Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:18:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2915 times)
andradwi

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:50:40 AM

be careful when using KYC, because now there are so many projects that cheat, don't let KYC be misused by irresponsible people ... this strategy needs to be watched because this is the biggest year of a scam where there are lots of irresponsible project projects
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:52:07 AM

That is quite scary, I have been very keen on not sharing my personal and private information in the web for that very same reasons. Many people might used those information I send with in illegal stuffs. I have been against kyc and I try to stay away from campaigns that requires kyc no matter how promising it might seem.
santafewarrior1980

Activity: 179
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:52:18 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Agree and almost all the time I afraid to do the KYC verification but I don't have any choice just to earn and pays my effort during bounty campaign. We just ensure that we can depend ourself for any fraud activities most especially if that happen in other countries.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Pelunize12

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 12:56:33 AM

i often give my KYC's id to many airdrop and bounties. but, i never get any issue at all
that's why i still believe on them, never worry about it Wink
fommes86

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:25:38 PM

i often give my KYC's id to many airdrop and bounties. but, i never get any issue at all
that's why i still believe on them, never worry about it Wink

I have given a lot of KYC information as well, and at some point I realized the information could be misused  Shocked Shocked

Thanks to you sharing your exp I can sleap again  Wink

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
kipo

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:32:38 PM

I have heard something about this from my friends but i don't know much. Thanks for sharing useful information. I think that we should be careful and not join unreliable projects
willnotwas

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:35:55 PM

I have heard something about this from my friends but i don't know much. Thanks for sharing useful information. I think that we should be careful and not join unreliable projects
Joining unreliable projects does not have any profit in it. They are not going get KYC documents while scamming others.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:54:45 PM

That is quite scary, I have been very keen on not sharing my personal and private information in the web for that very same reasons. Many people might used those information I send with in illegal stuffs. I have been against kyc and I try to stay away from campaigns that requires kyc no matter how promising it might seem.
However, ICO teams cheat ICO generosity campaigners and force them to undergo a previously unspecified KYC test after the ICO deadline has expired, so as not to pay off part of the bounty hunters token due to them. In this case, since the tokens are already distributed, the tokens of those bounty hunters who for various reasons could not or did not want to pass the KYC check are then simply assigned by the ICO team or even the bounty manager if he is given the right to distribute the tokens.
vorfolomej96

Activity: 104

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:50:08 PM

Verification is special deception of participants. Only bad projects are engaged in such activity. Normal projects works without verification.

raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 03:52:17 PM

If you are a smart person and you notice that today, many people still have the impression that the KYC process makes investing not only not safe but also an obstacle, you will understand that this process is not needed at all.
fommes86

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:28:58 PM

However, ICO teams cheat ICO generosity campaigners and force them to undergo a previously unspecified KYC test after the ICO deadline has expired, so as not to pay off part of the bounty hunters token due to them. In this case, since the tokens are already distributed, the tokens of those bounty hunters who for various reasons could not or did not want to pass the KYC check are then simply assigned by the ICO team or even the bounty manager if he is given the right to distribute the tokens.

In the long run dishonesty will not pay and such projects will go down the river eventually. Teams that try to take advantage by such, will loose at some point, at least if they don't dump their own coins immediately.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 05:55:42 PM

This is going to get more common, those scammers instead of wanting your money now they want your information because they know they can sell that information in the black market over and over again to hundreds of people, so they are thinking that it can be very lucrative for them to get that information, it is terrible that there are people like that in this market but that is why I will never invest in an ico asking for that information.
gunhell16

Activity: 1736
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:01:03 PM

If the ICO you entered is a scam then you are in great danger.
If you will do KYC with just some airdrops then you made your self-fool.
If the ICO is a success and you did KYC you are still not 100 percent safe.
KYC is good for the ICO team and nothing good on the investors side.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
[/tr
ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:22:45 PM

Yes, there is a danger that companies that have KYC sell your data. But projects with KYC are usually serious projects, which do not have dummy people with a bunch of accounts, this applies to bounty hunters. I see many advantages in passing KYC.
FIREBALL24

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

Xircus

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:56:16 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Thank you mate for having warn us to those tricksters,we are made our decisions by ourself so lets just be carefull on those fraud.,be sure to give your personal identity to somebody that is truly a legit and not scammers.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:06:59 AM

I think that inevitably this is now more effective at filtering out which participants are real and which are not. so far the bounty I have followed that requires filling in KYC for the requirements is more valuable than not.
all choices are in your hands.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:10:42 AM

Yes, some are taking advantage of this one. Many has already become a victim. This is why I believe that data privacy must always exist even if you are an investor or not.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 04:17:46 AM

It doesn't guarantee either those projects using KYC or not, the chance for getting scammed are pretty high. If you are a dude that think anonymity is a number one then don't give a shit about this and go away(you shouldn't send your personal information even to the reliable company).

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
johnalyn

Activity: 314

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:23:53 AM

I think it depends on the campaign you participated and in the person's who you talk with KYC. Some ICO that runs with a KYC at the end of their campaign is a legit one that will not gonna scam you. And I think being careful can be the best way to prevent from being scam.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:25:35 AM

Sincerely, this has been one of the things I wonder about, because many projects today are here with the motive of scamming people of their had earned money at the same time use their information to scam more people, or even sell them to third parties. God help us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: