Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:19:25 PM

Sorry noob, but you're wrong.

yeah! i´m a noob!

and you are a Hero Member!
i know why i am in your eyes a noob: 1. you think that i never heard anything about BFL. (i waited my BFL singles more than 10 months) 2. i did not write enough shit in this forum to be a hero member. 3. best advice is your advice, for sure.

maybe my comments are dumb for you, but i at least are not just saying something without content like "dumb comments are not welcome here".

that is just the dumbest comment here what i have been seeing here. Take some time and just say why you find my comment "dumb", istead of saying that it is "dumb"!

show to this noob here, that you are not a noob or you are just better and know more than this noob...

Enjoy your life!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:39:48 PM

yeah! i´m a noob!

i know why i am in your eyes a noob: 1. you think that i never heard anything about BFL. (i waited my BFL singles more than 10 months)....

ice and his baby jets are late more than any other asic producer in whole asic history.

wtf?

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:25:24 PM

I'm definitely not angry at cointerra as they're not even late yet...

Cointerra is late for their December and early January batch deliveries and that is not even up for debate. What is up for debate is what the value will be to you when you receive what you ordered.

I personally still think that Cointerra has the best value if they ship what was advertised before April, 2014. But if they cannot ship what was advertised, they would lose credibility, and worst, they will take a hit on their profit margin. So you see, they cannot afford to ship less than what was advertised. They are going to resolve what ever outstanding issues they have, or die trying. So that only increases my confidence that I will get what was advertised, though it will arrive much later than what was advertised.

notice that he said his HF orders are late since Oct yet Conterra isn't per the ToS...   well, that ToS says that HF is only late a few weeks not months as well

hashfast charged me more for an october batch than cointerra did for a january batch (several times more).  neither of them have shipped yet.  i suspect both of them could potentially ship quite soon (week or two?).  whether either of them ship by end of jan is unknown but i hope they both will.  at least in cointerra's case.. they're talking to us.  they give regular weekly updates which makes me feel a little more informed.

I'm more worried about whether i should give up on hashfast and cancel my order (and take my dollar refund option) than i am my cointerra order, which still, even today, even allowing for an amount of lateness... is STILL a better deal for me than the hashfast deal i have.  there's a huuuge difference in the amount i paid cointerra per gh than what i paid hashfast...  and being commercially minded, i have to take that into account in my calculations of whats the best outcome.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:17:48 AM

yeah! i´m a noob!

i know why i am in your eyes a noob: 1. you think that i never heard anything about BFL. (i waited my BFL singles more than 10 months)

Oh so, you know all about BFL yet...

ice and his baby jets are late more than any other asic producer in whole asic history.

Roll Eyes

2. i did not write enough shit in this forum to be a hero member.

When you're an active member of a community for over 2 years, you tend to rack up a few posts.

3. best advice is your advice, for sure.

maybe my comments are dumb for you, but i at least are not just saying something without content like "dumb comments are not welcome here".

that is just the dumbest comment here what i have been seeing here. Take some time and just say why you find my comment "dumb", istead of saying that it is "dumb"!
Cheesy  While I give you slack for not being a native English speaker, you may try to use some logical progression in your statements instead of near incoherent contradictory ramblings.  

show to this noob here, that you are not a noob or you are just better and know more than this noob...

I don't claim to be better, though I probably know more than you do when it comes to this industry.  FWIW, I have yet to fall prey to any of these poorly run ASIC companies, and that's after being a relatively large scale miner since I joined.  Due diligence, it could save you too!
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:28:45 AM

those guys are really dragging their feet, it doesnt take 2+ weeks with still no end in sight.  KNC did it in a few days, and any team with cointerra's experience on paper (if it is true) can easily do it in the same time. It's just trial and error unless they screwed up the design which i doubt.

/thumb down

Chip bring up and characterization, PCB and firmware tuning typically takes months. With a bitcoin miner Im sure that can be done faster, but what KnC did was exceptional and literally, an exception, not the rule. (The result was also a lot of DOA's and at least one customer seeing 100% failure/issue rate on a batch of 10 miners. Thats not what you want as a company). Also keep in mind how long it took Avalon, BFL, Bitfury how long it is taking HF and Bitmine.

If I were a customer, I would be disappointed that they are not only a few weeks behind schedule, but also still below target atm, but considering they received their first chips only 2 weeks ago, I wouldnt have expected miracles.

He didn't say a 100% failure rate he said a 100% "issue" rate - I had an "issue" with my KnC, the fans came off during shipping and I had to open the case and stick them back on.  Roll Eyes That happened to pretty much everyone in the first few days.

Also, KnC's chips put out about 1/4th the performance numbers as HF/Cointerra's designs.  They likely used a very conservative design, rather then a lot of crazy analog optimizations, which likely made their chips far more reliable and easy to use, but also perform more slowly.

But again - when it comes to bitcoin mining shipping early more then makes up for performance differences. A batch1 or batch2 Avalon was far more profitable then a KnC which in turn will be far more profitable then a Hashfast, if it ever ships.

plato14

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:23:49 AM

if you are really sure that ice is right then just try to keep your mouth shut. ice and his baby jets are late more than any other asic producer in whole asic history.

dumb comments are not welcome here.

Ever considered taking your own advice?
+1
plato14

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:26:30 AM

yeah! i´m a noob!

i know why i am in your eyes a noob: 1. you think that i never heard anything about BFL. (i waited my BFL singles more than 10 months) 2. i did not write enough shit in this forum to be a hero member. 3. best advice is your advice, for sure.

I have no idea what i am reading, no one cares if you're a noob, or if this other guy is a hero member, but if you have something to say please try to make if halfway coherent. 
plato14

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:35:21 AM

UPDATE: Prototype Testing Completed, Certification and Production this week
http://cointerra.com/update-prototype-testing-completed-certification-production-week/
plato14

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:38:19 AM

No mention of what the machines are hashing at though.  Makes me a bit curious.
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:40:49 AM

UPDATE: Prototype Testing Completed, Certification and Production this week
http://cointerra.com/update-prototype-testing-completed-certification-production-week/

No mention of what the machines are hashing at though.  Makes me a bit curious.

indeed - this is the big question - is it hashing reliably at 2Th?  I suppose we'll find out in a week.

Will

CanadianGuy

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:42:51 AM

Well it looks like they won't be shipping the December and January batches together like we had hoped.  Expect another 3 weeks for January units to be at the same point these ones are.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 04:30:40 AM

antminer is at 1.9 btc for 190GH(after easy OC), that's exactly 0.01 BTC/GH.   cointerra is 2000GH for $6000 or 6.6BTC, that's ~ 0.0033BTC.  So the very first shipments from cointerra will have a 3X discount to the current market price.

However given the fact china has started massive dumping of the antminer and 200GH avalon miners (with price quoted at 1.5 btc for 2/1 shipment), the gap is getting very narrow, i have a feeling the late orders will not be happy with the ROI unless cointerra provide additional hash to those customers.  

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:47:26 AM

antminer is at 1.9 btc for 190GH(after easy OC), that's exactly 0.01 BTC/GH.   cointerra is 2000GH for $6000 or 6.6BTC, that's ~ 0.0033BTC.  So the very first shipments from cointerra will have a 3X discount to the current market price.

Who paid 6.6 BTC for the first batch???

Buy & Hold
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:59:04 AM

Lol, comparison fail!
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 08:16:58 AM

okie fail on my part, was the first batch not $6000 or btc/usd wasn't around $1000? i don't remember been a long time :/

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:13:06 AM

okie fail on my part, was the first batch not $6000 or btc/usd wasn't around $1000? i don't remember been a long time :/
Both, first batch was 14,000 each and btc was around $120ish
Luckily I didn't spent any btc on the first batch.  Still I'm an idiot for many other reasons involving having mined two hundred btc years ago and selling to pay for my GPUs when I was broke.  Damn me.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:01:14 AM

Luckily I didn't spent any btc on the first batch.  Still I'm an idiot for many other reasons involving having mined two hundred btc years ago and selling to pay for my GPUs when I was broke.  Damn me.

Not exactly. I think everyone who bought the first batch seems to have been offered two systems instead as a comp for not getting their systems in dec.  One in first batch and one in a later batch. Some who switched from dec to jan earlier may even have two jan systems for the same price as their initial payment.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:53:03 AM

Not exactly. I think everyone who bought the first batch seems to have been offered two systems instead as a comp for not getting their systems in dec.  One in first batch and one in a later batch. Some who switched from dec to jan earlier may even have two jan systems for the same price as their initial payment.

Do you have a link for this?

There's no link. Ct contacted their dec customers and offered them a deal similar to what I described. Perhaps a dec customer can comment on this?
ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:42:09 AM

There's no link. Ct contacted their dec customers and offered them a deal similar to what I described. Perhaps a dec customer can comment on this?
Cryptx has a 60th december order at cointera, and he said he hasn't received any offer like this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310783.msg4299711#msg4299711
Cryptx,
Cointerra has been offering compensation to December orders for the delay.  I'm assuming that includes us as well.  Do you have good news for us?

We haven't received any news regarding such offer.
aerobatic

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:40:05 PM

Cryptx has a 60th december order at cointera, and he said he hasn't received any offer like this.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310783.msg4299711#msg4299711
Cryptx,
Cointerra has been offering compensation to December orders for the delay.  I'm assuming that includes us as well.  Do you have good news for us?

We haven't received any news regarding such offer.

60th december is like, er, 29th january?

i suspect the twofer deal was aimed at retail customers who paid $14k per system to put them on a similar deal to the other customers...  i doubt cryptx was in that group...  but if they were, im sure theyre smart enough to talk to ct ;-)

of course, now that they sell their own bitfury system... maybe they arent as close as they once were...

(btw.. ive got two of the cryptx bitburners...   they work well.. hashing at around 75 gh with the window closed, and 90-100 gh with the window open.  but its too cold in uk now to leave the window open)

Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: