Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:39:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2912 times)
udana123

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 06:51:37 PM

Yeah you are totally right because most of the scam projects ask for KYC. But the ugly trueth is that if a bounty is asking for KYC and if you have done the bounty for a long time, you automatically tend to submit KYC and get the bounty payment. It is a very bad situation and I also have faced such an incident. There after I always check whether the kyc is needed and if it is, I avoid them
helsing03

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:58:38 PM

this year is more proliferated. I need to be very careful with these frauds. Because now everything is full of them. we need to do very good research.
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:06:40 PM

Hahaha there are some freaking project that's requires KYC to keep the joiners date for their next platform so you need to be careful whom to give it.... Don't just trust people who are offering good offer..

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bohboh

Activity: 499
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:07:45 PM

Recently, bounties and airdrops are now found of doing KYC. It's mandatory for us to take neccesary measure or research about the admin before sending our personal information.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 07:10:41 PM

KYC is against the whole cryptocurrency philosophy. Try to avoid it by using as little fiat and centralized exchanges as possible and only with temporary wallets.

Agree with that. In my opinion giving your documents is too risky. They can be used to scam people, steal your identity or they can simply sell them to third party.

Even if they are honest, they can store your personal data on unsecure computer, and someone else can steal your data.

I strongly advise to avoid any kind of KYC specially with sans of your ID/passport.

Volkan_Tom

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:14:52 PM

So usually they do. They steal your passport data and sell it to third parties. It's a simple business. By the way, there is a list of purchased documents that are not taken in KYC. But it sounds strange.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:22:12 PM

This is true but nobody is thinking about it in this scam or identity theft direction. the worst of it is that all the bounty project are now making it compulsory that KYC must be done by every one whether you are an investor or ordinary bounty hunter failure to do will result in your token withheld and losing your effort and time. I did not know why Bounty Hunters should do the KYC since they are not investor.  
andohyeb

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:26:59 PM

It has become norm for most ICOs which will not even be successful to collect KYC which I think is sold in the black market. Until an ICO is successful there is no need to send in your KYC details.
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:31:47 PM

I agree, there are very big risks when you send your documents and photos. I have passed KYC only a few times and in projects in which I was sure. I do not understand people who pass KYC for airdrops.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
baeva2

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:39:45 PM

I really do not like this KYC procedure. And today most companies need its transfer. Can not you do without KYC? Only for fraud this procedure.
Abarov

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:39:53 PM

This is true but nobody is thinking about it in this scam or identity theft direction. the worst of it is that all the bounty project are now making it compulsory that KYC must be done by every one whether you are an investor or ordinary bounty hunter failure to do will result in your token withheld and losing your effort and time. I did not know why Bounty Hunters should do the KYC since they are not investor.  
I disagree. Not all companies use KYC. Each participant is invited to do so. Sometimes they add to the end. This is unacceptable. I'm against passing the KYC.
cyberlilith

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:42:14 PM

There should be one centralized KYC for verification that any company can use to verify participants, and that will be very hard to established as we are onto decentralization now.

Maybe KEY will do it, or AMLT, or any token that does it.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:43:40 PM

It is very sad to hear this, I did not know about it, I hope this will be fought with. I never liked this KYC. But now there is nothing to be done, everybody demands it and I do not like it very much!
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:46:11 PM

Hahaha there are some freaking project that's requires KYC to keep the joiners date for their next platform so you need to be careful whom to give it.... Don't just trust people who are offering good offer..
because of such reasons i do not participate in kyc. i prefer to forego one or the other project, but i can live with that.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 07:53:02 PM

And the worst thing is that some projects ask you to do KYC at the end of the bounty! When bounty hunters refuse to do KYC then owners just take those tokens back.

Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:53:33 PM

OP, you are right. This does not only apply to investors alone, but also bounty and airdrop participants. No matter the area or level in which you are participating in, if you are asked for your personal information, always take your time to study the project as well i the team.
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:08:06 PM

KYC should be done only for those projects in which you are sure and usually only required for investors. If KYC is required for an airship, in most cases it will be fraud.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Me making sure that I do KYC is that I should know every details of the ICO itself. Before I send mine I examine every member of the ICO team if all of them was legitimate. My examining is not as good but I guarantee high chance that my identity is safe. Maybe I'm just lucky sending my identity to trusted ICOs but it doesn't mean that I'm in safe hands all the time. If you think that the ICO is shady or sketchy try sample IDs online just to troll them. If you got trolled for a scam ICO then just troll them back for vengeance, karma is always there.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:18:39 PM

In general, I'm not against global verification, but if we talk about what KYC will provide for every private organization that will take our documents somewhere, I'm totally against it. I think that many people think what happens to their documents.
Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:19:24 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.

Recently there are warnings about KYC. Scammers are everywhere looking for who or what to devour. They are out there working tirelessly on tricks and ways to reap what they have not sowed. So, bounty hunters should be extra careful with KYC.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: