Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:08:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you watch the price of your altcoin everyday?  (Read 2096 times)
joypark333 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:26:24 AM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
Some people just buy it and don't think about it, which could be good or bad.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
How do you feel before you watch it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:07:47 AM

I agree with you, do not watch your price all the time it can be very unhealthy...you need to do something productive instead. You can set an alarm for your when the price hit your target on blockfolio

royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:43:24 AM

Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?

I do, especially now that many of the altcoins I have are either in a stand still in value, if not, continuously dropping in value. I can't blame anyone, though, because that's the effect of the recent price surge of bitcoin. However, I am happy to see some surviving altcoins like Eth, Waves, LTC, sumokoin, and the like because that means altcoins are not dead just yet. I am hoping for most of them to regain strength because it can help the market be more active.

zenyfomax1

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:41:35 AM

i do. i currently hold around 10-15 coins. i installed coinmarketapp on all my phones and favorited those coins (along with a few others i find interesting).

but don't know if i hold more coins in the future (like 30-50) or when come the days when i'll be busy at work. perhaps i'll watch only some of the coins.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:48:34 AM

checking price everyday is the good way to check the market fluctuation.  You have to catch the news to give the important decision. What's about the emotion? you have to accept and train your emotion under pressure if you wanna succeed.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
rainangel7

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:49:41 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 06:01:02 AM by rainangel7

I downloaded an app that saves me alot of time, look at all my coin in 1 minute and see the profit too, the app is coincap.io if anyone is interested
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:58:42 AM

I usually watch the price a few times a day, but not like every 5 minutes or so. That would definitely be unhealthy and not really even profitable. I tried day trading some time ago and doing swing trades / making 30 trades a day I found is not as profitable as just holding a coin for a week or month and then selling. I would definitely advise against checking prices every 10 minutes or something because it will just give you anxiety.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
explorecrypto

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:12:46 AM

I have blockfolio where I track the ALT rates and put in alerts.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:18:14 AM

I use an app that i downloaded in the playstore named Blackfolio. It's easier in there to watch the prices there. And it's better if you always watch the prices of your coin if you're a trader so that you will know where will you invest next.
zorranco

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:26:38 AM

U serious?  Grin

I watch it at least 1 time every 2 hours.

I don't use stop losses, so sleeping is forbidden  Cool
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:35:42 PM

It will put the more emotion. But i just to do it to train my mentalsm. as you can see how so many people are so made if the price goes down. I just use the app like blockfolio to watch the price for all of my portfolios everyday. To give a good mental for me. it looks good but at the same time bad for you.
Zakhal

Activity: 280

I love crypto

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:41:45 PM

It depends on whether Im making money or not. If the flow is alive then I can relax. If its not then I have to find a way to restart it, and then its more time consuming.
yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:40:38 PM

I do but that's only because it's a rather large amount. NEM is the next big coin to pop btw Wink
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:46:52 PM

I know that this is not a healthy habit, but I can not avoid my obsession to be continuously observing the behavior of the markets throughout the day. There are times I can not sleep or I wake up in the early morning just to observe the price of my cryptos. I know I must find some way to overcome this harmful trend, but I have not found it yet.
rbv

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:02:37 AM

I wrote a simple HTML file which retrieves the current prices of my coins and then calculates how much my investements are worth at the moment, the difference to the money I put into them initially and a gain factor. It's nice to see what is going on but I think it would be healthier to blindly HODL for a while and focus on more important issues.

Different sites provide nice widgets you can use in HTML, see for example https://coinmarketcap.com/widget/ or https://www.coingecko.com/en/widgets/ticker/iota/usd
8rch7

Activity: 1344
Merit: 463

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:09:07 AM

If you trade, I think yes should always keep paying attention to price movements. But if you do not want to bother, you can take advantage of some applications that have a feature alarm price crypto, just by setting the alarm to sound when a certain price.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:30:53 AM

I wrote a simple HTML file which retrieves the current prices of my coins and then calculates how much my investements are worth at the moment, the difference to the money I put into them initially and a gain factor. It's nice to see what is going on but I think it would be healthier to blindly HODL for a while and focus on more important issues. Different sites provide nice widgets you can use in HTML, see for example https://coinmarketcap.com/widget/ or https://www.coingecko.com/en/widgets/ticker/iota/usd
I do not think so, I never check and track the price of cryptocurrency at all times. But it really depends on your profession. If you are a trader, then you need to check always at all times. But if you're not a trader and just a long-term investment, then I guess you do not have to check every time. Suppose you've collected and bought some Altcoin, then you want to invest long term. Automatically you will not care about the price and just read the news occasionally. You need a check, but you do not have to check every time. I hope you understand what I mean and do not misunderstand. I usually just check from news and discussion of people only.
M0N3YMAGNET

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:35:10 AM

I check my prices on a daily basis. When your money is at stake, I think it's important to watch every penny.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:38:48 AM

I watch my coins every day, i read all the news about them, some days if i feel that dump will happen i sell part of them
Dullmartini

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:45:19 AM

I look at the price of my coins every day, more than once a day. However, each coin I own i have a plan for. I also plan my investments. I know in advance which coins to buy, how long to hold, what level of profit I want (if it’s a short term hold) so I don’t get carried away with fud or fomo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: