Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:31:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you watch the price of your altcoin everyday?  (Read 2096 times)
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:49:53 AM

Not just every day but also every time when i get up,even have app on my phone that follow market action of some coins and alarms that goes of if the target price is reached(blockfolio app)Trading is my main income as i am earning in few days more then i would earn in a year working the job for wich i went to colledge,yes its stresfull but you need to be cold headed for it
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:19:13 AM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
Some people just buy it and don't think about it, which could be good or bad.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
How do you feel before you watch it?

actually were on the same boat because im also doing that. i oftenly check the price of my altcoins every single day and sometimes im addicted to it , to the point that i check it every 20 to 30 minutes. that happens everytime i see a coin that has been pumped out and reach its peak. however i think doing this practice is not a good habit anymore because i then forcibly tempted to sell my coins whenever or wherever i see a price hike in one of them. although i still earn a profit but i still regret it if the value of a coin could move up again.
xnightly

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:21:48 AM

it's hard not to, unless the market is being super bearish like during late june-july of this year
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:49:07 AM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?

as a currency trading crypto checking the price or value we are investing is very important, because it will give you a decision what you should do if there is a change in price
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:27:28 AM

I always see prices on coinmarketcap every day because this is my daily job. For me this really affects your psychology a lot because if the altcoin is down then you will definitely feel anxious and can sell everything to preserve your capital. It's best to calm down before buying and selling

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:35:33 AM

I watch it everyday just to make sure how it works on market so I can set a point when I should sell it.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:56:01 AM

When buying always pick long term and only get coins you believe will have more value in the future. That way whatever happens you won't have to worry until a few years later.

But its good to always also keep tabs on coin prices. By doing so you'll have more chances of spotting very good buying opportunities. Just today i earned a few hundred dollars just by simply trading XRP at a good price range.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:42:43 AM

Watching price of your altcoin everyday is not wrong, you need to watch it only to monitor the growth and need to fix up a time limit or target price to achieve the desired profit. Until then you may or may not watch everyday, but need to closely monitor the trend occasionally.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:21:46 AM

I check more than every day!
I check every 10 15 minutes  Cheesy. And even whenever i wake up at midnight i open blockfolio app and checking all the altcoin prices i have. I know many of you also doing the same.
Thinvestor

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:34:52 AM

I use blockfolio. Highly recommend it, saves so much time as it gives you your accumulated profit/loss in one go. Today, I am up  Smiley

The simpler it is, the better I like it
btcminer6212

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:42:06 AM

Checking price everyday is the good way to check the market fluctuation.  You have to catch the news to give the important decision. you have to accept and train your emotion under pressure if you wanna succeed and I think it us a good way to make profit through small fluctuations. Short term traders always check the price on daily basis.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:06:54 AM

Watching the price of your cryptocurrencies will put your pressure high. Because some times the prices are not stable. As an investors or trader you will be prompt to act quickly by selling it off causing you to miss huge prices when it comes.  So you should try to watch it three to four times a week atleast to keep updated. But you must keep your ears open, by reading latest news on cryptocurrencies. These will help you to know your next action. And one more thing, whenever the is low, don't rush off to sell it off, keep calm to decide your next move.
iwillhodl

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:14:45 AM

I check the coins that I bought for long term hodl about twice a day, after wake up and before sleep, just for curiosity how it is going. When talking about more risky coins, for these that I made stop loss and buy limits on exchanges, I check it by 10 minutes to 1/2 hours a day, depends  Roll Eyes But closer to the first limit of 10 minutes than 1/2 hours. Probably it's not only me doing this, right?  Grin

● ⚫ GIFcoin.io ⚫ ●
Gambling Investment Fund (http://gifcoin.io)
Working business ✔ 80% of net profit shared with Holders ✔
CryptoAdvizor

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:22:18 AM

i watch it several times every day. And i have some clear goals when to sell again so i don't care when the price is dropping for a while
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:22:28 AM

All altcoin is pump and dump coin at the first month of its launch. Or even if already 6 month old. The good altcoin is only altcoin which has thr reall use case and people really using it on daily basis or inthe futures people believe the technologies will be usefull by people arround the world. And also privacy coin. Privacy coin such monero, zcash, deep union really have their investor keeping those coin from dumping
joypark333 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:31:00 AM

Thank you guys for your reply. I am holding my coins as long-term investment. I have 4 kinds of altcoins. If you were holding for long term, how often would you watch the price?
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:50:45 PM

I used to. I used to watch every coin I owned and a lot of other coins I did not own. Every chance I had, and first thing when I woke up, and last thing before I went to bed. Did it make me a better trader? No. It probably made me worse. I got excited some times, buying when I saw dips I did not expect, or selling too quickly. The best is, Set entry and exit points (that means profits as well as losses) and stick to them religiously. In fact, stick to it better than religion. Especially stick to losses, never change your mind. That way, you also do not stay glued to the charts every day. Unhealthy and ultimately unhelpful.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:30:05 PM

I was discussing with my friends yesterday about cryptocurrencies investments and he said he do by his coin and keep it until said after one year. I have to adopt that in other not to sell out of panic or taking profit early and starting regretting. I also do watch my altcoins several times in day but I have decided to follow my friend ways of buying and holding for 2018. I believe what happened in 2017 is going to repeat itself again.
Underlord40

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:43:57 PM

I was discussing with my friends yesterday about cryptocurrencies investments and he said he do by his coin and keep it until said after one year. I have to adopt that in other not to sell out of panic or taking profit early and starting regretting. I also do watch my altcoins several times in day but I have decided to follow my friend ways of buying and holding for 2018. I believe what happened in 2017 is going to repeat itself again.
I agree, I've started to do the same. Just holding some coins who have strong fundamentals. As long as the fundamentals don't change, then I don't need to change out of the coin.
Doesn't stop me still looking through a ton of coins and consuming tons of Bitcoin news though. lol
It still doesn't make downturns any easier though.  Tongue
Cmoh

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:38:01 PM

Yes, this is the behavior that you see in all investors that all see their prices of invested altcoin. Not only the altcoin but every asset like, stock, bond, commodity etc. This is the natural phenomenon of every person and this habit is derived from the fear of loss and greed to take profit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: