Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENT] Pennies launched  (Read 135089 times)
Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:48:34 PM

What is supposed to happen the 8th? Is it related to Cryptsy? Can anyone point me to an official statement?
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:50:25 PM

What is supposed to happen the 8th? Is it related to Cryptsy? Can anyone point me to an official statement?

Stake reduces by a factor of 10,000.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:06:53 PM

Stake reduces by a factor of 10,000.

How will this be enforced? what if most of the users do not use the latest wallet? is this fix 100% sure to work ?. Also will the latest wallet recoupe all loses people have made by sending too large of a transaction. What happened to the 999 999 999 coins i sent to cryptsy 2 months ago?  They must be on the chain somewhere? or are they destroyed for good now?

Petr1fied

Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:34:11 PM

How will this be enforced? what if most of the users do not use the latest wallet? is this fix 100% sure to work ?

Since January 1st v0.10.0.0 no longer accepts connections or blocks from older versions and seeing as Cryptsy is using it and they are the only place you can actually deposit coins in order to sell them people have very little choice but to use the new version.

Also will the latest wallet recoupe all loses people have made by sending too large of a transaction.

You don't lose any coins in this eventuality although it may cause wallet errors. Try importing the private key for the address into a brand new wallet as is outlined here

What happened to the 999 999 999 coins i sent to cryptsy 2 months ago?  They must be on the chain somewhere? or are they destroyed for good now?

If it actually made it onto the blockchain, that's probably a question you should be asking cryptsy.
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:14:33 PM

Sorry for the noob question, but I've read through alot of posts and still not exactly sure how this stake thing works.

I have ~10billion CENT on Cryptsy.  How exactly do I "stake" my coins to earn more?  I realize at this point I probably need to wait until after Jan 8.
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:23:27 PM

Mortimer452, "your" staked coins are cryptsy coins. LOL, heh?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:25:32 PM

How will this be enforced? what if most of the users do not use the latest wallet? is this fix 100% sure to work ?

Since January 1st v0.10.0.0 no longer accepts connections or blocks from older versions and seeing as Cryptsy is using it and they are the only place you can actually deposit coins in order to sell them people have very little choice but to use the new version.

Also will the latest wallet recoupe all loses people have made by sending too large of a transaction.

You don't lose any coins in this eventuality although it may cause wallet errors. Try importing the private key for the address into a brand new wallet as is outlined here

What happened to the 999 999 999 coins i sent to cryptsy 2 months ago?  They must be on the chain somewhere? or are they destroyed for good now?

If it actually made it onto the blockchain, that's probably a question you should be asking cryptsy.

Thanks for this information.
HMmm i will be asking cryptsy about this.

daemonfox

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:26:35 PM

CORRECT! The stake earned on your Cryptsy balance belongs to Vern... too late now.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Mortimer452

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:38:05 PM

CORRECT! The stake earned on your Cryptsy balance belongs to Vern... too late now.

OK, so there's no way to earn stake on these coins now?  Purchased coins cannot be transferred to the wallet on my PC and staked?
daemonfox

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:48:36 PM

OK, so there's no way to earn stake on these coins now?  Purchased coins cannot be transferred to the wallet on my PC and staked?

You can transfer them to your own wallet now, but you are too late to get any kind of obscene stake... if you did it today then sometime after the 12th you would be eligible for those blocks to stake at the new, reduced rate. Just in case though... you should stick to transferring out blocks of 100 million or less at a time.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Mortimer452

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:52:51 PM

You can transfer them to your own wallet now, but you are too late to get any kind of obscene stake... if you did it today then sometime after the 12th you would be eligible for those blocks to stake at the new, reduced rate. Just in case though... you should stick to transferring out blocks of 100 million or less at a time.

Right, I understand the stake is massively reduced under the new rules.  I just wasn't sure how it worked.

So all I need to do is transfer 100mil at a time to my wallet and just let it sit there?  1 CENT per 10,000 in my wallet just magically appears after 9 days?
Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:02:04 PM

So all I need to do is transfer 100mil at a time to my wallet and just let it sit there?  1 CENT per 10,000 in my wallet just magically appears after 9 days?

Who knows... i didn' recieved anything (16-20 coins for 11 days for staking at wallets with 1x99.9M, 5x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M)...
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:06:25 PM

Who knows... i didn' recieved anything (16-20 coins for 11 days for staking at wallets with 1x99.9M, 5x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M, 1x99.9M)...

yeah made the same mistake, we should have done 30M or less, 99M stakes often don't go through. Never mind we only lost out on billions of cents Sad

then again some wallet have not staked on just 30M, and some seem to have staked whilst they were offline becuase the moment i switch them on the stake starts making coins at once.

It was a buggy as hell coin, although rather fun Smiley

daemonfox

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

Right, I understand the stake is massively reduced under the new rules.  I just wasn't sure how it worked.

I really wish more people would take the time to read the PoS whitepaper...

There is no magic... stake is a reward for participating in the network...

The point of stake is for users to hold coins and have the client open a lot more often than a normal PoW coin would. The object is to stave off 51% attackers because so many people have valid nodes working by keeping their wallets online.

To encourage this, PoS will take a block of coins in the wallet that has met a certain time criteria, and will ATTEMPT to use the CPU to MINT a PROOF OF STAKE BLOCK... this is a valid block in the chain... just like a normal PoW block. PoS blocks can contain and confirm transactions just like a normally mined PoW block, and thus must also meet the same criteria as a PoW block, as in it must be accepted by the blockchain and all the other peers... it is possible to have a PoS block orphaned because another block was generated at the same time by another user.

The whole idea was created for PPC so that one day... no hardware would ever need to be used to mine blocks when the final PoW block is minted... a more energy efficient chain can be maintained and transactions verified just by users keeping their wallets alive and PoS blocks minting. That is why there is even a separate difficulty associated with PoS minting compared to PoW minting.

So yes, all you need to do is transfer your coins to your wallet and wait... keep it open or open it back up on day 7-8 and let it stay on line. Later, you will see blocks show up and will credit you stake coins.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:31:53 PM

The point of stake is for users to hold coins and have the client open a lot more often than a normal PoW coin would. The object is to stave off 51% attackers because so many people have valid nodes working by keeping their wallets online.

To encourage this, PoS will take a block of coins in the wallet that has met a certain time criteria, and will ATTEMPT to use the CPU to MINT a PROOF OF STAKE BLOCK... this is a valid block in the chain... just like a normal PoW block. PoS blocks can contain and confirm transactions just like a normally mined PoW block, and thus must also meet the same criteria as a PoW block, as in it must be accepted by the blockchain and all the other peers... it is possible to have a PoS block orphaned because another block was generated at the same time by another user.

The whole idea was created for PPC so that one day... no hardware would ever need to be used to mine blocks when the final PoW block is minted... a more energy efficient chain can be maintained and transactions verified just by users keeping their wallets alive and PoS blocks minting. That is why there is even a separate difficulty associated with PoS minting compared to PoW minting.

So yes, all you need to do is transfer your coins to your wallet and wait... keep it open or open it back up on day 7-8 and let it stay on line. Later, you will see blocks show up and will credit you stake coins.

This is far too difficult to understand, can you post info-graphics or pictures to explain the process?

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
Mortimer452

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:38:59 PM

Thanks for the explanation.  I (mostly) understand the concept of PoS just wasn't completely understanding the criteria to obtain a PoS reward.
daemonfox

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:45:13 PM

This is far too difficult to understand, can you post info-graphics or pictures to explain the process?

No. Read it from the source... go google Proof of Stake whitepaper. If you cannot digest it in words why do I need to go out of my way to make you a picture book?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:49:31 PM

No. Read it from the source... go google Proof of Stake whitepaper. If you cannot digest it in words why do I need to go out of my way to make you a picture book?

Well this was a great ride people. Should I keep staking my 3 trillion CENT or should I sell it off and allow the person(s) that are buying it up at a great pace to control 51% of the coins as well as the network hash rate?

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
VERUMinNUMERIS

Activity: 409
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:38:23 PM

Well this was a great ride people. Should I keep staking my 3 trillion CENT or should I sell it off and allow the person(s) that are buying it up at a great pace to control 51% of the coins as well as the network hash rate?

So what would happen if a group of people gained 51% of the CENTS out there?  Cause it's very odd someone is still buying up trillions as fast as they're being sold at .00000001 XPM even with XPM being double the price now.

I think something big is cooking.
PoolMinor
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:00:22 PM

So what would happen if a group of people gained 51% of the CENTS out there?  Cause it's very odd someone is still buying up trillions as fast as they're being sold at .00000001 XPM even with XPM being double the price now.

I think something big is cooking.

For your information about POS and POW and how they relate to another coin that uses POS for security.

http://peercoin.net/bin/peercoin-paper.pdf

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: