Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:08:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast)  (Read 378422 times)
jgrayjr

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:50:25 AM

HashFast inks deal today: http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/20694  Shocked
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:04:42 AM

Well fuck me sideways!!    Cool

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

SAN JOSE, CA – Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for Bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:22:17 AM

I thought this was interesting but when I saw how much work the satoshi dice guy put into convincing us it was a great deal, I felt uncomfortable.   I mean, he posting more here than he communicated with his shareholders in the last year (I have not done a word count but I do not think I am exaggerating much).

So, can anyone tell me why my summary of this is not correct?
This is a a pre-sale of ASICs, where you only get 75% of the asic you pre-paid for AND you do not have the physical ASIC in hand?  

Um, the "Satoshi Dice" guy as well as Dead Terra are some of the most respected members of the Bitcoin community.

This whole thread is full of people personally screwed by both DT and EV... we've been saying over and over not to trust these people... and all they have done so far is prove us right over and over with this shady 'make it up as you go' ordeal. I mean they can't even answer the most simple questions... they have no clue what they are doing.   I've developed a narrative that DT and EV are bad guys and I'm going to perpetuate that narrative using hyperbole and superficial, unsubstantiated accusations.

FTFY

I don't want to derail the thread here... but you do realize that SatoshiDice shareholders made 4x what I did on the sale, no? You realize that means I sacrificed millions of dollars in order to benefit shareholders far above what the contract required, no? And you realize the end result: the vast majority of investors got all their principle back plus roughly 20% in dividends, do you not? I'm not saying people should be thrilled with the outcome, but options are limited when an exchange rate goes up 8x after an IPO happens.

If you feel I have personally wronged you in some way, please contact me on skype and we can discuss. My ID is evoorhees

And regarding IceDrill, did the terms change from when the IPO originally posted? Yes. Did they change in a way that substantially harmed investors? No. In fact, the deal for investors improved markedly, and on top of that DT put up a bid offer to buy back any shares of those who were uncomfortable with the changes.
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:29:31 AM

There are two different things here.  One is the capital.   you are putting up 100% and receiving 75% of the assets bought.   

Not quite. Shareholders are putting up 100% and receiving 75% directly as dividends and the other 25% as reinvestment in more mining capacity (from which they then receive additional dividends). It's a strategic decision to keep the mine improving.

Further, DT promised to pay 0.0016 btc per share in dividends before the private owners get anything.
CanOpener

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:32:30 AM

was it a coincidence that the news came right after the first tranche of IceDrill was completed?

what happens when the third tranche sells out as well? would shares just freely trade with some correlation to spot price of BitCoins?

Well fuck me sideways!!    Cool

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

SAN JOSE, CA – Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for Bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:37:34 AM

I don't want to derail the thread here... but you do realize that SatoshiDice shareholders made 4x what I did on the sale, no? You realize that means I sacrificed millions of dollars in order to benefit shareholders far above what the contract required, no? And you realize the end result: the vast majority of investors got all their principle back plus roughly 20% in dividends, do you not? I'm not saying people should be thrilled with the outcome, but options are limited when an exchange rate goes up 8x after an IPO happens.
I more or less want to understand EXACTLY how the offering changed when DT posted the change.    It is not clear to me.  Just a simple example would be sufficient.   Pointing out the amount of interest you have in this compared to the amount of time you spent on SD talking to shareholders, is because it was the first time I became curious of whether there was something I was missing.   
And no this is not the place for you to justify how many millions you "lost" by getting rid of something (maybe) that put you at HUGE personal (freedom) risk from a government that already had shown us the glee it took in "perp walking" all the on line poker executives.    Personally, if I was you, I would have gotten my ass out of manhattan, never to return, or gotent my name off the site as soon as too much publicity started coming around bitcoin in general.   That you did the latter seems to me as smart on your part but not as altruistic in any way.   Feel free to start a thread where people can ask you questions and answer them, and I am sure most of the FUD will be cleared up.

chriswilmer
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:49:40 AM

I more or less want to understand EXACTLY how the offering changed when DT posted the change.    It is not clear to me.  Just a simple example would be sufficient.   Pointing out the amount of interest you have in this compared to the amount of time you spent on SD talking to shareholders, is because it was the first time I became curious of whether there was something I was missing.   
And no this is not the place for you to justify how many millions you "lost" by getting rid of something (maybe) that put you at HUGE personal (freedom) risk from a government that already had shown us the glee it took in "perp walking" all the on line poker executives.    Personally, if I was you, I would have gotten my ass out of manhattan, never to return, or gotent my name off the site as soon as too much publicity started coming around bitcoin in general.   That you did the latter seems to me as smart on your part but not as altruistic in any way.   Feel free to start a thread where people can ask you questions and answer them, and I am sure most of the FUD will be cleared up.

I am familiar with the many ways in which Erik Voorhees has helped Bitcoin grow and become the exciting technology/community it is today. What have you done to help Bitcoin?
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:54:08 AM

Getting that chapter closed was not altruistic, you're right. But ensuring disparate parties were as taken care of as possible, was. I agree this isn't the place to discuss SD, so I'll leave it there. I think your points are reasonable and I hope DT will respond adequately for you.
cryptojoe

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:27:42 AM

Only 250K shares remaining of the 3.5 million from batch two. That took about 48h. They're selling like hotcakes.
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:21:51 AM

The multi-year deal is great news for IceDrill shareholders and it somewhat addresses my question I asked in this thread that was never answered by DeadTerra or will.  I've said previously that mining equipment depreciates in value very quickly and wondered what was IceDrill's long term plan was to upgrade.  Now that the Uniquify and HashFast long-term deal is in place it means that IceDrill should have the latest and greatest chips available for the long haul.  Congratulations to Uniquify and HashFast and I hope IceDrill can make negotiations along the same vein.
Let's separate a PR news release from actual news.  This does not mean anything at all.
will

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:22:25 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 06:51:27 AM by will

This whole thread is full of people personally screwed by both DT and EV...

Apologies if my incompetence in reading the bitcointalk forums shines through too much. Could you list these people for me?

we've been saying over and over not to trust these people...

Again, I'm no bitcointalk expert, but I think the reason that your continued requests for people to listen to you (and not DT) has largely gone unnoticed is mainly because of the difference in these two links:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=40976 (Trust summary for DeaDTerra)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=71577 (Trust summary for kingcrimson)
I don't mean to offend you (I simply don't know you), but I think if you can point people to projects you've undertaken or things you have done/participated in your opinions might carry more weight. By this I don't mean that the opinions of people with zero trust matter less (I'm one of them), just trying to explain why I think your continued "warnings?" seem to fall on deaf ears. My opinion (for what it's worth) is that you should evaluate your "self".

and all they have done so far is prove us right over and over with this shady 'make it up as you go' ordeal.

We consider renogatiating on behalf of our investors our prerogative and consider it our duty to work out a better deal wherever we can. It's what we did and will continue to do. If we can get a better deal out of Hashfast then we'll do it. That said, I can see how that would make it appear to an outsider that we're "making it up as we go". In my experience, an unwillingness to negotiate when doing business (any business) is a non-starter. Unwillingness (or inability) to negotiate in the fast-moving bitcoin mining space is a non-starter for the IceDrill.

I mean they can't even answer the most simple questions...

I think we've addressed most, if not all, of the questions posed. We'll continue to do so throughout this IPO and beyond. If I missed anything (again, apologies for my n00bness in this forum), could you please point me to it directly or restate it?

they have no clue what they are doing.

I have no response to this, other than welcoming your opinion on this open forum. In the very least, it provides balance and I thank you for it.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:54:19 AM

The third batch is of 12,000,000 (12 million) shares and will be sold at the price of 0.0016 BTC per share. These shares have to be sold by the 4th of November (00:00:00 UTC, 4 November 2013)  for the IPO to be deemed a success. At the opening of the mine, this equates to a price of 0.16 BTC per Gh.s.

I didn't follow closely. Has 3rd batch been reduced? I can see 7 million shares on sale for BTC 0.0016 each. Is that the complete 3rd batch?

How many shares have been sold (IPO shares only, not counting re-sold shares) on bitfunder up to this point?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Mythoranium

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:07:24 AM

I didn't follow closely. Has 3rd batch been reduced? I can see 7 million shares on sale for BTC 0.0016 each. Is that the complete 3rd batch?

How many shares have been sold (IPO shares only, not counting re-sold shares) on bitfunder up to this point?

Yes, it has been reduced as said here by DT:

Buy back has been cancelled.
The third batch has been issued and the ask has been placed at 0.0016 BTC per share. 7 Million shares will be put up, please note the change in hard limit.
//DeaDTerra

I'm also interested, as others have asked, if more shares could be released after these (up to the original limit of 12 million)? It seems to me very likely that the shares will be sold out before deadline.
will

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:11:28 AM

Hi All. We'll address the questions surrounding the share counts in an upcoming post later today. With it we'll provide a clear description of the new structure. Apologies for any confusion caused.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:11:59 AM

I'm also interested, as others have asked, if more shares could be released after these (up to the original limit of 12 million)? It seems to me very likely that the shares will be sold out before deadline.

Has the deadline already passed? Can we even expect any shares of the 3rd batch to sell?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:13:12 AM

Hi All. We'll address the questions surrounding the share counts in an upcoming post later today. With it we'll provide a clear description of the new structure.

Why not give us a idea now?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:14:32 AM

Hi All. We'll address the questions surrounding the share counts in an upcoming post later today. With it we'll provide a clear description of the new structure.

Could you please also adjust first and second post and the description on bitfunder to reflect these changes? I'm trying to base decisions on facts and I can't be expected to read the whole thread to pull these relevant facts.

Or is there a document somewhere?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:15:09 AM

Has the deadline already passed? Can we even expect any shares of the 3rd batch to sell?

Deadline for 3rd batch is early November if I recall correctly.

will

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:20:03 AM

Could you please also adjust first and second post and the description on bitfunder to reflect these changes? I'm trying to base decisions on facts and I can't be expected to read the whole thread to pull these relevant facts.

Definitely. All descriptions and addendums will be added to the top post and marked as such.

Or is there a document somewhere?

We'll syncronise this with the bitfunder description and news items.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:44:02 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 08:56:31 AM by jubalix

I wonder about the utilities and related cost and risks in these projects

eg.
hosting,
power supply,
air conditioning,
power costs,
power surge protection,
maintenance of this,
insurance against theft, damage or force majure
shipping
transport
etc etc

the logistics side of it

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: