Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2912 times)
DamilolaB

Activity: 313
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:20:08 PM

Although I have not fall victim any any kyc scam but there have been cases where I did kyc just to be able to get my rewards. However, we must be very careful in divulging any personal information to anyone in the name of kyc, undergroundresearxh must be carried out to know how credible they are.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tiklohor

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:22:28 PM

I don't see anything wrong with KYC because I know that without my signature no document will be valid.

refreshka

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:23:06 PM

How does this happen? Now many bounties require identification of the person, otherwise you will not be paid tokens. How to check whether these are scammers or not. You can provide not passport data, but for example, a driver's license. then you will be protected from risks. You can put a watermark on the document and then no one can use it.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:26:44 PM

And why are you afraid about abusing IDs? I think they cant simply create a bank account and take loan or?
Also using someone else ID is a criminal activity, so I think a lot of scammers will not use it Wink.

knolix

Activity: 176

MeVu

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 08:28:54 PM

I don't think that shared ID could cause anything special in this modern world, I always cover the important numbers and informations and there is no way to use it. You have to accomplish KYC clever.

captain_blood

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

The Most Profitable Mining Pool

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:29:25 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

Could you please name that particular ICO you are referring to and please also include the proof of being a fraud so that we in the community will be aware of such activities and take proper action. It's great if you could include the specific information - really helpful to the community.
Omighty28

Activity: 187
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:38:18 PM

Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.

One reason I avoid KYC is because of the essential documents that are requested for. These documents are confidential, I mean, these scammers can manipulate things and implicate any body vulnerable to their dubious acts. This could open anybody up unknowingly and all of a sudden get the WANTED Status. Nobody wants that I presume, so bounty hunters really need to throw caution around.

sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:41:23 PM

I never go through the KYC procedure.
This is a matter of principle. I do not want my personal data to be on every petty scammer on web.
It happens that at the end of bounty compaign team ask for documents (they enter a new rule), in which case I do not send anything. I regard this as a scam.
With such a start, there will be no good future for such a project.
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:50:10 PM

Yeah you are right, I have once send my passport and personal data for an airdrop, and they were hacked then they use those my private details to send me scam messages from time to time. Please carefree out there

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:54:42 PM

I think many of us have not considered that aspect and so willingly send our identity information to any bounty requesting for KYC. I think this will keep us alert whenever we are asked to do KYC for any bounty campaign.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:00:41 PM

KYC is against the whole cryptocurrency philosophy. Try to avoid it by using as little fiat and centralized exchanges as possible and only with temporary wallets.

Agree with that. In my opinion giving your documents is too risky. They can be used to scam people, steal your identity or they can simply sell them to third party.

Even if they are honest, they can store your personal data on unsecure computer, and someone else can steal your data.

I strongly advise to avoid any kind of KYC specially with sans of your ID/passport.
Its fully contrary on how Cryptocurrency works which it should really be decentralized but now we can see how these projects do imply KYC verifications some are legit ones and some are just total fraud.
Keeping out those valuable informations cant really be guaranteed even if we do talk about legit projects that do ask KYC and same as you said it do still have the risk or tendency to be compromised or steal out by other people which you would always have the risk for your identity to be used up on other means.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:08:58 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

yeah that is true but most of the exchange are also requiring KYC and without it you can't trade or withdraw... what are you saying now, do you mean that we shouldn't send our details out to them so that we won't scammed.
EvgeniyBH

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:19:51 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

KYC will appear more often because of regulation. So if you want to pass KYC and be more secure just do water marks on your identity. Write that this is a copy for the specific company and put the date.
Temibest2

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:24:09 PM

Thanks for this nice information. I wonder why people submit their details like their international passport all in the name of doing KYC to an ordinary airdrop.
Ubrfeh

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:27:03 PM

Well now of course it is difficult to recognize the Scam and a good project and especially where the Kyc is required
Faeton

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:37:31 PM

Yes, this is now a very serious problem for the participants in the ICO generosity campaigns. It should also be borne in mind that the KYC test should not apply to bounty hunters. We are not investors and therefore should not undergo such verification. The KYC check is very good for scammers who, together with investors' money, receive our identification data, as well as copies of our passports, which can also be sold and used for illegal purposes. Therefore, I never participate in those ICO signature companies, where it is possible that the KYC test is underway.

Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:42:09 PM

Some people are too gullible, they can be easily deceived. Why on earth would you submit your identity to ordinary airdrop that might even turn out to be scam. Airdrop is just a way of giving free token, you neither invest there nor buy their token, why then do you have to give them your details.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:45:16 PM

They just making a reason for not paying us, There are many Bounties that i joined that became successful that not needing of any KYC and yet they give our stakes as promise date.. this company who wants our identity are mostly fraud and scammers. so that's right no need to send them anything.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
antolinicio1

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:48:02 PM

KYC is very disputed issue at registration in ICO. On the one hand: it helps to limit number of participants who violate rules and help projects with their yuridichky affairs. On the other hand: it is very terrible to give the data to unknown persons who can use them in any other place.

Long Bitcoin , Short the Bankers
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:56:47 PM

I totally agree with you Kyc of a thing has become rampant under the guise of compliance with government regulations, they be asking for sensitive informations such as passport , bank statement or proof of residency which is even in contrast to the idea of cryptocurrency which is total anonymity... If I'm not mistaken no one knows actually who satoshi is who founded digital currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: