Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2915 times)
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 11:29:27 PM

Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.

In this world there must be extreme caution, especially in these sensitive issues
It is necessary to verify the authenticity of the project and its .sponsors before sending the documents.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:33:38 PM

some scam projects already got my personal informations and i really dont know what to do. This is sucks , without kyc investing almost impossible and with kyc there is always fears.
Well then don't join on any bounties again. You didn't research first about what project you will be give your ID.
I don't ever like KYC idea, people just can easily buy random ID from market
anatolyp

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:35:43 PM

it is true, scam ICOs stick to collect documents and sell them on dark market. That's why I try to avoid passing KYC.
In most cases I buy documents and it is ok. Nobody check it
I'm afraid to buy other people's documents to verify identity. Can in the future, when withdrawing money, they will ask for a photo document in the background of the site. Also what then to do?
goolesby

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

Gistcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:40:25 PM

Yeah, many possibilities can appear from the documents of KYC. Here, the KYC is very crucial especially about its security. I cannot guarantee that the documents that we submit for KYC requirement is really secure or not. The developer always says that the document is secure stored in their system. However, how is one fo them or the system is hacked and the documents are lost? Nobody knows about it. It may be used for illegal situation. But, I only hope highly that the document will be really secure.

onaiwusun

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 11:41:47 PM

If there are not enough reasons for a project to demand my KYC, especially a valid international passport, I avoid such project altogether
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 11:48:06 PM

thinking of exact same for some while now, how come some unknown project just requires for KYC which comprises of receiving all details all in the name of ICOs and the worst part of it is that some bounty also requires this. well let all be carefull

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
mattujusuruga

Activity: 728
Merit: 48

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:55:57 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 
Im not support kyc, Crypto should be decentalized, i also worry about what you say, but you know the condition now, if we dont fill kyc we cant join and participate in ICO, sometimes to receive bounty payment we must do KYC.
OpenCryptoSystem

Activity: 182
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:24:05 AM

Those who make rules they are the ones who brake rules:)
At the end this whole cryptovurrency thing is supported and directed from the bankers and 5% elite people.
Slowly slowly you get to the point when crypto related fraud % is so high then must identy youself if you use even 1cent worted of cryptocurrency.
But first as we all know dollar and other fiat currencies must collapse complitely.
Then the crypto will take position !!
I give 2 more years this financial un regulated wild west!
Then for sure goverment will take some action.
Thats how it works if we look at any history.
And why they dont let usa investors to invest in ico-s
This is just nothing else then something what will make your mind to think the way you should think.
There is no rational reason for this dont even look for the reason its just the same lame bs like in unitid kingdom you have to provide proof of address and proof of other non senses!
World we are living in  is complite theater and nonsense.
Enough said and no need to say about this topic notjing else i just explained the minor things here!
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

It's true that identity fraud is real and a very dangerous thing. Unfortunately most icos and even airdrops and bounties now ask for Kyc. Though the legit ones don't have bad intentions but there will always be the bad eggs amongst them. So we have to be very careful who we give our kyc.
OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:12:51 PM

You know guys life is simple when something is good you always feel good about it.
If the ico start asking kyc or whatever they like to call it.
Im out thats it my friends and other crypto partners will stay out too.
I dont need headache and will find something else something better.
Lets keep it real when something is good then you like whole thing when you feel bad something about it then better is stay away.
At the end of the day its all internet its not real life!!
Real money is only money in your pockets.
And real life is taste of food or floor under your feet.
Im not gona do nothing uncompfortable just to get some tokens they are just digits on the computer screen.
You guys make this kyc to disapere then im and all other guys who use brain will be back in ico investment business.

OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:22:27 PM

It's true that identity fraud is real and a very dangerous thing. Unfortunately most icos and even airdrops and bounties now ask for Kyc. Though the legit ones don't have bad intentions but there will always be the bad eggs amongst them. So we have to be very careful who we give our kyc.

Why we need stress? Isit millions of dollars??
Isit worthed??
You know its like story i went in the bank just to cash out 1000$ then the banker start questiining all this nonsense..
Then i just said why you act like we have million dollar deal?? 1000$ even 10000$ is small money and everybody should have this in their home because you never know what will happends wirh you.
So i said why you act like we do million dollar deal, then she said but our rules and regulations and bla bla...then i said where is the rules and regulations then when terrorist real terrorist make millions of dollar transactions to finance very bad activitivities for humenity??
Then she was silent.
So all im saing lets do things but lets not loose our common sense.
Its not very smart to give out your idenification over internet to someone who you even dont know Smiley its big joke
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 10:41:36 PM

Whenever you send your know your customer information, be sure you can be scammed! Don't do that for free, ever!

sending KYC to any company that we can't even have their trust is a bad thing. most people right now interested to sending their identity just for a little cash or even nothing. like airdrop event or new market event.
LS Crypto

Activity: 336
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:47:45 PM

I do not see any problem with the fact that I show the documents. When you show them at the bank or at the border, are you straining too? Cheesy

A bank employee with your documents can do such a fraud, that it would be worse than sending a passport to some project, not to mention the exchange.
And of course you have an alternative - do not send Wink You can lead all activities in the crypto and without passing through kyc  Cool

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:47:07 AM

I have contradicted the main nature of anonymized cryptocurrency.
KYC kills all these anonymies and I don't like them.

The Exchange is also now a lot of SCAM, but it's like this: https://octaex.com/
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:32:48 PM

"KYC SCAM" is caused by the irresponsible people, they want to get profit by doing nothing. This action is certainly very detrimental for us who have joined in this business, who inevitably have to use KYC as one of the parts we have to go through. We have to learn by many KYC Scam cases in the past and be more selective in choosing the project we are joining in (for example; by identifying the profit that the team offers, so we have to be careful in it).
hoangdanh5

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:35:22 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Yes , I think so.
Should carefull. Have a lot of scam and risk if I leakage personal information.
Marusia22

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:10:17 PM

Yes of course it's good that they came up with this degree of protection. For personality enhancements. But there is a very one bad side is that a person can forget about notifications about the pussy and all that worked then in vain.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:14:49 PM

I agree, we should not carelessly fill out the desired KYC by a project that cannot necessarily develop in the future. We must analyze further about the project that we followed before giving our data to them.

jeron31

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:48:40 PM

I try to invest only in serious projects, so i am not too afraid to pass KYC because i trust these projects.
transformt

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:05:22 AM

because of this, I do not go through all these mafia schemes. this choy risky and the risk unfortunately is not worth it

⌜nvest.ai⌟ EMPOWER YOUR INVESTING WITH AI 
Data & analytics for crypto traders and investors. Ready for nvest?
http://nvest.ai/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: