Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:15:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the future of bitcoin look like??  (Read 2817 times)
thecryptillian (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:22:54 AM

It will be dead or used as a store of value , i don't see bitcoin being used as a currency. At the moment i rather accumulate more altcoins then bitcoin.
We are on the same page there  Cool
thecryptillian (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:28:17 AM

Hi there thecryptillian! The future of bitcoin is very bright as the sun and moon. Let me answer your queries one by one.

2 weeks?
Probably, It will raise from $15k to another new level like $17k or maybe $18k, it is because people are in buying mode right now. Have you read the news about facebook investor buying massive amount of bitcoin?

2 months?
Probably, above $20k mark, and most ICO is competing bitcoin those months. There are bunch of ICO that will be competing and taking advantage of the limitation of bitcoin, but I think without proper usage, those will not succeed.

2 years?
I’m Millionaire by that time, just keep in touch and maybe I’ll donate some of my bitcoins to you, if you stay loyal to bitcoins.

Will it be surpassed by another coin? If so, which one and when?
Nope, not really. It’s hard to surpass the pioneer of the crypto. Right even today, the price of altcoins is way back far from bitcoin. You can even check the transaction people do in bitcoin compare to others. Wink

Hey man, thanks for sharing your thoughts. While I am sceptical of bitoins I respect your enthusiasm.

LOL at your millionaire comment. I too will be a millionaire so I won't need your coins, but I appreciate your offer and I am more than happy If you want to drive your super yatch over to my private Island for a beer!  Grin
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:09:22 PM

Which is why I expect the most important factor to be transaction throughput, since people want cheap and fast transactions.
All the other major alt-coins are soaring past bitcoin in terms of cheap & fast transactions. Dash for example has the fancy interface and is close to instant transaction speed and Ethereum is super quick and cheap. These alt-coins are not weaker in security either.

It's easy to be cheap when transaction traffic is negligible. BCH has super cheap transactions for example. But that's not because their blocks are bigger, it's simply because barely anyone is using it when compared to BTC.

Take roads for example. Say you have multiple 4 lane highways, that for some reason go along the same route. But one is being used by pretty much everyone, because it was the first around. So naturally, traffic jams occur. Does this make the other 4 lane highways less susceptible to traffic congestions once everyone decides to use them instead?

A simplified argument of course, but I think you get my point.

All current alts that I'm aware of make either use of a centralized entity or rely on linear scaling. Linear scaling will not get us close to credit card levels of transaction throughput. The first successful approach at non-linear scaling that doesn't rely on a centralized entity, will take the cake in my book. Right now that appears to be Lightning Network.

The argument goes both ways:

AMD came before Intel.

Ebay came before Amazon.

Microsoft came before Apple. Wait. Nevermind. You get the point.
Well the argument doesn't go both ways, because my argument is that the king can be dethroned and I have put before you similar cases where the king (or pioneer of a new technology) has been dethroned.

For you to dispel my argument, you would have to prove that no market pioneer has been dethroned.

Sorry, I was under the impression you meant to say that every market pioneer has been dethroned. That's what I meant to debunk. I didn't intend to argue that no market pioneer has been dethroned, which is not true of course.

And for the record Intel actually came before AMD and Amazon actually came before Ebay.

Exactly Wink

Market pioneers that still are at the top of their game.

Also, Apple are a bigger company than Microsoft, but Microsoft is still the dominant operating software.

Exactly! Market cap means nothing. Or market dominance means nothing, depending on how you see it.

All of these companies that you mention in your desperate attempt to win an argument have veered off into different markets and technologies, whereas I gave you examples of very when a creation was overtaken by a direct competitor. Like Facebook v Myspace and Yahoo v Google.
It's all irrelevant anyway because my point is that don't be fooled to think because BTC was the creator it will stand the test of time against competitors.

MySpace focused on music, before and after becoming a social network, so you could still argue about different markets.

Yahoo focused on... fuck if I knew, everything except search I suppose, which is why they lost to the focus and simplicity of Google. Yahoo veered off into different markets and drove the truck off the road long before Google became relevant.

Just nitpicking Wink

Either way, as mentioned above, I misunderstood the argument you were trying to make. Can't disagree with you, now that I get it.

That's what worries me. Most people don't care about decentralization and trustlessness. Dismiss both principles and you can scale to your heart's content.

Not sure if a tokenized version of PayPal makes for a compelling value proposition to the average consumer though.

To some extend decentralization is just an ideal. But it's why I'm invested in crypto in the first place, otherwise I would have just continued lamenting PayPal.

I am in your corner here. Eventually I also hope to move towards a completely decentralised internet.

Technologically the internet is decentralized, but that's all for nothing given that the governing bodies are not. Important to keep in mind when faced with cryptocurrencies. I still hope that the latter are part of the equation that will help us take back the internet though.
bosimpson54

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:51:57 PM

So Bitcoin's market dominance in the cryptocurrency world is currently at the lowest level ever with 36.1% of the total value.

In my opinion, it's because the interest in alternative coins is rising rapidly for one, but you also have to consider how much of the bitcoin world is criminal. Seriously, for the first 5-8 years, the digital currency was mainly used as a means for criminals to launder money and sell illegal goods on the dark market. Think of all the massive hacks in the early days also, and all those darknet markets that disappeared with huge amounts of bitcoin.

Literally millions and millions of the 16 million coins out there would be owned by criminals. And now with bitcoin becoming more centralized and less anonymous, they are swiftly exiting the market and looking for alternative dark coins.

I also personally avoid using bitcoin all-together because of the extremely slow transaction speeds and high cost's associated with it.

The bitcoin mining business is dust, so that interest will die quickly.

I just don't see a very bright future for the god of cryptocurrency and it will surely be surpassed by one of its rivals soon enough.

I'm torn between predicting it to be Dash, or Ethereum, and I recon it could be about 2 years before that happens.   

Would love to know peoples thoughts on the future of bitcoin.

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

I think that if Bitcoin develops in the future and it is acceptable to operate in those countries then it is certain that it will have a Bitcoin own image that could be the image of Bitcoin's founder and was printed. on Bitcoin, but surely a Bitcoin currency will have a very high price
Deepiefface10

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:45:06 PM

after 2 weeks bitcoin will rising 17,000$ and also fee will be high
after 2 months price will be 20,000$ and start using LN.
after 2 years price will be 100,000 and all use LN

█ BSHA3 █
Bitcoin Codebase Using SHA3-256 Algorithm
▬▬ The first sha3d crypto ▬▬
https://bsha3.com
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:02:14 PM

So Bitcoin's market dominance in the cryptocurrency world is currently at the lowest level ever with 36.1% of the total value.

In my opinion, it's because the interest in alternative coins is rising rapidly for one, but you also have to consider how much of the bitcoin world is criminal. Seriously, for the first 5-8 years, the digital currency was mainly used as a means for criminals to launder money and sell illegal goods on the dark market. Think of all the massive hacks in the early days also, and all those darknet markets that disappeared with huge amounts of bitcoin.

Literally millions and millions of the 16 million coins out there would be owned by criminals. And now with bitcoin becoming more centralized and less anonymous, they are swiftly exiting the market and looking for alternative dark coins.

I also personally avoid using bitcoin all-together because of the extremely slow transaction speeds and high cost's associated with it.

I just don't see a very bright future for the god of cryptocurrency and it will surely be surpassed by one of its rivals soon enough.

I'm torn between predicting it to be Dash, or Ethereum, and I recon it could be about 2 years before that happens.   

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

We can not predict much, but we can expect what will probably happen in the near future. If you can analyze the market situation well, you have a chance to find out what is worth and what is not worth investing in.
todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:13:29 PM

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

The future of Bitcoin can be seen now. It was developed thanks to the supply by investors. If Bitcoin investors are going to increase in the future, it will certainly have a brilliant future

thecryptillian (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:47:45 PM

Sorry, I was under the impression you meant to say that every market pioneer has been dethroned. That's what I meant to debunk. I didn't intend to argue that no market pioneer has been dethroned, which is not true of course.
No it's not true yet you continued to argue with me and tell me how some market pioneers are still at the top of the game! Well, no shit, that's what everyone expects and I'm not arguing that it doesn't happen - just don't be naive to think it is forever!

Exactly Wink

Market pioneers that still are at the top of their game.
Again, not saying it can't happen. In fact people generally expect it too, and that's where investors fail.

[/quote]

Exactly! Market cap means nothing. Or market dominance means nothing, depending on how you see it.
Actually it means everything.

MySpace focused on music, before and after becoming a social network, so you could still argue about different markets.

Yahoo focused on... fuck if I knew, everything except search I suppose, which is why they lost to the focus and simplicity of Google. Yahoo veered off into different markets and drove the truck off the road long before Google became relevant.

Just nitpicking Wink

Either way, as mentioned above, I misunderstood the argument you were trying to make. Can't disagree with you, now that I get it.
Look at you now trying to tell me that Facebook and Myspace as well as Google and Yahoo were not direct competitors haha!!

Myspace = Social media networking platform (whether the focu was music or vagina it doesn't matter)
Facebook = Social media networking platform

And check out this description of Yahoo on Wikipedia -  "It was globally known for its Web portal, search engine Yahoo! Search, and related services, including Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping, video sharing, fantasy sports, and its social media website. At its height it was one of the most popular sites in the United States."

Now replace the word YAHOO with GOOGLE. Now tell me they are not direct competitors.!

You have just proven to me that you are ignorant and oblivious to facts and you not only posses an alarming inability to admit fault, but you also have a tendencies to hold yourself above others and fail to acknowledge others point of view.

I will waste no further time arguing with a nitpicking idiot like yourself who clearly knows little about business and investing but rather seems over obsessed with the technical coding side of things which a majority of the world couldn't give 2 fuks about! So good luck on your investment path in which you concentrate on your own needs and desires!

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:04:29 AM

[...]

You have just proven to me that you are ignorant and oblivious to facts and you not only posses an alarming inability to admit fault, but you also have a tendencies to hold yourself above others and fail to acknowledge others point of view.

I will waste no further time arguing with a nitpicking idiot like yourself who clearly knows little about business and investing but rather seems over obsessed with the technical coding side of things which a majority of the world couldn't give 2 fuks about! So good luck on your investment path in which you concentrate on your own needs and desires!

Dude, chill out. I told you that I misunderstood your argument and that I concur with your statement that pioneers get dethroned sometimes.

Just one minor thing though:

And check out this description of Yahoo on Wikipedia -  "It was globally known for its Web portal, search engine Yahoo! Search, and related services, including Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping, video sharing, fantasy sports, and its social media website. At its height it was one of the most popular sites in the United States."

Now replace the word YAHOO with GOOGLE. Now tell me they are not direct competitors.!

Except for search, Google was involved in neither of these things when they overtook Yahoo.

Email, Videos... even advertising only became part of Google's portfolio when they already dominated the search market. The only thing Google and Yahoo had in common back then was the search engine. Yahoo had spread itself too thin and unlike Google didn't quite get how quintessential internet search really was. Yahoo failing to acquire Google when they had the chance didn't help much either.

Acknowledging that pioneers get dethroned from time to time is only half the battle. The other is understanding why they do.
thecryptillian (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:39:33 AM

[...]

Dude, chill out. I told you that I misunderstood your argument and that I concur with your statement that pioneers get dethroned sometimes.

Just one minor thing though:

Except for search, Google was involved in neither of these things when they overtook Yahoo.

Email, Videos... even advertising only became part of Google's portfolio when they already dominated the search market. The only thing Google and Yahoo had in common back then was the search engine. Yahoo had spread itself too thin and unlike Google didn't quite get how quintessential internet search really was. Yahoo failing to acquire Google when they had the chance didn't help much either.

Acknowledging that pioneers get dethroned from time to time is only half the battle. The other is understanding why they do.
All that matters is Yahoo is no longer and Google is #1.

and what battle are you even talking about man? You don't even know anymore.
Anait

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:45:48 AM

Not sure about the future, but have the trust that it'll reach big as well make a big change around the globe. Maybe the change can be based on the economic growth or it can be of the technology based development which is important for the growing population.
nyong

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:57:32 AM

in the future, bitcoin will be very popular and bitcoin have many users
bitzzz

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:11:47 AM

Agree. Bitcoin is harder to use than other altcoins. In the future, people will more focus on the application not just view crypto currencies as assets. In that way, the coin with the most popularity and largest market share will win. It is totally unpredictable since there are so many new project and idea/concept coming out in ico. The future is full of possibilities. Lets wait. Let me guess. Bitcoin price:
2 week 18000
1 month 25000
1 year 50000
thecryptillian (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:18:21 AM

Agree. Bitcoin is harder to use than other altcoins. In the future, people will more focus on the application not just view crypto currencies as assets. In that way, the coin with the most popularity and largest market share will win. It is totally unpredictable since there are so many new project and idea/concept coming out in ico. The future is full of possibilities. Lets wait. Let me guess. Bitcoin price:
2 week 18000
1 month 25000
1 year 50000

Thanks. Hope you're right. Cool
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:25:18 AM

We already see and already experience what can bitcoin be,this is digital money online that can brings so much conveniece in any user of it.We as a bitcoin users know that we will be better if we are here in crypto world because it's gave so much knowledge while we can earn by that.I think the only problem here is the volatile price of it but if this is continue like day by day now even it's volatile still it so high value as a digital money.
Memenya

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:26:44 AM

Well, the question is quite general. I am bit difficult to describe.
Or maybe my bad because i am bit confusie. But in my opinion, bitcoin will be worth more than what it has today. And become more popular in more country.
bttcoin

Activity: 110
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:04:41 AM

Bitcoin's future market development can be seen, its share will be more and more, there will be more people, more countries accept bitcoin transactions.
thecryptillian (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

Email, Videos... even advertising only became part of Google's portfolio when they already dominated the search market.
Dude, wtf are you on about?

Do you realize that you are trying to argue that Google and Yahoo are not competitors.

You've straight away lost all credibility by doing that.

The only thing Google and Yahoo had in common back then was the search engine.
Both companies would be nothing without the search engines.

When you are the directory for the web, you quickly realize just how much you can explore other revenue streams.

Without the search engines, both companies would not have been able to expand in the way they did, so the battle for the number #1 ranking for web directories was crucial in winning the overall race.

Anyway all I think you need to take from the comparison is that Yahoo pioneered the search engine, Google found a way to improve on Yahoo's search engine and made it better. Google overtook Yahoo as the number 1 search engine and then #1 company.

Yahoo failing to acquire Google when they had the chance didn't help much either.

Yeah but they managed to grab
a huge amount of shares which more than covered the losses.

Yep I know that, which is also why I was giving my thoughts on what I believe are some causes.

One reason is because other companies make sharp improvement on the original revolutionary technlogy.
Adv Tahmina

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:21:36 AM

It is really heard to say crypto currency future.Bitcoin price is so valuable and users of it are also in huge number.The function  of bitcoin will be undertaken  by thousands of altcoin.Future market price would still be going higher than the present value and will be definitely becoming stronger.we can hope that bitcoin will reach on better position in future.
thecryptillian (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:31:33 AM

Google began as search moron.

Have you ever heard of Google?

Here, I'll fill you in on the situation as quickly as possible. And in case you're like 8 years old, I'll simplify it for you.

Yahoo invented the search engine and became the first web directory in the world.

1 year later Google came along with a better search engine with more improved protocols.

They both began competing for top ranked search engine (which would eventually lead to other avenues of profit)

So, In the business world, that's pretty much as close as you can get to a competitor.

Are you trolling or what?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: