Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:52:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why media against bitcoin ?  (Read 2807 times)
jonruhoax

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:39:55 PM

when ever I found any news about bitcoin it is negative news , i am confused why traditional mass media always against bitcoin ?

needs in journalists. visitors and spectators is the target to pursue reting. the more news the controversy the greater the reting they will rise. yes it is basically a journalist strategy and may involve local political interests.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:51:29 PM

when ever I found any news about bitcoin it is negative news , i am confused why traditional mass media always against bitcoin ?
it doens't seem like that to me, in my country all I've heared about bitcoins was fact, indeed it was newas like 20.000 dollars, if you would have invested in 2009 ... but generally I can't copy that, recent news where mostly positive (including news about -fact- cras of btc after reachin 20k usd)
cheers

rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:57:29 PM

Because drama sells newspapers...or clicks on a website. This is also the natural progression of human acceptance of a new technology. First people criticize it as a fad, then they say "well I would never need that", then they start to get curious, then they realize the want it, and finally they realize the need it.

We're in the "well I would never need that" phase with a few people starting to get curious.

Bitcoin's been making its epic run all year long. The mainstream media didn't care until August. And when they were reporting in August the news was all about "epic run, it's a fad, it's a bubble, bitcoin fans are foolish!" Now, in December, we're starting to see more articles about the future, the value, and the staying power of Bitcoin.

It's been fun to watch! Don't worry about the mainstream media...worry about your own personal comfort level with Bitcoin.

Couldn't agree more with you here. Of course, since the btc community grew, media wants to get people's attention by writing negative articles just for the sake of click bait for their sites. And besides, politics is everywhere and it's sad that truth and unbiased journalism is stained with it. Whoever pays them well will definitely get a spot in their headlines so it could be the banks or the government or anyone that will benefit in ruining cryptos are the ones behind those articles to make people doubt btc and cryptocurrency in general.

xebecstyx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:00:03 PM

Most people or news channels that criticize bitcoin and altcoins do so because they do not understand what bitcoin and altcoins are. Why it has become normal for people to judge things they do not know they do not even think before publishing articles that criticize bitcoin and altcoins. You can see some governments that today say they will support bitcoin and tomorrow are in the press to criticize bitcoin. For people who own banks and certain governments who want to have total control of all their citizens so that their people become enslaved to their system, they do not look at bitcoin as a good thing. I myself do not watch certain news channels because they are news channels manipulated by the government or are manipulated by the elite of the political party that commands the country

I agree. Also, I think media is just supporting the general idea of things and is basically going with the flow. As they say nowadays, the media reports and tells you about what you want to hear so you would continue to support and patronize them. Since many people, companies, business people, and governments as well have conveyed how negative and doubtful bitcoin is, or the cryptocurrency in general, the media is supporting the leading idea from big names and entities to ride the wave. Unfortunately for many people, many don't actually even invest in learning about the truth, which keeps them in the dark on how bitcoin can do good.
sana gull

Activity: 176

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:22:25 PM

Most people or news channels that criticize bitcoin and altcoins do so because they do not understand what bitcoin and altcoins are. Why it has become normal for people to judge things they do not know they do not even think before publishing articles that criticize bitcoin and altcoins. You can see some governments that today say they will support bitcoin and tomorrow are in the press to criticize bitcoin. For people who own banks and certain governments who want to have total control of all their citizens so that their people become enslaved to their system, they do not look at bitcoin as a good thing. I myself do not watch certain news channels because they are news channels manipulated by the government or are manipulated by the elite of the political party that commands the country

I agree. Also, I think media is just supporting the general idea of things and is basically going with the flow. As they say nowadays, the media reports and tells you about what you want to hear so you would continue to support and patronize them. Since many people, companies, business people, and governments as well have conveyed how negative and doubtful bitcoin is, or the cryptocurrency in general, the media is supporting the leading idea from big names and entities to ride the wave. Unfortunately for many people, many don't actually even invest in learning about the truth, which keeps them in the dark on how bitcoin can do good.
Most of the media are under government influence therefore they are mostly against bitcoin. But on other side i think social media is also play an important role in introducing bitcoin among the people. and that is the reason that bitcoin is now becoming more popular throughout the world. I think that bitcoin popularity will continue increasing from time to time.
cryptokudi

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:27:46 PM

Well almost 100% of media is sold out to governments, political parties, big business houses etc. This results in trying to control money and bitcoin transfers that control to people to some extent and in fact it may lead to certain branches or unknown complications which may not be beneficial to these guys. Hence, the negative propaganda!
Caraphernalia

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:31:47 PM

As we all know media catches the attention of all people, which is significantly affects on how the people see the bitcoin. When there is a person that do not understand what is this so called bitcoin is, they are criticizing and make some judgement on it. This will cause to the wide spread of fake news which is not good in a society. As they have their own prior knowledge, they won't believe to what others tell them. I think this is the reason on why does media is against the bitcoin.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:33:38 PM

Media right now still spreading bad and wrong stories about Bitcoin, and that's the main reason discouraging so many people to investing in this currency. Media platforms are owned usually by governments and the biggest business men and both aren't really supporting crypto currencies actually.
MattCrypto43

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:19:52 PM

Not all media are same. some of them are against of BTC and some of them are not .. and its not only happen for crypto market same for others market too.

freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:22:31 PM

Many news channels criticize the existence of bitcoin and altcoin do because they do not understand what is bitcoin and altcoin. You can see bitcoin and tomorrow is there to criticize bitcoin. For people who own banks do not see bitcoin as a good thing. I myself have not witnessed certain news channels because the news channels are manipulated by the government or manipulated by the political party elite who governs the country itself. Cool
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 07:27:20 PM

With the rate at which negative news about BTC is on the rise, you might want to think that someone or some group is behind the attack as they seem to focus on the flaws of BTC which are very intangible compared to other cryptocurrencies or Fiat
cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:28:20 PM

the criticism makes it more popular you know!
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:37:37 PM

You just missed some of the positive news. I don't know what is your news source but not all news about bitcoin is negative.

And you know not just in bitcoin but in other aspects too, media is always biased e.g politics, propagandas etc. It's usual that we can see some negative views about bitcoin but still where is bitcoin today? It means that even how bad the news is, it's up for the viewers if they will believed on it or not. Also some of the news are meant to create a panic which is somehow a good advantage for those newcomers who wants to risk money at bitcoin for the first time.

I agree, there are some positive news here and there, but it is very difficult to see amongst the pile and rubble of negative news and black propaganda swirling around bitcoin and the cryptrocurrency market, in general. My take is since many people think that bitcoin is a scam, the media is the extracting what they can by giving people what they want, and in turn, people would continue to read their write-ups. Not very media entities nowadays are objective like before, and most of them are reporting news with profit in mind, after all, media is a big business.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:10:38 PM

It depends who you are watching and what you are reading. There is a lot of positive press too but the media tends to cling to opinions of the likes of Jaimie Dimon and Warren Buffet.

Quite honestly, I think the media likes to run negative stories because bitcoin is unregulated. The media sells fear and it is easy for them to portray bitcoin has the preferred currency of criminals.
It is all about propagandas. There are groups who are just getting money for making something notorious in eyes of public. Same is happening here with bitcoins, these people are in media they are controlling some media groups that are yelling at bitcoins only for the sake that opposite parties and banks and governments don’t want this bitcoins to be prevailed all across their countries.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:11:45 PM

Even here in my country when the news in television is about bitcoin and crypto it's always a negative side of it and they always warn people to it.
Why they didn't also tell that there are positive side of bitcoin and it helps the people too.
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:16:09 PM

They may be one of the populations who are against or criticize bitcoin because they don't see the value of bitcoin and how it helps change the world of other people. Technically speaking they don't know what is the purpose and objective of bitcoin because they are being influenced by other people that bitcoin is just one of those created to scammed and fool others in which they are very wrong about that.

bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:25:53 PM

I think some media against bitcoin because most of the media are working for the state. if those countries are banned bitcoin. The media will have bad news about bitcoin

wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:39:36 PM

I think some media against to crypto currency but some media also believe on it.Some of them are misinform about what particular crypto is that and whats that purpose or goal.They think that its fraud because of some investors lost their investments by  not doing the right action to gain profit.Example trading sell to high if that investor dont know how when to sell or buy theres a big possiblity that he will loose that money.
PUNjabSee

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:44:35 PM

I think it's a matter of compelling interest, the media is a means to raise a good name even to destroy it. the media is sometimes hypocritical, today's X news tomorrow Y and keep changing because the media are paid by the interested parties. I think big bitcoin is not for cheap media, bad news about bitcoin in the media is a negative way to make bitcoinner hesitate and retreat because of the fear of the media, we must be wise and selective respond to every news in the media. the negative news must be evaluated so that the future people realize that bitcoin is not something negative.
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

Because those are the news that are sold in news market and people love to read and say that my thoughts were same for btc, so the media just supply the demand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: