Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever borrowed fiat to get btc?  (Read 1701 times)
joan26

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:20:00 AM

Whether it be buying btc or buying equipment to mine btc. Did you ever borrow fiat to make your purchase? I have not. Just curious if anyone ever has.

I didn't do borrow to invest into crypto. I just did some work or task to have some crypto and bitcoins.
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:23:01 AM

Whether it be buying btc or buying equipment to mine btc. Did you ever borrow fiat to make your purchase? I have not. Just curious if anyone ever has.

I didn't do borrow to invest into crypto. I just did some work or task to have some crypto and bitcoins.

My office mate did this 3 months ago and he was just lucky. He bought bitcoins for $7000 and then he sold out all at $9500. He made great profit at the end, yet this was extremely risky. I never do this.
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:43:20 AM

damn dude never borrow money to but btc.It should only be bought with money you have to spare

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:02:33 PM

I have not borrowed fiat to get btc, and I never will. The market is just too volatile to be doing such a thing. One moment you may be profiting and an hour later your entire portfolio may be in red, and then it may take awhile before it recovers. Then, you will not be able to pay back your debt and the interest will just keep increasing.

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:34:20 PM

Well I am one of those who borrow fiat just to buy bitcoin I was so excited because I read and known some people who made a fortune making a  lot of money from buying bitcoin when they first stumble it, I did not regret it, it was a good decision on my part.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

Yes, I borrowed money to buy crypto currency. I'm very sorry that I did not do it before. I could have already repaid the loan for a long time.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:48:29 PM

Nope. Have not borrowed any money from anyone to buy any cryptocurrency. I don't want to owe anyone specially money because it will drive me mad. I'll end up thinking about it all nighy because I owe someone money to which I can pay immediately. It's really hard to function when I don't use my own money for investments.

yadwoa69

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:53:48 PM

Yes I did borrowed 10000 usd to buy bitcoins last year and it is yielding much results than expected. I have already paid half of the loan with the profit generated. Hope I might end up paying by the first quarter of this year.
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:03:35 PM

Nope. I think that's not a good practice. You can earn bitcoin without even without money capital, just your pure effort and diligence. It's too risky if you invest money in bitcoin coming from borrowings, but well it depends if the luck is on your side. Maybe you just have to study and learn as much as you can so that the money you borrowed won't go for nothing. Invest wisely!
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:09:27 PM

Of course, others have done this because they really want to earn big time most especially around December 2017. But as for me, I didn't. I just use my personal fiat and invested it in bitcoin. I just use small money though and I don't need to borrow anymore for it.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:10:15 PM

No, why would anyone do that?
Buying bitcoins is some sort of investment and everyone should follow rule "invest only what you can afford to lose". Borrowing money is not good option, if you don't have money to buy it find other way(earn crypto). Borrowing money can be option only if you can return that money but that would mean that you can invest little every month.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:13:09 PM

I also plan too. How many times, i was tempted to do that. And if I do follow my instinct, I could be enjoying my life travelling anywhere I wanted.

As I recall, my first attempt to buy Bitcoin, when the value was not even reach a dollar. Way back 2009.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Jating

Activity: 2968
Merit: 825

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:19:30 PM

Yes, I borrowed money to buy crypto currency. I'm very sorry that I did not do it before. I could have already repaid the loan for a long time.

Never tried it mate, but it looks like its favorable on your part and its seems its a good strategy. But I don't know, I'm a little skeptics so I'm not sure if I have the nerves to go that route as well. Maybe if I would just think of it like buying things with my credit card and pay the debt later, I might deal with it.

No, why would anyone do that?
Buying bitcoins is some sort of investment and everyone should follow rule "invest only what you can afford to lose". Borrowing money is not good option, if you don't have money to buy it find other way(earn crypto). Borrowing money can be option only if you can return that money but that would mean that you can invest little every month.

This is my thoughts as well, If I'm going to invest, not just in bitcoin, its better if the money came from your own wallet and not from banks for something. Again, I'm a risk taker as well, but if I can saved enough and later put it in bitcoin as investment that would be a perfect definition of investments. But I can't blame everyone who is borrowing its the risk that they are willing to take.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

I actually borrowed $50 from my mom to buy bitcoins. I paid her back and when I made around $200 worth. Lucky for me, when I bought the bitcoins, it spiked so much that I even got to buy my parents things like new clothes and we ate out. Best $150 spent last 2017.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Oast-btc

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:26:43 PM

Yes I have once, but its not advisable
The_Selected_Few

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:27:58 PM

used just over £2,000 which was originally for my honeymoon, I have only just recovered that after 4 months from my mining contracts ready to now pay for the holiday Smiley
8 months left on hashflare mining contract.
kuberayt

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:28:04 PM

Only from my credit card, but that was to purchase BTC and resell it the same day for an extra 15%. I mean, who wouldn't do that? That's safe and secure (as in paxful / localbitcoins style, if you know what you're doing you won't get screwed or at least have minimal chances of that happening)
Yzhel

Activity: 325

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

I actually borrowed $50 from my mom to buy bitcoins. I paid her back and when I made around $200 worth. Lucky for me, when I bought the bitcoins, it spiked so much that I even got to buy my parents things like new clothes and we ate out. Best $150 spent last 2017.
I  am the one managing our money so I see to it that I am managing it well, and in order for me  to that I am listing all the things that needs to buy first, I am not buying things that we don't need  yet, and I am separating my money for school expenses, allowances and for investing and saving for future.
newgal2017

Activity: 337
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:36:05 PM

I never have borrowed flat to get Bitcoin. I dare not to because I personally do not like having debts and I've found a way to earn Bitcoins without having to spend how much I have. I chose to work on signature campaigns to earn Bitcoin because as a student it is the most beneficial way for me to do so, I won't spend a penny and I will gain knowledge also experience in what I am doing and going to do. In my opinion, borrowing money to make an investment in not a good practice especially if done frequently for your profits might just serve as payments for your debts and it can through time if your investment takes time to grow and if it fails.
Chrizz

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:51:39 PM

I never have borrowed flat to get Bitcoin. I dare not to because I personally do not like having debts and I've found a way to earn Bitcoins without having to spend how much I have. I chose to work on signature campaigns to earn Bitcoin because as a student it is the most beneficial way for me to do so, I won't spend a penny and I will gain knowledge also experience in what I am doing and going to do. In my opinion, borrowing money to make an investment in not a good practice especially if done frequently for your profits might just serve as payments for your debts and it can through time if your investment takes time to grow and if it fails.

Thats exactly my mentality too, i just use money that belongs to me and that i can afford to loose if my investments fail. Its not that much that i can afford to invest since i'm a student too, but i would never try to ask my parents for money just to put it in crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: