Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:33:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZET] Zetacoin - SHA256 - Upgrade to 0.13.2 (Segwit)  (Read 463813 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:01:24 PM

Considering I think a fair value of this coin is around the $1 mark I suspect there is a lot more growing yet. Maybe not today or tomorrow but definitely, in weeks or months.

This seems to be a typical post from the Zetacoin zombies here, no reasons given, just empty words... I don't expect any 'news' is going to match the hype, or justify the price rise...

A few people defend the developers but no-one has given a credible reason why the price started to rise April 1st (yeah). Let's say they do have a big announcement, do these manipulations ahead of it seem alright to you?? Do you stop asking questions just because something goes up?

Everyone just want to know the reason and don't like to be deceived by false expectations so that is why we have so much questions lately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:04:46 PM

My guess is that the no.1 wallet belongs to Cryptsy, since it's the only one that could account for the volume displayed on this exchange in the last 24 hours (price is around the same point it was 24 hours ago). If this account doesn't belong to Cryptsy, feel free to point out which one is, because I find it hard to believe any other one is. Especially since the next 2 biggest wallets had a 'last tansaction' dating from 5 months ago.

no 1. account holds 37 million ZET
no 2. account holds 7.3 million ZET
no 3. account holds 5 million ZET

I would say the following address would be cryptsy - https://coinplorer.com/ZET/Addresses/ZUGDRKbSFSpMccJ4VKnLoEsRqCT3T3hfHm

it has the movments of an exchange, coins in and then moved to cold storage address's.

it has also received a total larger than the largest address.

also it means that the largest address was dumping on cryptsy the last few days, simple block chain analysis can tell me this.

wonderloops

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:05:41 PM

Considering I think a fair value of this coin is around the $1 mark I suspect there is a lot more growing yet. Maybe not today or tomorrow but definitely, in weeks or months.

This seems to be a typical post from the Zetacoin zombies here, no reasons given, just empty words... I don't expect any 'news' is going to match the hype, or justify the price rise...

A few people defend the developers but no-one has given a credible reason why the price started to rise April 1st (yeah). Let's say they do have a big announcement, do these manipulations ahead of it seem alright to you?? Do you stop asking questions just because something goes up?

its the same thing im want to know WHAT ... WHY ....

people just tell you its fine not What and why

Then wait for the announcement.

Play it safe.
wonderloops

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:09:54 PM

My guess is that the no.1 wallet belongs to Cryptsy, since it's the only one that could account for the volume displayed on this exchange in the last 24 hours (price is around the same point it was 24 hours ago). If this account doesn't belong to Cryptsy, feel free to point out which one is, because I find it hard to believe any other one is. Especially since the next 2 biggest wallets had a 'last tansaction' dating from 5 months ago.

I would say the following address would be cryptsy - https://coinplorer.com/ZET/Addresses/ZUGDRKbSFSpMccJ4VKnLoEsRqCT3T3hfHm

it has the movments of an exchange, coins in and then moved to cold storage address's.

also it means that the largest address was dumping on cryptsy the last few days, simple block chain analysis can tell me this.

The 'Cryptsy adress' you mentioned sends 7.5 mil ZET to the '37mil adress' here --> https://coinplorer.com/ZET/Transactions/62db65e4f751d5bd7e0900382587662ef2bdb44b778614dd9e80214693d8c6a7

Increments of 50K per time if Im correct. This means ZET is flowing in the opposite direction that a dump would suggest.

Any idea what this could be?
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:24:33 PM

Everyone just want to know the reason and don't like to be deceived by false expectations so that is why we have so much questions lately.

I would of 'hopped on the train' if it seemed like new people were discovering Zetacoin and I thought it had unique innovations that deserved the attention, but that isn't what happened and I don't think it does...

So if you 'join the ride' then you don't know where it's going, it could be a plunge straight to the bottom, if it gets manipulated higher, that isn't meaningful either, you don't know how long it's going to last.

I do think there are good coins that are being manipulated down at the moment, it makes this one stick out even more. I hope people will stick with better coins, don't dump them for this. Let's be clear they haven't really stated there is a big announcement coming either.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
wonderloops

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:31:04 PM

I would of 'hopped on the train' if it seemed like new people were discovering Zetacoin and I thought it had unique innovations that deserved the attention, but that isn't what happened and I don't think it does...

So if you 'join the ride' then you don't know where it's going, it could be a plunge straight to the bottom, if it gets manipulated higher, that isn't meaningful either, you don't know how long it's going to last.

I do think there are good coins that are being manipulated down at the moment, it makes this one stick out even more. I hope people will stick with better coins, don't dump them for this. Let's be clear they haven't really stated there is a big announcement coming either.

But what if the rumours are true, and ZET is about to become an actual currency?
Actual money that can be used as a mean to exchange for products & services.

I think a lot of people fail to understand that normal 'crypto-laws of physics' will no longer apply.
Real life adoption on such a huge scale has a bigger capacity for succes then the crypto community itself can provide.

But yes, right now it's all a bet. But the arguments used against this rumour are not convincing if you have followed developments over last few months. Let's just all relax and find out, in the end investment carries risk.

dragonseer

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

But what if the rumours are true, and ZET is about to become an actual currency?
Actual money that can be used as a mean to exchange for products & services.

I think a lot of people fail to understand that normal 'crypto-laws of physics' will no longer apply.
Real life adoption on such a huge scale has a bigger capacity for succes then the crypto community itself can provide.

But yes, right now it's all a bet. But the arguments used against this rumour are not convincing if you have followed developments over last few months. Let's just all relax and find out, in the end investment carries risk.

Alright, I'm going to take your rumours at face value and tease them out, and then you'll see there is even more reason to be suspicious. I do follow Zetacoin on twitter, and have seen their credit card mockup. So let's say that is it. That's the announcement. Zetacoin is now playing nice with the credit card reader at your local supermarket.  IT'S REAL MONEY!  It's crypto and Walmart will accept the fucking thing. Then I would know who's been behind the price manipulations that have made most other cryptos look like crap at the moment. So I wouldn't cheer for fucking Zetacoin then, it would just mean we've all been duped.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:44:21 PM

The 'Cryptsy adress' you mentioned sends 7.5 mil ZET to the '37mil adress' here --> https://coinplorer.com/ZET/Transactions/62db65e4f751d5bd7e0900382587662ef2bdb44b778614dd9e80214693d8c6a7

Increments of 50K per time if Im correct. This means ZET is flowing in the opposite direction that a dump would suggest.

I think you are looking at it backward then  Wink

the largest isted zeta address sends coins including the 7.5mil transaction to the ZUGDRK address.

the 50,000 zeta are all the inputs, which can be seen flowing into the largest zeta address over the last few months.

ZUGDRK takes deposits from all over, coins go in, coins go out. this is exchange movment.

the largest address moves millions of zeta to the zegdrk address since the price climbs, coinciding with dumping on cryptsy.

I am still holding zeta i mined before it ever hit an exchange though. I doubt i will sell ever.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:47:39 PM

Believing a sign of Zetacoin
Beyond the hard times from now!

hammo

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

Zetacoin  has all of the earmarks of a concerted plan to increase the price-per-coin while leaving people who don’t know better holding the bag.

This strategy is extremely effective, it relies almost exclusively on hype and misdirection, and is extremely low on fact. This Wikipedia article is a good starting point to understand the dynamics for any micro-cap stock. This type of scam is illegal in the US, and many other jurisdictions, but because Crypto Currencies are for the most part unregulated people are preying on unsophisticated investors. The general flow is as follows.

1 – Buy a bunch of some random non descript alt-coin or start your own. For an existing currency like Zetacoin you probably want to slowly buy into it so as not to disrupt the price. If you buy too much too fast people are going to notice that there is manipulation at play. A good example of this is the number one Zetacoin address by value ZGfz94PBE2D3yhgSSooqMbtSiLNLozYsbv which at this time is worth approximately 1.5 million USD. Here is the link to the very first transaction for that address. Notice how the owner systematically accrues 50,000 ZET every 4 minutes. That is until yesterday at 6:26 PM where the owner starts offloading and reaping the profits, $456,000 of other peoples money at the time of this writing.

2 – Get suckers into the game. Start building a hype machine via your blog, pull people in on Twitter who can push your penny-stock. Just check the #Zetacoin hashtag for an unending stream of non-fact on twitter Some choice selections:

“When people eventually start to dig into what the #Zetacoin community has done they are not going to believe it.”

“#ZBAD’s motto of #BuyHoldBuild is starting to make sense to everyone else. True value of a coin is in application not speculation #zetacoin”

“I’m all about community that’s why i believe in #blackcoin and now #zetacoin”

“#zetacoin is a screaming buy even without knowing anything concrete.Hype/rumours to 2k,the breaking news will easily bring it to 20k #HUGE”

3 – Offer no concrete facts. The thing that is nice about talking about community is that you don’t have to back it up with anything. You don’t have to say where or how Zetacoin is different from anyone else. You don’t have to point to real world examples of use. In fact, you can pretty much manufacture a community of users overnight. Let’s take a look at the Zetacoin “community”.

Zeta-coin.org has a News section with 2 bullet points since 2013. Not seeming very active to me.

Twitter 6445 followers. That seems pretty sizable. The thing is you can buy a few hundred twitter followers for a few bucks, so difficult to tell if that is real community or not. There seem to be only a few very active in the PUMP. Zetacoin themselves say that over 500k has been traded in 24 hours! The vast majority being sold as the PUMPER takes the profit.

Github Has almost no changes since it was forked from Bitcoin. For a developer community working on something game changing this is also a red flag.

Forum. The Zeta-coin forum has less than 100 total posts on it.

OK, what about Reddit Ah. A very little going on, but 157 active readers!…

4 – Be anonymous. Beware when people don’t put their real name on a project, it says a lot about it when the creators are basically unknown. Remember, you have to avoid legal liability later. If there isn’t a name associated with the coin, someone who has something to lose if it goes belly up, buyer beware.

5 – Promise something big in the future. The main proponents talk a big game, that is all part of the hype machine. Examples:

“His project was a complete and utter GAME CHANGER.”

“Within 4 days Zetacoin was the hottest crypto in the community. Within 5 days the twitter feed was running red hot with Zetacoin talk.”

“Most of you have figured out that there is something big, and that there is a third party involved.”

“We have an opportunity to walk the talk that the community keeps mouthing.”

This is called bullshit. Unadulterated, useless drivel. Just look at the charts. Read the block chain. At the end of the day there is no news that should result in a 700% increase overnight. If you are investing in Zetacoin you just made somebody else Rich. Shame on you guys, you know who you are. People need to be aware that what is old is new again, the pump-and-dump penny stock scam is alive and well in Crypto currency!

http://www.brantonbits.com/blog/2014/04/07/altcoin-pump-and-dump-scams/

Wow Unclebobs, you've got quite a lot to say on the matter. Which coin are you with these days Quark or XCP Finished bagging Darkcoin and now moving onto the next best thing. Maybe you are hoping for a down turn in the ZET market so that you can move over to a more popular coin. Hell, sell your crap coins now and buy something with potential.

However, I like your point about a 700% overnight increase, it seems outrageous. What the, that's like zetacoin going from $0.005 cents to $0.03 cents .lol

Keep the comedy coming 'bro Cheesy

Rayes

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:26:16 PM

Hammo, just dont spend any more valuable time of yours on this UncleBobs. I quit reading his post after point #4, 4 points in a row that don't make sense and are incorrect is enough waste of my time.

Whatever happens happens.. Haters gonna hate no matter how much time you put into it.
If you bend words long enough and write down certain actions in your own way you can make a conspiracy theory based on anything, even without research (look at the post and do your research).
Though the one which UncleBobs posted is lacking facts everywhere and is in a very bad shape.
Though for an intern journalist of a local newspaper it might just be enough to not get laughed at Smiley.. well you get my point.

Wasted to much time here already.. If you think it's a PnD then by all means stay away from it for your own safety, but don't claim you are the all knowing person in the crypto world who has seen this over and over again. Fair enough to state your doubts, but spreading false facts is just sad.

We'll see in the coming weeks what Zeta will do, until then state your concerns based on facts instead of fiction and tunnelvision..

Adios!
wonderloops

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:42:25 PM

I think you are looking at it backward then  Wink

the largest isted zeta address sends coins including the 7.5mil transaction to the ZUGDRK address.

the 50,000 zeta are all the inputs, which can be seen flowing into the largest zeta address over the last few months.

ZUGDRK takes deposits from all over, coins go in, coins go out. this is exchange movment.

the largest address moves millions of zeta to the zegdrk address since the price climbs, coinciding with dumping on cryptsy.

I am still holding zeta i mined before it ever hit an exchange though. I doubt i will sell ever.

I think you're right.  Smiley

Good find!

Still not giving up on my ZET though.

tuaris

Activity: 765

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 02:03:22 AM

Why do people dislike Zetacoin so much?  Do they fear it because it has the potential to have more use and value than Bitcoin?
I really don't understand where all the hate comes from.

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:14:00 AM

we need ZET/USD but not like scharmbeck that failed and almost destroyed WDC

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
dragonseer

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:43:54 AM

Why do people dislike Zetacoin so much?  Do they fear it because it has the potential to have more use and value than Bitcoin?
I really don't understand where all the hate comes from.

These are my quotes, I've bought and sold Zetacoin lately because it's easy to make some gains right now on this coin... But any profits I'm using to buy more Quark and Mintcoin.  It's easier to see how these coins offer potential and innovation as Bitcoin alternatives. It's also easier to see on reddit and on this forum how the community is participating in the building of these coins. These are my picks but you might have others, that's fine.

Again though if you could explain why the price has risen so suddenly for Zetacoin based on some 'rumours' then people wouldn't be suspicious that this is some dirty trick being played out.

hammo

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:32:24 AM

These are my quotes, I've bought and sold Zetacoin lately because it's easy to make some gains right now on this coin... But any profits I'm using to buy more Quark and Mintcoin.  It's easier to see how these coins offer potential and innovation as Bitcoin alternatives. It's also easier to see on reddit and on this forum how the community is participating in the building of these coins. These are my picks but you might have others, that's fine.

Again though if you could explain why the price has risen so suddenly for Zetacoin based on some 'rumours' then people wouldn't be suspicious that this is some dirty trick being played out.

Everyone has their own ideas about which coin has value. Thanks for trading in Zetacoin and I'm glad you made some profits. Smiley

Unfortunately, your alt coins are stifled by the reddit and bitcointalk dome.  It's easy to lose perspective on how little the other 7+ billion people in world perceive your favoured coins. Obviously you aren't aware that ZBAD is working outside of these walls and are looking for real adoption by real people.  That's perhaps why the hype updates haven't been as frequent as you are use to in these arenas.

Quite frankly, we need a better spread of coins, so you selling your coins has helped that goal in some small way. Again Thanks! and good luck with quark and mintcoin. (Hopefully you sold out of them before losing almost 50% of their value in the last month)
dragonseer

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:45:37 AM

Quite frankly, we need a better spread of coins, so you selling your coins has helped that goal in some small way. Again Thanks! and good luck with quark and mintcoin. (Hopefully you sold out of them before losing almost 50% of their value in the last month)

Yes, and good luck to you converting more minions to Zetacoin! I'm sure if the price goes up it's because it's really innovative! (hopefully people don't look at your post history and see how transparent you are)

hammo

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:00:20 AM

Yes, I'm committed to Zetacoin  Shocked

Until the cryto community understand how marketing works we are all doomed. Ever wondered why KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut all operate on the same corners?

It's because regardless of the potential competion they all benefit from people be in the same area. Sure only one gets the sale, but maybe next time it's them. You certainly don't see people hanging around outside holding signs bagging the other stores. That would be bad for there profile. Crypto is no different.
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:19:15 AM

we need ZET/USD but not like scharmbeck that failed and almost destroyed WDC

Why did anyone put faith in an exchange called 'Scharmbeck' anyways?  Tongue
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:55:52 AM

Some people start to realize that they have been buying/supporting the wrong altcoins for the wrong reasons all along. And now they are bitter because they understand that hype isn't enough anymore to prop up an altcoin and that actual work needs to be done.

Exactly, I appreciate innovation but really, which coin is more likely to be adopted by a major company? The one dwelling in the little corner of bitcointalk with all its groupies hyping it as the next big thing, or the coin whose benefactors kick down the doors of investors and pitch directly to themselves?

People sometimes forget the end use of crypto is more important than whether how its mined or what algorithm it is using. Instead of waiting for Wallstreet to come to you, you have to go to them because any layman investor would just be overwhelmed spending just 5 minutes here or worse on a crypto trollbox.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: