Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Choose a Good ICO  (Read 10113 times)
overttherainbow

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:32:03 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 03:04:31 AM by overttherainbow

TL;DR
By picking this one: https://hadron.cloud ; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2142232.0; https://t.me/joinchat/GahFuELlfJoWE1vsFQf3VQ. You're welcome.

---------------

I see a lot of people here telling others to check websites that rate ICOs, but let me put something to you guys: how do you think those websites decide what ICOs to rate appropriately?

Well, some of the websites will list an ICO in a particular place or in a particular way in the same manner a media outlet will publish a paid release. Yes, you can pay the owners/moderators of those websites to list your ICO in the most marketable way.

Besides that though, when a website decides to list an ICO as promising without being paid, they'll first take a look at a few things to see if it passes the sniff test. What do you guys think those things are? I'll list below what I think they are. They're not in order of what I think is most important as such, but the higher they're up the list the, the more importance I'd give to them (I've run the risk of sounding like I'm contradicting myself there, but just read it again in a different tone and it might be clearer). How all these factors come together, their functionality within their context, is what's really important:

1. The team. This one can sometimes be difficult, as if the team is new and young it might be a little harsh to assume that they can't complete the project. Similarly, if the team decided to remain anonymous (partially or wholly) this can be a huge red flag for people, but there are project that have done well with an anonymous developer/developers. However, if the team has accomplished in areas in the past that are similar/the same as the areas that are going to be engaged in the project, that's great. Token about real estate? Someone who knows real estate is great. Token about solar energy? An environmental engineer is wonderful. And so on. Apart from their past work experience, you should also look at the success of the past projects that certain staff members were involved in, what college they went to and what they studied and how the team engages with the community as a whole. Which brings me to my second point...

2. The community. Again, this is a little tricky because it's a latent signal. That is, you're only going to get a good idea of the project's community when the project has been going for a few months, but you should never underestimate the power of the community. Just try and appreciate how beneficial it is to any project that has hundred or thousands of intelligent, well-mannered and engaging people constantly spreading the word of a project they love across many different mediums and outlets across the internet. This is more true in cryptocurrencies than anywhere else, as we are all very community-driven people and we thrive, even sustain, ourselves off the information, ideas and support we provide one another. Anyone who was involved in the Power Ledger or the Quantstamp ICO process will understand exactly what I mean. There was positive communication throughout. Bad times (I mean, relatively) and good times and inbetween.

3. Communication. From the team to the community. From the community to the team. From the team and the community to the rest of the cryptospace and beyond. Communication is key. (Marketing is part of my definition of communication.) Communications in all cases should be transparent, honest, accessible and nurturing. Communication should never be censored, over-hyped, dense or patronizing. Projects that behave in the latter manners should be questioned, and they're most likely to damage No.2 (Community). Projects that behave in the former manners nearly always have a promising idea that the team are passionate to see out through thick and thin.

4. The idea. This is where the analysis of a project gets a little more interesting (for me anyway). Consider whether or not the idea has many applicable use cases and if it is pertinent to the current cryptoclimate. Both of these are important. I'll use Quantstamp as my example. Quantstamps idea is to provide cost-effective code auditing to smart contracts. Smart contracts are pertinent to the cryptospace and they have many use cases. Business can function almost automatically with them. The project is also marketed as scalable and secure. Scalability and security are two huge issues in cryptocurrency. So this is a solid idea. Projects like Quantstamp make it easy, but some ideas will need a bit more thinking over to really see if they have a place in the current cryptosphere. I'm sure you all understand what I mean though.

5. The product. Mmmmmm yes, the elusive product. Clearly, for those of you who have been in crypto long, the product actually hasn't been of the utmost important within the cryptosphere. Many ICOs have launched successfully and are still going strong without their product being released. Many projects are, to be frank, total vaporware. But don't be fooled into thinking this is okay or that this is going to go on. Over the course of this year I'm almost positive that the standard of ICOs is going to increase drastically and that having a working product come the launch of the token will almost be a necessity. So for those projects that do now have a working product come their first exchange listing, it's not implausible to assume that they're committed and in it for the long run.

6. ICO details. How are the tokens distributed? Tokens should be distributed in a fair and transparent manner. Too many tokens kept for the team can be a bit daunting and raises red flags for a lot of people. Tokens that are distributed solely through sale make the project look like a bit of a money grab. Mining and staking allow for more people to get involved. What is the hard cap for the sale? A very high hard cap (100-200 millino $ +) can worry me at times, but it has to applied in context of what the product will be or what the project intends to do. If the project requires vast amounts of sophisticated hardware then it's reasonable to see a somewhat high hard cap. If the ICO passes every other aspect of the test and it has a low hard cap... well aren't you a lucky boy/girl. (sidenote: apparently over 96% of people in crypto are male, so for those of you who really care for this space, encourage your female counterparts to get involved) (in case you're interested, I'm male) There are other details such as bounty campaigns, KYC/AML policies and the time between the crowdsale finishing and the token being available on exchanges. How you choose to interpret these is just that... how you choose to interpret these. The details are a little more subjective, but any opinions would be appreciated.

---------------

So does Hadron pass my own smell test? Let's see:

1. The team. "... artificial intelligence and crypto visionaries and run by successful serial entrepreneurs..." Paraphrasing their website just wouldn't do it justice, so here's the management team. Check their website to see their mouth-watering advisory board. The teams experience does match the demands of the project though. Without a doubt. This is a copy and paste taken directly from their website:

-Cliff Szu, CEO
Cliff is CEO of decentralized peer-to-peer lending pioneer LoanBack, Inc. LoanBack is one of the first companies in the world to automate peer-to-peer decentralized lending, with hundreds of thousands of registered users and nearly two billion dollars in loans.

Cliff is co-founder of Fanpop, a community-powered network of sites with over fifty million pieces of user-contributed content, millions of users and billions of pages served. Built to last and run autonomously, and going strong over a decade after founding, it features a meritocracy-based self-governance system, a comprehensive virtual currency and democratic elections.

Born and raised on the East Coast, Cliff studied computer science and economics at Stanford. Cliff then joined Good Technology, later acquired by Google, where he was promoted to be the youngest engineering team lead in the company, building secure mobile apps with encrypted enterprise-class wireless messaging.

To date, 100% of his backers have received a positive return on their money, and he is thankful for the opportunity to build great things with them.

-Michael Chu
Michael is a key player in the Fanpop founding team and LoanBack executive team where he has been instrumental in building out the technology and decentralized strategies that have been embraced by millions of users and customers.

A California native, Michael was the youngest ever Novell Certified Netware Engineer: at age 15, he was already designing networks for global giants like Samsung. He won Grand Prize at the prestigious Rockwell International computer science competition, as well as the First Prize in US Department of Energy’s National Science Bowl.

Michael then completed his degree in computer science at Berkeley where he was mentored by the legendary David Patterson. Afterwards, he joined Intel, where he was awarded six patents in Computer Vision as a Microcomputer Graphics engineer and co-authored a paper inventing the revolutionary technique Light Field Mapping. Michael was instrumental in the development and launch of the Intel Centrino platforms, playing an important role in the mobile computing revolution.

-CJ Jones
As a mathematics prodigy, CJ finished most of her college-level coursework in her early teens and attended Santa Clara University, graduating in two years with a degree in mathematics from the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.

Her interests lie in cryptography and mobile software development, and her advisor is an authority in cryptography and advisor to RSA. Raised in the heart of Silicon Valley, she brings her invaluable experience and perspectives in cryptography and software development to the Hadron team.

-Dr. Evan Szu
Evan received dual degrees in computer science and chemistry from Brown University where he collaborated with the renowned professor Jim Doll on computer simulation techniques for modeling atomic and molecular motion.

He then completed his Ph.D. from Stanford where he was awarded the highly prestigious Stanford Graduate Fellowship, an honor bestowed on less than 3% of all graduate students across the entire university. Evan has managed technology product development for over a decade at numerous companies in Silicon Valley.

2. The community. Incredible. People are jumping up in the Telegram group trying to be the first to answer questions. Everyone is curious, engaged and intelligent. There's no FUD, no hype. Just cool, clear thinking from everyone. Considering this hasn't even reached the pre-ICO stage and the team have done minimal marketing so far, the exponential growth of their bitcointalk thread over the past week has been incredible. New people are joining their Telegram by the minute. This is but a fraction of the power of a strong community, and as the project gains momentum we're likely to see thousands of people flocking like seagulls to the Telegram. If you don't believe me then just join the Telegram and say hello and ask a few questions.

3. Communication. Just insultingly good. Like, I mean, it's hard to get across just how active they are with communicating. Cliff, their CEO, actually rang me a few weeks ago just to chat for an hour about the project. I'm just a fucking moon kid. I'm not an accredited investor. But it doesn't matter to them. They are insatiable when it comes to engaging with the community, I've never seen anything like it. They're in no way patronizing or secretive. They never hype their project. They only release information that is absolutely true. Their marketing has up until now been quiet, but as I said, they don't release news they don't have. I'd tell you to keep an eye on them, but you won't have a choice but to know them come the end of this year. Just as a whole communication around the project is wonderful.

4. The idea. Their idea is to utilize the power of everyone's mobile phones, tablets, computers, laptops, consoles, android toasters (courtesy of another hadron member) and more. You run their miner (which is actually a neural network to power advanced AI) and your compensated for your computational contribution. You run the miner through a browser. So you can run multiple instances through multiple browsers. I think each instance needs one core. With the advent of 5G capabilities and with over 3 billion people holding mobile phones, the untapped potential is huge. The idea is definitely pertinent. The advanced AI can be used by different businesses and institutions for things like finding cures for diseases and many broads applications that my tiny head finds difficult to fully understand. Again, join the community and see what you think.

5. The product. The product is not elusive here with the hadron team. The alpha release is due on January 15th for their miner and there will be multiple alpha rounds which you can all apply for. There's absolutely no vaporware here and the team, as far as I understand, intend to have a working product around the time of the tokens release. I may be a little off on that, but you can ask the team and they'll be out-straight with you about it. Hadron's ICO, I'm sure, will be amongst the most successful and talked about ICOs of the year. They're going to raise the bar.

6. The whitepaper is due for release this weekend and all of these details I'm sure will be elucidated.

---------------

The list of past ICOs I've invested in are UTrust, Red Pulse, Solaris and Power Ledger. (You would have thought the way I went on that I invested in Quantstamp. Well I was very late to the party ie when it hit the exchanges.) Those ICOs have been great investments for me, but the potential of their projects, in my opinion, in relatively pale compared to that of Hadron's. This will most likely be the only ICO I invest in for the first half of the year. I want to learn as much about the project as I can and that's going to involve committing a lot of time to it, but I believe it's worth it. Let me know what you think anyways if you bothered to read it.

Don't blame you if you didn't.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:37:02 AM

Hi guys, there are so many ICOs, such as those listed in https://www.coinschedule.com. It's pretty hard to review them one by one.

Which elements I need to consider, the team? the product? the promoting technology? or something else?

Thanks for any suggestions Smiley

Just look at the road map and white paper. If there is a good advertisement, a reliable team will be fine.

hula hula

Activity: 60
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:05:57 AM

not easy to choose the ICO, the necessary experience to figure it out. however, you can see the quality of the team of developers.

you can also get information ICO by visiting this website https://icobench.com/icos

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
Thewokegroup

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:12:47 AM

Hi guys, there are so many ICOs, such as those listed in https://www.coinschedule.com. It's pretty hard to review them one by one.

Which elements I need to consider, the team? the product? the promoting technology? or something else?

Definitely use sites like icobench to help you uncover gems like this one; https://icobench.com/ico/ceek

If the team is solid from the start everything else should fall into place.  Having a community for asking questions and a kyc in place with a detailed roadmap is always useful when digging.
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:13:26 AM

it is all necessary consideration to analyze because one little analysis you get ICO that does not produce anything but I think a lot of reading in the forum and each other question and answer you can know and ask the ICO is good with what kind of team
MariamSargsan0101

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:32:03 AM

You should be very interested in the project. But there's another option - participate in bounty and get tokens without risking your money!
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:53:53 AM

Just like any investment choosing ICO needs lot of research and study. Knowing the management team will give us insight if this chosen ICO is credible.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
albertcrypto110

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:49:31 AM

Here is quick checklist that i go trough always before investing in coin:
1. Check the crypto currencies forum page on bitcointalk forums.
2. Flashy images and good page setup.
3. Long term use.
4.Market capitalization.
5.Mining should be low on list of forum page.
6.Transparent team.
Futureblnr

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:29:12 PM

You really need to research a lot and take a look on this website too: https://icodrops.com/
There are a lot information..If you want to attend a serious event I could reccomend you Blockshow. Apart from this now they have a possibility to buy their token which is equal a ticket to all their events

By the way, Blockshow is truly the greatest. As they planning to launch their own tokens which you could use as a ticket to their events I persist to pay attention on them
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

For me I try to check preico stage - if it is successful it means that ICO will be successful too. Also it is good if you know team of developers

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
AlexanderAnthony

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:04:12 PM

On choosing the good ICO there is this important elements you should consider.

1.) It must be built in ethereum
2.) Security audit
3.) ICO with coinpayments.

that is 3 things you must consider but luckily enough you can find all those 3 ecosystem in one project that is the Daneel project.

Daneel service is built in ethereum Daneel token is an ERC20 coin. Security Audit correct because it has regularly audited by security experts. ICO with coinpayment, yes Daneel will be held in partnership with Coinpayments, that will ensure reliability and traceability.

goodvibes05

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

i think you have to go on with their whitepaper, the road map and the team behind the project. Take time to read, if they showed and explain their platform and every details of their project and all the information you need to know is in the  white paper  I guess that is a good ICO.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Rate

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:35 PM

Detailed whitepaper, Publicity of Founder and the member/Developer, Engaging to the community, and has a unique product & it's a realistic. Of course you need to read a review about their project to the other professional ICO investors.

Buy Bitcoin
imadar

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:58 PM

Do not forget to check ico at www.icohotlist.com, www.listico.io or at www.icoranker.com

If one ico is on every website, it means it could be a very good ico #CMIIW Grin
Squesel

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:16:08 PM

This is something to look into

The new IMDB for festivals, concerts and artist
Its transparant and a lot of people are using it already in Beta

Viberate (VIB)

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/vibrant-community-viberates-key-ico-and-product-success/

Use Beta via:

https://www.viberate.com/referrals/7521e604_938b9e6d_65f0c6af
white.raiden

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:22:34 PM

My first advice is this: Any ICO that you may be interested in must have their presence and community on bitcointalk. Here on this platform, the community actually look out for one another despite the fact that people do have disagreement one and again. It is of serious concern that ICO follow the bitcointalk forum rules and you can have confidence in their plan.
sergio red

Activity: 414
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:31:41 PM

icos are high-risk, high-reward investments. It is important to know how much one is willing to invest and possibly lose before participating in one.
you have to remember, not all cryptocurrencies are destined to become as valued as the top coins. investing in right one can lead to massive returns.
the key to choose a good ico is understanding the market, the companies, and their solutions to figure out if they have the potential to succeed and provide a better amount of returns for their investors.
Woolles890

Activity: 448

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:37:20 PM

see the roadmap from the project and view a team run. If it is reasonably good and has a good system so it could be said that both ICO project to run.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
blacktajin
Copper Member

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:40:00 PM

in the year of 2017 there are lot of icos have come,Some of them make me huge profit and some of make me loss. I think which icos are related about a product project it can be good choose for you.and about environmental project also be a good. but before choose to invest in an ico you should research very well.
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:40:13 PM

The team, if they're experienced in this field. The concept of the project and sometimes I look at the number of investors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: