Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:21:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥 [ANN] 🔥 [ICO] 🚀 Miner One - Cutting-Edge Bitcoin Mining. 🔵 🔵 Crowdfunded.  (Read 29641 times)
Igor Beijing

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:58:11 PM

What about refunding these people, deleting all MIOs of their accounts, and then they can decide to invest again for the conditions of today?

I don’t think this is possible as I believe a large amounts of money has been already spent.
andreyka10

Activity: 617
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:49:11 PM

Competition in these platforms already exists decent. I doubt that the project will function faster than its competitor
superwallet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:28:00 AM

I somehow missed the pre-ICO. Did the conduct it?
They can’t do without it)) On this round the company sold 330 thousand MIO.
poprocks77

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:07:53 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 01:55:33 AM by poprocks77

Thank you, Pokachou. Please also remember that healthy discounts were offered to early investors, so the MIO Tokens obtained at the start of the crowdsale were significantly discounted. Complaining about exchange rate fluctuations that no one can control is not very productive. We tied the price of MIO to ETH because we are using smart contracts to manage MIO Tokens. As for the funds raised, not all of them are in ETH.

That is a lie, MIO tokens at the start where at around 0.53EUR and today they are at 0.27EUR. That is not a discount.

No one is complaining about exchange rates, and no mater how many times you will try to change the subject
it will not change the fact that early investors got SCAMMED

For a long time you were only able to buy stuff on bitmain with cryptos (BCH mainly).

Yes, but they adjust the price based on exchange rate, so it makes no difference if you pay in crypto or FIAT.

That is not an argument that makes any sense, Pinionless. All we can do is repeat that we cannot control cryptocurrency exchange rates, and we have detailed and emphasised the risks, including this one, time and time again. MIO was never tied to the price of EUR, so your comparison is not relevant and certainly not evidence of any malfeasance on our part. If you are looking for an investment that offers a high degree of certainty and predictability, you should not be investing in anything cryptocurrency-related.

As a professional trader and portfolio manager in the Capital markets (forex, equities, crypto) and one who understands hedging currency risk, I must say that both Pinionless and MinerOne.IO make valid points about the risks of taking on investments from the world and holding it all in ETH.  This is exactly why Envion is in trouble.   They raised an incredible amount of ETH at peak ETH prices.  $1400 ETH happened during their ICO...but they didn't sell all that ETH they raised.   Thus, EVN lost 70% of their purchase power now that ETH is at $380.  Their token value has been very hurt.

I understand why MinerOne.IO is pegging investments to ETH which is because they are *NOT* hedging themselves against ETH at all.  MinerOne hasn't bought any miner equipment yet which means they're holding all raised ICO funds mostly in ETH.  Which means when ETH tanks...their purchase power has tanked.   Which means that early investor loses a lot.

Either MinerOne should be selling all their ETH constantly as they receive it..and put it in a bank account in $USD which will protect the purchase power OR they should be putting on a SHORT ETH futures position which again removes the ETH exposure for all the collected ICO funds.

This wouldn't be an issue if mining equipment was being purchased immediately when an investor buys the token...but that is absolutely not what is happening.  Thus, investors will absolutely have ETH market risk when they buy the MIO token...as MinerOne is not hedging ETH risk...and hasn't bought ANY ASICs yet.   When they purchase the ASICs then the ETH to USD to ASIC purchase transaction will be happening.

Which is to say that if ETH crashes further to say $100 from current $380, then obviously everyone who invested so far will lose another 74% of where the MIO token is now..because MinerOne will have lost 74% of their purchase power of already collected funds.  Hopefully ETH doesn't go down any more in this challenging market.

My group offers a SmartETH service to hedge funds, ICOs, and family offices which helps institutions dynamically hedge their crypto exposure.  This is to help retain their purchase power while holding crypto building up to their launch in the case of ICOs.

Being able to have flatter or net zero exposure to crypto when it's crashing is important and having a professional portfolio manager running their "book" is important in keeping all their funds.

If MinerOne wants to discuss more how they can manage crypto market risk please let me know who best to reach out to.  Feel free to message me directly on this platform.

Cheers,

Poprocks

ps.   I'm also very interested in investing in this project as well.  My group manages family office, hedge fund & ICO capital..and I'd welcome further discussion with MinerOne on doing larger deals and possible partnership as we offer services that could improve your ongoing market risk exposure.
minerone.io

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:07:33 AM

Now mining centers are often plundered or simply destroyed. You will take care of your mining centers protection?

We plan to have extensive security measures as well as insurance to protect against equipment-related losses.
minerone.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:11:02 AM

Who will have access to viewing video from surveillance cameras on the Internet? On what site can this be done?

You can have an access to internet surveillance cameras, but to avoid risks to the security of the building, the link can be provided in personal communication.
minerone.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:13:45 AM

What will be the cooling system at your objects?

In general in Lulea air is cool (average annual temperature is 2C), which keeps cooling costs minimal.
minerone.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:17:31 AM

I do not quite understand why the MIO token will be the basis of the company's business model? Aren't these mining centers?
In fact, tokens will be the basis. After all, their sale raises funds for the construction of the first mining center. And MIO tokens will then be used to understand how many dividends to pay and to whom.
Huh, you explain interestingly. It's hard to disagree with you. Haven’t they started the construction of the first mining center, yet?
No, they will start it only after the end of the ICO, when they see the results. In other words, how much money is collected. They promise to build the first mining center within 3-5 months after the end of the Crowdsale.

How many dividends they will pay on a monthly basis? Or the payment will occur on a quarterly basis?
The payouts will be done monthly, as of how much - right now, no one can predict that. Crypto is a very new and volatile field, so we cannot make any promises or predictions – only estimates based on various scenarios.
minerone.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:18:49 AM

I do not quite understand why the MIO token will be the basis of the company's business model? Aren't these mining centers?
In fact, tokens will be the basis. After all, their sale raises funds for the construction of the first mining center. And MIO tokens will then be used to understand how many dividends to pay and to whom.
Huh, you explain interestingly. It's hard to disagree with you. Haven’t they started the construction of the first mining center, yet?
No, they will start it only after the end of the ICO, when they see the results. In other words, how much money is collected. They promise to build the first mining center within 3-5 months after the end of the Crowdsale.

How many dividends they will pay on a monthly basis? Or the payment will occur on a quarterly basis?

It's good that this project pays dividends to the holders of the tokens, but, as far as I know, many exchanges do not add such tokens. How does the team plan to get around this?

MIO Token will be avaliable on peer2peer exchanges after the ICO will be finished, the detailed information will be announced close to the end of ICO
minerone.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:20:39 AM

What cryptocurrency will you focus on?

BTC will be the focus for starters. If we see a need, we can diversify later using the 23% of net output designated for equipment upgrades to buy the hardware needed for other cryptocurrencies.
minerone.io

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 02:22:47 AM

I somehow missed the pre-ICO. Did the conduct it?

Miner One began in the fall of 2017. A pre-ICO has already taken place and the Crowdsale has started on February 15 and is live now. Mining will begin within 3–5 months of achieving our soft cap.
RLodbrok

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:43:18 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 07:57:15 AM by RLodbrok

@ minerone.io

I understand it's an aggravating topic for miner one, but i still wait for a statement. Ignoring my posts isn't a reputable handling of this issue.

Let's hope the founders acknowledge this and start some kind of goodwill action. Refunding early FIAT investors isn't necessary, but it would be very easy to increase their MIO balance with a decent amount of MIO, so the disadvantage of the early investment decreases or becomes close to zero.

Please forward this issue to the founders, because i still believe in their seriosity and customer focus.

It's a pity that my posts need to be picked up/exploited by apparently sympathisers/members of competitive projects.
sdfslei

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:34:30 AM

Can we use Bitcoin Cash to pay for tokens on the ICO MinerOne?
Gamelander

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:41:36 AM

Can we use Bitcoin Cash to pay for tokens on the ICO MinerOne?

No, the company accepts only Btc, Eth and Ltc of cryptocurrencies.
RLodbrok

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:12:54 AM

@ pokachou

Sending them back to miner one should be possible, right?

But in any case, that's why a good solution would be, to just grant every affected member an additonal appropiate amount of MIO tokens for compensation purposes.

@ minerone.io

Looking forward to your cooperative response.

RLodbrok

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:44:50 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 12:57:06 PM by RLodbrok

As they will probably never sell all available tokens, and have to burn alot of them in the end for sure, it shouldn't be a problem at all to increase the amount of MIO tokens of early investors.

The total possible monthly payouts will be spreaded to all MIO-token holders according to the amount of MIO they have. So if there would be a compensation for early (esp. FIAT) investors, that would just mean, that the late investors get "less" for their investment, than they actually would get right now.

I think that would be a fair solution for a community like this.

I would get about 2000 MIOs more (that's about 40%) if i would have done my investment today with 15% discount, instead of investments with 35% and 30% discount.

That's what i'm irritated about, and i think it's not fair at all and should be considered by miner one.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:58:03 PM

this project was great is there any airdrop? I think this will awesome project and it will hit the ICO selling.
advertkane121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:44:42 PM

Why can't the company say now how much equipment will it buy for the first mining center?
ggcript

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:47:44 PM

Why can't the company say now how much equipment will it buy for the first mining center?
First of all, it will depend on the amount of money collected on the ICO. Secondly, it is difficult to predict it now, because the cost of mining equipment is constantly rising due to high demand. But even here the company has an advantage in comparison with ordinary consumers.
advertkane121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:50:15 PM

First of all, it will depend on the amount of money collected on the ICO. Secondly, it is difficult to predict it now, because the cost of mining equipment is constantly rising due to high demand. But even here the company has an advantage in comparison with ordinary consumers.
Is it a significant advantage?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: