyday . Everyone knows how many scam ICO's nowadays and how popular KYC become . Who can feel safe now , letting everyone shitty ICO know our personal data ? What will they do with it ? I think no one can feel safe in this situation
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:43:31 PM

KYC regulations vary from region to region, country to country. Before submitting any KY requirements just see to it that the ICO are complying the the regulations serve by their country not just making any KYC requirements by themselves and not in accordance with the law and that act will be seem suspicious and scam.
Things are never so simple the devs may say that they are getting that info just in case the country where the ico is based change their laws and make icos gather that information, so they may try to make it look as if this is a preventive measure just in case that happens, this is why I'm against sending my documents to any ico, if they want my money then they need to follow my rules.
alexey8080

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:34:56 AM

If you passed KYC several times, i think, my and yours documents have long been traded in darknet.
It’s too late to do something.
Fancey

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:44:24 AM

yes i have sent my kyc to coin coin its a scam i hope my identity is not misused
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:46:10 AM

If you passed KYC several times, i think, my and yours documents have long been traded in darknet.
It’s too late to do something.

That is horrible if it is on the darknet.  That's the main reason I refuse to participate in ICO's that require them.  I'll just wait and buy the tokens on an exchange if I really like the project.  I don't want to be arrested at the airport by officials saying I have committed some crime.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:47:05 AM

I did KYC last January and I know the consequence of putting my identity and personal information on the internet. Even some bounties requires KYC before they can release your bounty. Really against the purpose of anonymity of btc users.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:50:28 AM

yes i have sent my kyc to coin coin its a scam i hope my identity is not misused

Let's hope not but that's a bad sign that the project was a scam.  Even if it wasn't, you were already at risk.  If your identity was being used for illegal activities, it could affect your freedom, employment and immigration status depending where you are or planning to go to.  The risk is definitely not worth whatever gain a cryptocurrency can give you.  
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:54:12 AM

Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.
you get what the point is mate,were here and leave the banks because of anonymity and if someones asking for identification (as in legitimate identification such as government issued or passport)which we may easily prone to any criminal activities such as scamming or the worst is identity theft.i really dont know why this KYCs been required by someone and most of all shit projects
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:11:54 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

I'm very thankful to this thread because my perception on submiting KYC is a legal, and now i read some comment that before we submit our personal information we need to be careful and know if the project was worth to invest.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:46:04 PM

of course, no one will voluntarily give their data. It's difficult to recognize a scam, but you need to confirm the procedure of the KYC to get tokens.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
rysheeer

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:52:37 PM

First of all, don't participate bounties that are being managed by a single person only because it has a possibility that it could end up as a scam and a identity thief. try to check Amazix they are a company/group  with  professional employees that's why I totally trust my documents to them.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:57:44 PM

I guess you can get quite a nice chunk of change selling identity documents on the dark markets or via some other obscure trading path. But its hard to believe that this is the primary goal of the scam ICOs, its probably getting away with your invested funds.
chaukhoa47@gmail.com

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:17:13 PM

I think everyone should know about the project, distinguish good or fraudulent projects, because you may be subject to identity theft and will be very dangerous.
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:21:29 PM

I'm very thankful to this thread because my perception on submiting KYC is a legal, and now i read some comment that before we submit our personal information we need to be careful and know if the project was worth to invest.
but almost all ico ask kyc to its potential investors, how to address it if we want to invest, because if we do not follow the kyc of course we will not be able to be an investor in the project.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:24:58 PM

but almost all ico ask kyc to its potential investors, how to address it if we want to invest, because if we do not follow the kyc of course we will not be able to be an investor in the project.
This is the hard part on where we are on the between on making such decision if we should proceed or not to comply verification or KYC just to make purchase or invest on such project. Recognizing scams would really be hard specially if you don't have sufficient experience regarding on how this market works specially when we do talk about ICO's. Therefore, decision will still depend if you can risk out your identity to be given with those project owners and that's why finding out projects legitimacy on the very first place would be crucial or very important.

lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:33:23 PM

That is why it is important to check in the project you are participating in. As for me, KYC is not at all necessary. Especially as you are a bounty hanter.
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:36:48 PM

there may be some individuals who deliberately use KYC to benefit themselves, but I still believe if KYC has benefits and KYC definitely provide the best solution for payment. not all ico have this scam KYC only act irresponsible person.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: