Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:31:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Mining ASIC coming soon  (Read 35529 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:22:53 PM

I don't like these "coming soon" announcements with no technical details of products coming out.

Having said that, if these guys are in Austin, I have a few trips planned there before the New Year, driving back and forth from Dallas, and would be happy to report on any demos or product these guys are developing if they are entertaining visitors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:44:58 PM

The way I see it, the progress will come from another company, which has designers experienced in analog/mixed signal ICs and who did high-power designs like cellular tower radios or synthetic aperture radars.

Hmmm, do you think that implies some advantage towards KNC, considering ORSoC is supposed to have cellular experience?

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 05:55:33 PM

So, what's your company USP (Unique Selling Point) compared with others?!
[/quote]

Our USP is highest performance for lowest cost and lowest power; $/GH and GH/W.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:00:42 PM

Thanks for rooting for Cointerra! We will make all Texans proud Smiley
Most real Texans aren't proud of anything that goes on in Austin, with the possible exception of football.  And then, only some years.   Cheesy

In any case, I wish you the best of luck and greatest of fortune!

Uhm... I'm as REAL a Texan as it gets. With the possible exception of the politics, I'm pretty darn proud of Austin. No, I don't live there (I'm a little further south), but's it's a helluva fun place to visit! I'm always puzzled when people badmouth Austin...

BTW, it's sure been a mild summer so far... Smiley

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:02:50 PM

Hmmm, do you think that implies some advantage towards KNC, considering ORSoC is supposed to have cellular experience?
Which side of the cellular? In the pocket or on the tower?

If you can answer the above question you can deduct my answer based on my previous post.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 06:14:56 PM

Uhm... I'm as REAL a Texan as it gets. With the possible exception of the politics, I'm pretty darn proud of Austin. No, I don't live there (I'm a little further south), but's it's a helluva fun place to visit! I'm always puzzled when people badmouth Austin...

BTW, it's sure been a mild summer so far... Smiley
Well, I just checked Lockhart on wunderground dot com, and it's showing 96F / 108 heat index.  See ya in September.

And, you know I was joshin' about real Texans v Austin, right?  But every state has a town which many citizens are fond of prefacing with "The People's Republic of..."  Even many who, to their Father Confessor, will admit to being secretly proud of the town and its accomplishments.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

I hope you (cointerra) realize that it will not be easy to aquire money from pre-orders at this point in time. It would be much easier to sell shares of your company, which could still work although you went with private investors so far.

Also I hope you realize that there is a not so unlikely scenario where energy efficiency from ASICs < 1W/GH will never matter. In order to make it matter the network would have to grow > 50 PHash/s while the usd/btc price would stay at 100$. The more the price rises..

First of all, there's no way a "legit" American company is going to sell shares on a virtual stock exchange at this point in time.  There are tons of laws about selling securities in the U.S. It's not going to happen.

Secondly, whether or not they can take pre-orders depends on how much they charge. If they're chips are cheap enough they could potentially still sell chips. It all depends on the $/Ghash. 

If they're $1/Gh/s, for example I'm sure they'll have plenty of people willing to buy from them. That would be like selling an Avalon for $80. Do you think you'd have trouble selling an Avalon for that price in November or December?

Not saying they'll hit that price, though. But the way things are shaping up people are probably going to be terrified to pre-order at anything but the lowest prices in Oct/Nov.

Which in turn means the network hashrate will likely start to top out.

At this point, though trying to make any kind of prediction impossible.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 07:18:24 PM

So far None, Yes None of this guys have delivered on time. Butterfly, Avalon, will knc and bitfury delivers on time?

Bitfury was supposed to ship their chips in July.  So far I haven't heard anyone complain about not getting their chips.

tacoman71

Activity: 320

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:35:18 PM

Awesome. All I need now is some videos.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:35:29 PM

But the way things are shaping up people are probably going to be terrified to pre-order at anything but the lowest prices in Oct/Nov.

Yup, unless something amazing happens to the price of BTC by then I'm gonna be looking to buy at under $5 a gigahash. Even that might sound equivalent to original "AM blade pricing" if everyone ships on time by then.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:47:24 PM

Guys...give your head a shake.

All we see here is someone created a website with a bunch of names from LinkedIn and put one of the names on the domain purchase.

The nicely formatted "news release" was created by the website designer and has not been published by any reputable source.

I have not seen any third party confirmation. Ravi's twitter is protected so we can't see tweets from him.

No one uses Bitcointalk to disseminate this kind of business information if they are capable of reaching a wider audience through respected media outlets.
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:50:58 PM

Very good!

Now, since it looks like you choose the pre-order business model, you are asking everybody here to be an investor in your company: so please treat us exactly as you did with your "angel" to convince him to put millions in your project.
Go on with details now..

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 07:54:45 PM

Very good!

Now, since it looks like you choose the pre-order business model, you are asking everybody here to be an investor in your company: so please treat us exactly as you did with your "angel" to convince him to put millions in your project.
Go on with details now..

The pitch to the angel goes like this... " We will get your money back as soon as we get the preorder money." You already saw the pitch to you in the OP.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:10:16 PM

Guys...give your head a shake.

All we see here is someone created a website with a bunch of names from LinkedIn and put one of the names on the domain purchase.

The nicely formatted "news release" was created by the website designer and has not been published by any reputable source.

I have not seen any third party confirmation. Ravi's twitter is protected so we can't see tweets from him.

No one uses Bitcointalk to disseminate this kind of business information if they are capable of reaching a wider audience through respected media outlets.

Don't be hatin' on Pantera, brah!   Ohshi...  Panthera.  no.  TerraCoin?  Cool site, anyhow.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:16:48 PM

Why not?  No one else is going to care. KnC sold out their first two production days posting here, People tried to poor in over $1.8 million dollars into the Labcoin IPO, and it looks like even BTCGarden's IPO was successful as well, with the major source of news about the products being here and the chinese bitcoin forums.

You can definitely get your hands on millions of dollars just from posting on these forums.  Problem is I wonder if investors are tapped out at this point.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:16:51 PM

Meanwhile
http://bitcoinexaminer.org/avalon-might-be-getting-a-200-million-investment-and-20nm-technology-to-become-the-leader-of-the-mining-market/

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Loredo

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:31:45 PM

"Boss, we're getting BFL'ed out there something awful.  Do you think we should hire some people and work on order fulfillment?"

"No, fuck that.  Payroll is such a pain in the ass.  Let's just make up some story of how we're going to be King of the Hill again, and get some shill mouthpiece to publish it.  The sheep will eat it up, and nobody will want to say anything to piss off the King, right?"
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:34:37 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 10:56:07 PM by Bitcoinorama

If you're listing that link it's worth posting the following link as well to remind people why Bitcoin was created a year later and why an ex-senior government bond advisor who worked for Lehman Brothers and has a love for making money may be the last person you want involved in Bitcoin...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_of_Lehman_Brothers

Edit: This has to be BS. Just google: Avalon 200 million

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:39:27 PM

Very good!

Go on with details now..

The details will be released soon to the public, in a few weeks. If you want details right away, please send an email to info@cointerra.com, and we can setup a call to reveal more under an NDA just like our angels did.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
mik3

Activity: 245
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:42:39 PM

If you sign up to their email list, the reply-to email is joeri.cornelissens@gmail.com googling that looks like someone in Belgium... what's all that about?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: