Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:51:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast)  (Read 378350 times)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:28:00 AM

The heated water generated from the ASICs will go directly (out) toward heating a newly-built, medium-sized (20+ floors) skyscraper. Exactly how much of that heat will be re-used is unknown at this stage
Exactly zero of the heat will get re-used, it simply isnt at high enough temperature to be of any use whatsoever.

GPUs would run at 90C, could probably feed a water heater if you could extract most of it.

In the future ASICs could be engineered to run hotter in order to provide heating.  Mining rigs can certainly be used as space heaters, that's for sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:29:46 AM

wow, that is the best you can come up with? i was expecting more. I guess you are just loud-mouthing without knowing what you are talking about then..

When you need to stoop down to attacking personally, it means you have already given up the fight cuz you know you are wrong. i am so disappointed. oh wait, may be I shouldn't because why should I be?

can you justify what kind of info would "affects the stock price that the rest of us do not"?

If you are serious you need help.

A specific example would be knowing that the chips are going to be delayed, or don't work. Martha Stewart was put in jail for trading on knowledge that a drug wouldn't be getting FDA approval the day before it was announced, for example.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 05:35:52 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2013, 05:49:35 AM by iCEBREAKER

Given the situation, I think this share would never get approved on BTCT.CO.

If true, this would make me feel much better about having shares on BTCT over Bitfunder.

You mean the BTCT that fell all over itself to gushingly approve the BTCGarden FAILSCAM?   Grin

BTCT doesn't even claim to be a real exchange, it's a self described game, a practical joke with monopoly money and pretend make-believe securities.

Nothing against Burnside, who I like and respect, but the credulous petulant children who approved GARDEN and hate/fear/resent iCE.DRiLL shouldn't be trusted to something something wet paper bag, much less blah blah map, GPS, and flashlight.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
rtt

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 06:16:48 AM

A specific example would be knowing that the chips are going to be delayed, or don't work. Martha Stewart was put in jail for trading on knowledge that a drug wouldn't be getting FDA approval the day before it was announced, for example.

Actually, Martha Stewart was put in jail for lying to federal investigators and not for insider trading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Stewart#Sentence
+1

And the way the Feds got her talking (vi haf vays to make you talk) was by slowly destroying her business with accusations & leaks: http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/lying-to-the-state-which-lies-to-us/
As mentioned in the article this human sacrifice was supposed to make the sheeple Fear the Law -- and apparently it has.

With your SEC, FBI, IRS threats you are just a bunch of whiny pathetic babies.
Act like men for god's sake!
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 06:53:27 AM

Actually, Martha Stewart was put in jail for lying to federal investigators and not for insider trading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Stewart#Sentence

Yes, but her CEO friend, who she got the information from, did go to jail for insider trading. 

Anyway, it was an example of the specific kind of information that could be considered illegal for an insider to trade on, since you asked for one.

Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 07:43:40 AM

"Insiders information,,," What the heck are you cozing about ?

I might as well remind you 95% of the few information we can gather about AsicMiner are being relayed through board members, AKA Insiders.

Wiki Linking to Martha_Stewart CEO friend,... I hope you start to feel off topic soon.
CanOpener

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:14:23 AM

Good try on coming up with an example Ytterbium. I like to talk about facts and specifics because it brings constructive value to this board.  To thread crap with a bunch of ill-informed fiction is a waste of time.  Now, back to topic...

I could be wrong but if the 'insiders' know that chips don't work and would be delayed, why would 'insiders' buy the shares to begin with? Shouldn't they get the hell out instead of buying up shares?

Again, I am happy to have a civilized conversation/debate.

wow, that is the best you can come up with? i was expecting more. I guess you are just loud-mouthing without knowing what you are talking about then..

When you need to stoop down to attacking personally, it means you have already given up the fight cuz you know you are wrong. i am so disappointed. oh wait, may be I shouldn't because why should I be?

can you justify what kind of info would "affects the stock price that the rest of us do not"?

ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:24:12 AM

Good try on coming up with an example Ytterbium. I like to talk about facts and specifics because it brings constructive value to this board.  To thread crap with a bunch of ill-informed fiction is a waste of time.  Now, back to topic...

I could be wrong but if the 'insiders' know that chips don't work and would be delayed, why would 'insiders' buy the shares to begin with? Shouldn't they get the hell out instead of buying up shares?

His fear is that if - further on down the road - the chips are delayed or dont work, the private investors could be given this information before the rest of the regular investors, giving the private investors a chance to sell their shares before the market downturn that this kind of news would bring

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
CanOpener

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:41:47 AM

ah ok, thanks for articulating that for the others whom I had a tough time understanding. i am not familar with the BitCoin universe like you guys. So, I can only speak about what I know (ie. securities and regulations). Your point is fair ArcticWolf.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the BitFunder platform. After the IPO, what happens? Would there be ample liquidity for people to unwind positions? ie. if I hold 10% shares, can I just dump into the market immediately? If there is no liquidity to unwind, would I just need to hold and wait for dividends to be paid out? (This is a heroic assumption but I would assume that no one is brave enough to bid for 10% of any IPO without some pretty strong faith in the IPO, right?)

His fear is that if - further on down the road - the chips are delayed or dont work, the private investors could be given this information before the rest of the regular investors, giving the private investors a chance to sell their shares before the market downturn that this kind of news would bring
arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:49:16 AM

ah ok, thanks for articulating that for the others whom I had a tough time understanding. i am not familar with the BitCoin universe like you guys. So, I can only speak about what I know (ie. securities and regulations). Your point is fair ArcticWolf.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the BitFunder platform. After the IPO, what happens? Would there be ample liquidity for people to unwind positions? ie. if I hold 10% shares, can I just dump into the market immediately? If there is no liquidity to unwind, would I just need to hold and wait for dividends to be paid out? (This is a heroic assumption but I would assume that no one is brave enough to bid for 10% of any IPO without some pretty strong faith in the IPO, right?)

Clearly, none of this IPO is being approved/scrutinized by the SEC and therefore this whole operation can absolutely be as discretionary as it can get.
CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:23:55 AM

@Canopener, maybe you should get up to speed on bitcoin, mining and how these IPO's respond to information. Watch the market for a week and see how desperate anyone is for the latest gossip or tidbit from a phone call with this insider or that one and how the price roller coasters with that info. There is little liquidity, and the market reacts a magnitude faster to price changes, rumor, leaks than what you are used to in the real world stock market.

The people speculating on these stocks are not at all like sophisticated traders in the forex or commodities markets (myself included), we are all getting the education of a lifetime in terms or trading patterns, IPO's, the SEC.

An insider with accurate information has a significant advantage in this environment.

davider

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 01:31:13 PM

I agree, so far DeaDTerra was very responsive and supportive. People not happy with this IPO can leave freely without losses.
4_skin

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:46:07 PM

greetings fellow bitcoiners... i'm new to this ipo but reading thru it is like taking a bus where the bus driver hits gas then brake every 2 seconds...

bottom line, deadterra seems to candid, honest, sincere, genuine and the level of integrity he's shown to this ipo should be rewarded.  for those who've been

crucifying him, you should really ask yourself if its worth spending time typing a post for something you don't believe in.  its like being in a church, listening to the sermon and staying till the end telling the priest his message was crap... why not just get up and leave?  do you really have to tell the priest he's a piece of crap?Huh  i guess if it makes you feel good...
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

greetings fellow bitcoiners... i'm new to this ipo but reading thru it is like taking a bus where the bus driver hits gas then brake every 2 seconds...

bottom line, deadterra seems to candid, honest, sincere, genuine and the level of integrity he's shown to this ipo should be rewarded.  for those who've been

crucifying him, you should really ask yourself if its worth spending time typing a post for something you don't believe in.  its like being in a church, listening to the sermon and staying till the end telling the priest his message was crap... why not just get up and leave?  do you really have to tell the priest he's a piece of crap?Huh  i guess if it makes you feel good...

You see this forum as a church, and DeadTerra as a priest?  I think he's more of a prophet, and his martyrdom is needed to fulfill the great prophecy.  BTW, who are the two kids on crosses beside him?
yuansuyi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:18:31 PM

bottom line, deadterra seems to candid, honest, sincere, genuine and the level of integrity he's shown to this ipo should be rewarded.  for those who've been

crucifying him, you should really ask yourself if its worth spending time typing a post for something you don't believe in.  its like being in a church, listening to the sermon and staying till the end telling the priest his message was crap... why not just get up and leave?  do you really have to tell the priest he's a piece of crap?Huh  i guess if it makes you feel good...

hi, here is forum,we discuss and debate. if you do not like it, go to your church.
DaSheep

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:21:54 PM

"That’s all I know."
helixone

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:22:07 PM

Did someone lose a sock puppet?

-helixone
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 02:29:36 PM

Ask wall is being rapidly bought up.   Get them while they're cheap!    Cheesy

DT, can we order some Cointerra chips too, as a hedge in case Hashfast is delayed or misses spec?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

I agree, so far DeaDTerra was very responsive and supportive. People not happy with this IPO can leave freely without losses.

Of course he will be responsive and supportive. He's asking for millions of dollars without a solid plan that benefits himself and his partners first.

The doubts and criticism have nothing to do with how nice he might be.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:59:57 PM

Of course he will be responsive and supportive. He's asking for millions of dollars without a plan that benefits himself and his partners so much.

The doubts and criticism have nothing to do with how nice he might be.

IceDrill is paying out .0016 to bitfunder shareholders before a single dime goes to DeadTerra.

I do not understand this constant hating on DT for what is probably the most heavily-weighted-toward-the-shareholder agreement on the market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: