Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:09:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230757 times)
jamesbranson

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:06:39 AM

No more pre-order please...

dito.. would be nice to purchase a in stock item for next day delivery.

If a company offers a miner at a reasonable price, people are going to order it ahead of time, and by the time the company has it all their stock will already be accounted for.

or not .. as we seen bfl .. avalon .... stop falling for these pre-orders ! no more pre-orders ! want to sell something ? have in stock !

No More Pre Orders. Please

Agreed.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:08:08 AM

cointerra will you accept paypal for your orders?

Maybe they can look into master/visa, and discover/American express

Even with direct credit cards, I think paypal is a must as they offer more protections to consumers, and if they don't accept it, it will just be a red flag.

No they bloody don't! Paypal are no where near as useful.

yeah maybe not in the UK since the UK passed a law for 180days. Here in the States it's 30 days, and PayPal has tremendous protection for consumers. Case in point a user getting a refund issued passed their 45 day period.

No, in the states different card issuers offer different levels of protection, someone mentioned a Discover having 180 days Stateside in this forum the other day. You also need to check whether they negate such an offer if using a third party payment processor like Paypal, or Amazon. Some do. Paypal is only decent for the initial 45 days. In the UK it's 6 years under Section 75.

My card issuer is 30 days and as mentioned before paypal has many times refunded past 45 days.

Try a different card, 30 days is pretty poor. Paypal of course want repeat business, though if many request a refund for large amounts in volume, don't count on it, they have no obligation to.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:09:37 AM

Even with direct credit cards, I think paypal is a must as they offer more protections to consumers, and if they don't accept it, it will just be a red flag.

yeah maybe not in the UK since the UK passed a law for 180days. Here in the States it's 30 days, and PayPal has tremendous protection for consumers. Case in point a user getting a refund issued passed their 45 day period.

No, in the states different card issuers offer different levels of protection, someone mentioned a Discover having 180 days Stateside in this forum the other day. You also need to check whether they negate such an offer if using a third party payment processor like Paypal, or Amazon. Some do. Paypal is only decent for the initial 45 days. In the UK it's 6 years under Section 75.

My card issuer is 30 days and as mentioned before paypal has many times refunded past 45 days.

Try a different card, 30 days is pretty poor. Paypal of course want repeat business, though if many request a refund for large amounts in volume, don't count on it, they have no obligation to.

Unfortunately that's the only card with no interest Def am not planing on paying interest on a few grand lol.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:11:39 AM

Unfortunately that's the only card with no interest Def am not planing on paying interest on a few grand lol.

Not if that interest protects that few grand? Besides (and again this is UK) you have upto 56 days to cover payment before they can charge interest. Not sure what the rules are with the US there.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:14:02 AM

Not if that interest protects that few grand? Besides (and again this is UK) you have upto 56 days to cover payment before they can charge interest. Not sure what the rules are with the US there.

30 days here, I would have to ask discover for a massive credit increase haha.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 09:23:54 AM

No More Pre Orders. Please

stop spamming threads.

Click ignore.  If you reply, then everyone who's already done that still sees their comment.

CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:02:50 AM

Besides (and again this is UK) you have upto 56 days to cover payment before they can charge interest.
Actually that differs between banks. The CC I got yesterday with Metro Bank has e 60 days interest free period.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:40:42 AM

i believe the law is 30 days from seeing it on your bill so you might be able to get to 60.  Also I believe that time frame is to file a dispute for a not being satisfied as in not as described.  If it was never delivered it may be much longer.

geofflosophy

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:50:36 AM

Besides (and again this is UK) you have upto 56 days to cover payment before they can charge interest.
Actually that differs between banks. The CC I got yesterday with Metro Bank has e 60 days interest free period.

I got a CC in July that has 15 months interest free...
ur0pl

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:53:02 AM

Anyone with insider information can give me price list information, such as gh/s/$. Thank you for being my friend by telling me.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:39:06 AM

of course there are special promotions with 15 months 12 months interest free, but if you do not have these promotions, you will be charged interest if you do not pay by your due date which is 30 days.

JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:41:31 AM

Cointerra you guys should release some rough specs on what kind of gh miners you are expecting, there is no point in waiting anymore, with all the influx of manufacturers. x-crowd is going to take orders starting Monday again.

Again there is absolutely no reason for you to keep quite about your hardware, unless you haven't even priced anything yet which means you are very far behind. Or at least give some $/gh numbers.
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:10:32 AM

Nothing to Proof and Nothing to show? so Stay Away.
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:37:53 AM

I got a CC in July that has 15 months interest free...

But probably it has a fee on foreign transactions  Roll Eyes
eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:39:19 PM

Cointerra you guys should release some rough specs on what kind of gh miners you are expecting, there is no point in waiting anymore, with all the influx of manufacturers. x-crowd is going to take orders starting Monday again.

Again there is absolutely no reason for you to keep quite about your hardware, unless you haven't even priced anything yet which means you are very far behind. Or at least give some $/gh numbers.

Yes Nothing To Show and No Proof
adi

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:20:13 PM

I think it is going to be too late for a 500GHs device in late Q4
geofflosophy

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:46:33 PM

Well they have said that the chips are 500 GH, not the devices. Maybe they'll throw 16 of them in a box and charge 7k for it? Don't really see how they will generate much in the way of orders otherwise.
JohnyBigs

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:07:57 PM

Well they have said that the chips are 500 GH, not the devices. Maybe they'll throw 16 of them in a box and charge 7k for it? Don't really see how they will generate much in the way of orders otherwise.

People don't realize that multiple chips make up miners. They need to be at the magical number of 1th per $1000ish or less to be worthwhile against any competition and longevity as they seem to be hinting at.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:36:18 AM

People don't realize that multiple chips make up miners. They need to be at the magical number of 1th per $1000ish or less to be worthwhile against any competition and longevity as they seem to be hinting at.

that would be great but is it possible?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 03:11:38 AM

that would be great but is it possible?

Probably not.  Silicon wafer's aren't that cheap.  Even in high volume we are talking $5K a piece.   So there will always be a chip production cost.  Unless you get a design which is significantly more efficient (GH/s per mm) at the same process (28nm) you are probably looking at more than that just for chip production cost.  Of course that ignores the BOM, assembly, testing, defects, profit margin, and amortizing the NRE.  I don't know how low chip companies can go but I think $1 per GH/s is like hoping gold will go below $300 an ounce (current minimal production cost).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: