Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 12:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2915 times)
LASSSKAR!1!1!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:28:36 AM

KYC is a big dilemma. They pretend they need KYC to avoid fake registrars. But it's a big mistake for us if we share our personal identification with foreigners or people. we must be very careful in divulging personal information to anyone in the name of kik, secret actions must be taken to find out how credible they are.
Ruby_Official
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:34:42 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

I agree with you. I hate that kind of things like submitting my ID to strangers. That's why Ruby-X's users don't need to show their privacy. KYC is only needed when users want to withdraw more than 20 ETH. even bounty campaign participants dont need KYC Smiley

grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:47:43 AM

It really needs to be controlled because this kind of abuse can be used for various things. sufficient personal identity will certainly be something dangerous if fallen into the wrong people. It is better to avoid this kind of KYC or indeed a good project if true then the best possible analysis so that personal data can be sent safely and not misused.
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:51:25 AM

as long as this is not really sure that the project use the KYC was a scam. It's just that I have a suspicion that this could just be KYC data in order to take advantage of the things that are not good. so I'd avoid the project by KYC.
bombie1

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 05:53:33 AM

This is really a serious and important matter that needs to be dealt with but crypto seems to be so unregulated that people are using all foul means to cause harm to others. Where on earth will you disguise your identity with an impersonation because you hide under the umbrella of kyc for rewards to get hold of people identities?Even sometimes these people sell that information.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:56:06 AM

I agree. That is why I make sure that the ICO was successful before I send my KYC details. I am not using my passport for KYC because I know the risk of identity theft. I use my driver's license or other ID that will be allowed for KYC. If they require a passport, I will not join them. Although I don't agree on KYC, I don't have any other choice or otherwise I won't get paid.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:01:04 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

only entrust your data if the KYC platform is well-known, if a project holds a KYC but does not use the sum & substance platform, never follow it.
lt_dr

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:01:32 AM

I am also very headache with this issue. How to detect it is a KYC scam. With passport images they can do a lot of work including scam other ICO Vietnam. While I do not know how to distinguish, I only KYC with the trading platform and the ICO which I learn thoroughly, is classified into my long-term investment list. I advise you to do the same.
morrongiello

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:06:40 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 
Thank you. This poster warns about KYC so that it is not misused by other parties
3lyntmy

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:12:07 AM

but most of the project need KYC, hard to avoid this problem  Sad
Matteo.b

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:25:52 AM

I dont even think those kyc scams are detecting in some issues like this which haven't expected. Be careful to give your important information to aware these kind of work. I'd never experienced yet to joined those ico need kyc.
martabaktelor

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:44:00 AM

This is a very good advice for us. To date, the project that uses the KYC certainly has my checks resetting. If the project is just a little to give me in return for sure I wouldn't do the charging KYC. And this time many projects had already been providing information from the beginning to use the procedure of KYC or not. So we can choose the project without having to use KYC procedures.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1346

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:08:07 AM

Unfortunately, there are a lot of campaigns that need to go through кyc - scam projects. Earlier this was not the case, the bunch demanded few projects and was sure that these projects are worthy of attention, now everything has changed and the bunch does not mean anything.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Phophobobooo

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:12:31 AM

I send mine I examine every member of the ICO team if all of them was legitimate. My examining is not as good but I guarantee high chance that my identity is safe. Maybe I'm just lucky sending my identity to trusted ICOs but it doesn't mean that I'm in safe hands all the time. If you think that the ICO is shady or sketchy try sample IDs online just to troll them. If you got trolled for a scam ICO then just troll them back for vengeance, karma is always there.
bitcoinmee

Activity: 106
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:27:40 AM

I think people that apply for KYC are becoming smart too they use fakes id to pass this verification. They use fake names when they have a selfie or fake passport id but still they will still see your face in the selfie.

▂▆▇★│X-CASH - Decentralized Network And Cryptocurrency│★▇▆▂
rozenkreitzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:30:35 PM

Unfortunately, there are a lot of campaigns that need to go through кyc - scam projects. Earlier this was not the case, the bunch demanded few projects and was sure that these projects are worthy of attention, now everything has changed and the bunch does not mean anything.
If you are a major investor then you need to get accredited. For others, this rule does not work. Fears are premature. This is a black PR
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:43:45 PM

I agree with you. I hate that kind of things like submitting my ID to strangers. That's why Ruby-X's users don't need to show their privacy. KYC is only needed when users want to withdraw more than 20 ETH. even bounty campaign participants dont need KYC Smiley

I think due to the fact that governments are forbidding their citizens to invest in ICOs, the projects force the user to KYC. However, I only agree if the bounty hunter can earn from $ 1000 or more must KYC
idioma1

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

You are right there are a lot of scams that's why we really need to research the project before to be sure
Abolaji11

Activity: 352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 07:05:17 PM

Thanks for the information. Although I have done some kyc verification for some project in the past, but I am not willing to reveal my real identity again especially when I just got informed of how people are using fake/Photoshop IDs to get pass kyc verification.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:07:18 PM

But what can do with your identity cards or proof of addresses? I think that it is really hard to abuse it. Especially when it is a criminal offense to use someone else identity cards...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: