Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 04:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2915 times)
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:33:06 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Of course, it is not necessary to send a passport, as it is used to identify the identity of fraud. Send other documents with a photo - this is an ID card or driver's license. Of course, check the company where you provide personal data.
South Park

Activity: 2954
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:56:51 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

You need to be very careful when choosing a project where KYC is required. Especially if you are involved in bounty or in airdrops, it can be very dangerous.
It is not enough to be careful in this market when almost all the coins are scams, so if you see a bounty campaign asking for your information through KYC then the only thing you can do is to avoid that bounty campaign and if after you participate in a campaign that did not ask for that information the developers decided at the end they wanted that information anyway then you need to give up your coins.
pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:00:18 PM

Many tokens require you to submit Kyc, which is a means of verification, but some ICO projects sell our personal information, which requires further regulation

Thats correct, we cannot prevent things to happen because some other bounty management require us to submit further details like passport and some other important details, the ICO industry should be regulated this time around.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:02:53 PM

Of course, in this way, fraudsters pretend to be a normal project, and additionally steal your personal data that then goes across the entire network. I prefer not to fall into such traps, and carefully analyze projects.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
lizaangel321

Activity: 560
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:18:03 PM

This question has long been relevant, there are a lot of scammers, and when you send your copy of your passport and passport photo you cannot be sure what its fate will be next. And the most incomprehensible thing is when they ask for a residence permit. what for? What if then it turns against me
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:03:25 PM

This is something that so many people do not seem to realize, they are all too eager to give out their identity all for the sake for a couple of coins but do not stop to think that their information is very sensitive and they are giving it out to people they do not know. This will only lead to a lot of people having their identity stolen because they gave out their IDs

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:29:09 PM

Always be careful when submitting your KYC documents to ICO's and websites. They may be scam. There is always the risk of getting your KYC in the hands of dangerous people. However do not worry too much about it. It's not the end of the world if they steal your KYC. We are in the age of digitalization and you can get hacked as well.

bastian466

Activity: 1344
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 08:29:29 PM

This is confusing, with the occurrence of this kind of thing, surely people will think hard to fill in the KYC, but on the other hand there is a problem if it does not fill KYC, the loss is not paid for the work. What will be chosen if that happens to you?
Milka86

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:33:26 AM

Very often in the last time need KYC. If earlier there were only a few cases, now every second project requires the passage of KYC. It is very unpleasant and disturbing. But personally I don't show the passport, in our country it is very important document, it is more important than the driver's license. And that's what I give for the passage of KYC, for me it's not scary. There's not a lot of data on me that would threaten me with fraud
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

Thank you for your kind advise. Yes, some keys are scams because some of the identity that passed by the participate used them in evil ways.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 02:01:10 PM

KYC are usually required by ICO before token distribution whenever it reach soft cap.  This is a requirement for ICO to follow. However, those who request KYC during ICO bounty period gives me doubt in joining such project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: