Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:54:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you watch the price of your altcoin everyday?  (Read 2096 times)
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:13:37 AM

I do watch my coins many times in a day or sometimes once and there are days especially when its a bearish market then I opt to open my app. Sometimes you'll get emotional but I am more of a holder and I have a hard time selling most of my coins. I did set alarms on their prices so I won't be tempted when there are some heavy changes but isn't at my target reach.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KotBas

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:14:16 PM

I believe every day to fade for the price of his altcoyin is simply silly. If you believe in a coin, forget about it for a long period. Because in a panic you will do something stupid.
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:16:56 PM

As a newbie you do but soon you realise that altcoins don't rise or fall exponentially daily. I used to check every day but now I check after 3-5 days. Every exchange offers a stop loss feature. You can add your altcoin there and you will receive a notification automatically.
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:38:18 PM

Most of my free time, yes. I need to monitor my portfolio since I have many coins for my long term investments. I can't afford to watch them falling down so during the down trend, so I make it a point that atleast once a day I watch them. But during the recovery period I always look at them whenever I'm free, same as others do and being surprise that I've gained all my profit loss. I can only check it 1 to 2x a day now because I'm also busy with my full time work.

coinfinder000

Activity: 350

Swipe

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:25:20 PM

I look every hour. It's a big addiction for me. When I buy cash now in cash, my dependency will decrease.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
320hz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:41:54 PM

Yes, I'm watching the change in the price of coins. I like to see how my capital grows. Probably all people like to look at this, because it's nice.
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:10:46 PM

Watching the price of my altcoins is the most frustrating thing I might have ever done. Yes it is so frustrating and yes it maybe wrong for tons of traders but I am new to this world and I think I have to follow, get used to the patterns, know how I can manage my coins.
And you are right at FOMO & FUD part. I did the same, actually still doing. When the coins goes up I sell it directly. Thats just what I did 2 day ago. Had HPB for a long time. I was swinging everyday with 1% profit. Then %10 opportunity happened! There I was, happy, sold my precious HPBs, then it continued! Waited for the retrace to happen.
I am kinda a bag holder. Actually thats also why I am checking out the prices and hoping there was a pump while I am sleeping. Damn why my coins dont get pumped!
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:12:31 PM

Absolutely not, look about bitcoin price but when I am not really active on trading.. I do not pay attention.
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:34:28 PM

Yes. I always checked the price of my altcoins. Because i do short term trading. In fact i monitor the market every hour. So that i cannot missed any opportunity.

Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:23:41 PM

I don't check it every day. I see no reason to do it, because nothing is going to change. The important is the price when you buy and the price when you sell. Everything in the middle is not important.

Linggis

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 03:53:00 AM

Yes, I am just like you who do daily monitoring of the price of the coins I have bought.
Sometimes my mind is not calm because Cryptocurrency price is always uncertain to increase and decrease in price.
I always hope that the price of coins I buy always increases in value.
And while doing the monitoring I feel my emotions up and down are uncertain.
It seems that emotional management needs to be good to not panic when the price of coins down and can think positively in the future.
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:21:25 AM

I only check it sometimes because i am into a long term hold of my crypto assets. Sometimes, you will feel worried seeing how your crypto assets total value declined so hard but my mind always tells me to be strong and patient all the time.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
alon_alon

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:26:26 AM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
Some people just buy it and don't think about it, which could be good or bad.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
How do you feel before you watch it?
Yes, of course, I pay attention to everyday coins that I hold. The goal is if the coin that I hold the price up or down, I can immediately take action. For example, the more down I can immediately buy it and if it has gone up very high I can immediately sell or hold it.
cryptoasis

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:32:14 AM

I usually do with my alts HODLs.  I see and track progress. I have set my target where I could sell if hit those targets.
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:18:28 AM

To be honest, I stopped looking at the prices of altcoins lately, since I buy them in the long perspectice.
pinoycryptoes

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:03:59 AM

Of course, you need to check it and their updates since it affects their value.

BTW. i'm using  blockfolio and other apps to check my crypto investment.
Token.tv

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:01:57 AM

This practice in obsessive and unhealthy. If you truly believe in the coin/token you posses you shouldn't check it every day all the time, because the market is really unstable and the price can go up and down for no particular reason. Give it some time and focus on the long term growth. Instead of wasting your time on coins/tokens you already posses try to research and find new interesting projects. It a lot more interesting than reading the same old thing over and over again. Be careful with your investments and best of luck !
JohnnyDaMitch

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:48:13 AM

Yes of course, that was one of the main reasons of why i have invested on those altcoins on the first place. Checking the price is more than important if you have a desired target.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:36:27 AM

I just checking coins from time to time, when I think it is time to sell. Not that person who expect for the short-time profit. But sometimes I think I'm the worst person to compare with )

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
metallikingz

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:45:28 AM

Yes i am always looking at the price becasue i am more than worried about my investment, and i do not want to see it going down, that is why i am more than paying attention to it

● BlockAIp   
▄▀      A Decentralized Social Networking and Media Platform     ▀▄
▄▀  Whitepapper  | OneP | Presentation | Bounty  | Twitter  | Telegram    ▀▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: