Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does the future of bitcoin look like??  (Read 2817 times)
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:39:36 PM

So Bitcoin's market dominance in the cryptocurrency world is currently at the lowest level ever with 36.1% of the total value.

In my opinion, it's because the interest in alternative coins is rising rapidly for one, but you also have to consider how much of the bitcoin world is criminal. Seriously, for the first 5-8 years, the digital currency was mainly used as a means for criminals to launder money and sell illegal goods on the dark market. Think of all the massive hacks in the early days also, and all those darknet markets that disappeared with huge amounts of bitcoin.

Literally millions and millions of the 16 million coins out there would be owned by criminals. And now with bitcoin becoming more centralized and less anonymous, they are swiftly exiting the market and looking for alternative dark coins.

I also personally avoid using bitcoin all-together because of the extremely slow transaction speeds and high cost's associated with it.

The bitcoin mining business is dust, so that interest will die quickly.

I just don't see a very bright future for the god of cryptocurrency and it will surely be surpassed by one of its rivals soon enough.

I'm torn between predicting it to be Dash, or Ethereum, and I recon it could be about 2 years before that happens.   

Would love to know peoples thoughts on the future of bitcoin.

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Will it be surpassed by another coin? If so, which one and when?
You made a valid point. In my opinion i want to say that the major reasons bitcoin has been on the fall in price value are because two reasons.
1) Because of high cost of transaction fee. So new investors are discouraged to invest in bitcoin, instead they invest in Aitcoin like ETH,etc.
2) The christmas and new year holiday forced for bitcoin holders to sell their bitcoins for fiat. This is to enable them shop for the holidays. With this, the price would come up a little by the middle of January. My opinion though.

Yes, I agree with you. Bitcoin going down for the high-cost transaction fee. That's why the new investor is going to invest in other Altcoin like Ethereum etc. But Bitcoin drops the negative effects on other Altcoin. That why another Altcoin is also going down with Bitcoin. And some hacking affairs especially Japan hacking incident are responsible for Bitcoin price falling.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:42:21 PM

the upcoming g20 meetings might shed some light on the future of bitcoin.
The g-20 summit has already given the positive indicators for the crypto currency after which the currency is being legalized in the different countries like Mexico and Philippines. Moreover, the ban on the ICOs in china is also being lifted and positive news are also coming from the South Korea. These described developments are in the different parts of the world but they show that the future of the bitcoin is safe and secure.
Aeneous

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:04:14 PM

From where I am standing the future looks quite bright as bitcoin is waxing stronger even in the face of strong oppositions like it is facing now, bitcoin will do so well and much better.
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:17:14 AM

So Bitcoin's market dominance in the cryptocurrency world is currently at the lowest level ever with 36.1% of the total value.

In my opinion, it's because the interest in alternative coins is rising rapidly for one, but you also have to consider how much of the bitcoin world is criminal. Seriously, for the first 5-8 years, the digital currency was mainly used as a means for criminals to launder money and sell illegal goods on the dark market. Think of all the massive hacks in the early days also, and all those darknet markets that disappeared with huge amounts of bitcoin.

Literally millions and millions of the 16 million coins out there would be owned by criminals. And now with bitcoin becoming more centralized and less anonymous, they are swiftly exiting the market and looking for alternative dark coins.

I also personally avoid using bitcoin all-together because of the extremely slow transaction speeds and high cost's associated with it.

I just don't see a very bright future for the god of cryptocurrency and it will surely be surpassed by one of its rivals soon enough.

I'm torn between predicting it to be Dash, or Ethereum, and I recon it could be about 2 years before that happens.  

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

No Doubt with your points, I believe the things which can kill bitcoin is its transaction fee which are increasing with time and price. If we talk about using it on false activities like Drug, or money laundering, Its not our business nor we can prevent to be happen since bitcoin is volatile and no one can control it. Its better to watch our self. What are we doing with bitcoins, just help your self with his advantage and let other people to use it in wrong activities or whatever they want.
uriitimoshilov0109

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:01:06 AM

Beginners do not really need to know how the release is going. The main thing is to learn how to earn money and not lose income on interest for transfers.
Hitesh Ohri

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:36:53 AM

according to me, the future of bitcoins is very bright....nowadays young people are interested to make investments in it which results huge prfits to the company
paulo29

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:55:31 PM

In reality no one knows when will the bitcoin ends, but as of now bitcoin is still popular as a new form of currency in a millennium generation. Also, we are in the new age where almost all the things we have are digital so bitcoin will last long. Another thing, if you analyze the price value thread, the market is starting to pump again. There are also some speculations that the price value of bitcoin will start to pump again until the end of this year 2018,and if this speculation will materialize then the price value will increase in 2 weeks, in 2 months, in near 2 years and even last until there will be more improvements and changes that will happen to bitcoin.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:59:57 PM

I will not worry about the future of bitcoin, I am tired of believing that the future of bitcoin will be better than last year, because bitcoin is also a good investment that we do and also very popular.
pernah ada

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

I as a beginner do not know how the future of bitcoin is because I know just enjoy the bitcoin at the moment and work steadily with bitcoin.
jonas5222000

Activity: 476

Student Coin

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

In my own opinion ,bitcoin will be more popular in this world and im sure it will change the payment system by using the blockchain of bitcoin,and many people will use it for they alternative banks thats only i know for the future of bitcoin.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:20:47 PM

I think the future of bitcoin has a bright view because bitcoin has very limited total supply and has a very high demand that makes the price of bitcoin from year to year can potentially become expensive and always experience price increases.
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:21:47 PM

BTC price in the future will be more and more high, although it seems to have a very high price, but if five years later to compare prices now, then you will find that now the price is already very low,

Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:22:25 PM

Maybe the future of bitcoin will look better because surely there are many countries that allow bitcoin in the country. And it's possible that bitcoin becomes a public payment place that many in use by people because the payment system is simple.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:27:03 PM

In my own opinion ,bitcoin will be more popular in this world and im sure it will change the payment system by using the blockchain of bitcoin,and many people will use it for they alternative banks thats only i know for the future of bitcoin.
I also think that bitcoin has a very bright future. There are so many factors which are making bitcoin as more valuable, and therefore most of the people are now taking interest in bitcoin. I think that the interest of the people in bitcoin will continue for a long time. Because bitcoin is the need of the day and in future its demand will increase more and more.
brylle34

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:52:14 PM

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

i think bitcoin has a bright future but there are also altcoins that we should look at for our backups specially ethereum.  you can look at this article.
The cryptocurrency markets have finally broken out of a multi-month bear slump in brute force. BTC is up more than 50% from recent lows with altcoins trading significantly higher. With positive momentum in the cryptocurrency markets, teams from across the world are announcing major cryptocurrency projects, deadlines are being hit, and milestones are being reached. read for more details http://bitcoinist.com/3-altcoins-outperform-bitcoin-may-5-2018/
Ajeng07

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:25:40 PM

Cryptocurrency is predicted to move about 25% of the national currency by 2030, and that value will continue to be cyclical. Crypto will cause the trade to change drastically.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:38:18 PM

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Bitcoin may be down for some time, but for cross-border payments not through third parties, only the crypto can do it and the lowest cost is the fastest, sometimes the crime is good in this case. and help all the world change.
we need to wait for the development of bitcoin in the future, whether it will be better and change, will likely change. we just wait.
laryillary

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:48:06 PM

If the Great Depression and the recession in 2008 taught us something, it's just because people will sell bitcoins without hesitation if they lose faith in them. Having no clear idea of where Bitcoin is heading, investors can not count on anything and believe in anything. Many people were rewarded for being invested early in the "cue ball", but the future is too vague
putra daerah

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:16:29 PM

in my place bitcoin is highly developed and vibrant, with full development, so the coin hunters are getting enthusiastic in all programs.
so the bitcoin itself here is very good and evolved into the future.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:59:06 PM

Where will bitcoin be in

2 weeks?
2 months?
2 years?

Bitcoin may be down for some time, but for cross-border payments not through third parties, only the crypto can do it and the lowest cost is the fastest, sometimes the crime is good in this case. and help all the world change.
we need to wait for the development of bitcoin in the future, whether it will be better and change, will likely change. we just wait.
A great future is lying ahead.Bitcoin will soon touch new heights which it did in 2017.People are just waiting for the price rise of bitcoin only.Investors are investing in bitcoin more because they can see the rise in price in the future.It is already the topmost cryptocurrency and will remain on the top.People are holding their bitcoins for future only.The cryptocurrency market is also rising now as they regulate according to bitcoin only.It is a good opportunity to make a lot of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: