Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:14:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ►HashFast Endorsement  (Read 36837 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:18:31 PM

And let me not forget one other significant thing; this unit has water cooling.  NO MORE NOISE.  There is a God!

That's a common misconception... You still need a noisy fan to cool down the radiator in a water cooling setup. Unless you have a fancy setup hooked to swimming pool or other large body of permanently cool water.
You just need a bunch of suckers to foot the bill for you.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/analysis/vancouver-water-cheap-unmetered-208927231.html
And it's all publicly owned and operated, despite a modest increase in annual water tax bills. Metro Vancouver estimates that the average household in its 22 municipalities now receiving treated water will pay a mere $148 this year for unmetered water.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simon Barber

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:17:18 PM

I'd like to confirm that HashFast will offer refunds on orders that are not shipped by Dec 31st.

As cypherdoc alluded to, we are also finalizing a further guarantee for miners who purchase our equipment. We want to make sure our customers are successful. We are putting together the final touches to this program right now. When launched we will offer it to all existing purchasers at no additional charge.

We are currently having trouble with integrating BitPay, but we are actively working on that.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:19:39 PM

Simon,

i actually had a question.  will  the water cooling system come with the home models.  did i mistakenly see somewhere where it will only be for commercial rigs?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:20:21 PM

This endorsement feels cheap, shallow, and whore-ish.

I'm really not a fan of all these pre-order schemes in Bitcoin space, and am calling "Shenanigans" on you, and anyone else delivering 28nm before 2014.

Make me a believer.
Coco888

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:23:34 PM

I already see how HashFast fucks every buyer like BFL is doing everyday.
HashFast

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 07:33:19 PM

you know what?  i absolutely agree.  they should be here talking more but i guess that's why they brought me on board to handle all the flack.
Yes, and CEO-level: understandable.  But where's Sedockis, or whatever his name is: the marketing guy?

It seems to me, particularly on the day that Team Avalon has announced their ("temporary") implosion, it is even more necessary to put forward a balanced, credible, front.

I'm here. Was sleeping after a very long day.  What can I do for you?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:51:52 PM

And let me not forget one other significant thing; this unit has water cooling.  NO MORE NOISE.  There is a God!

That's a common misconception... You still need a noisy fan to cool down the radiator in a water cooling setup. Unless you have a fancy setup hooked to swimming pool or other large body of permanently cool water.

Well you need a fan but it doesn't need to be noisy.  However you are right in the longer context.  Water "cooling" is actually a misnomer.  The water is merely a heat transfer system.  Much like a copper heat sink is a heat transfer system.  Nobody would call that "copper cooling".  Note this isn't a dig at HashFast the term is "water cooling" it just happens to be inaccurate.

HOWEVER the advantage of water cooling is that water is an amazingly good heat transfer system (transfers about 25x the heat per volume of fluid).  So you can move the heat to a much larger areas like a radiator with 1000x the surface area of the chip and use fewer larger slower fans.  No noise is a mismoner but it can be much quieter.
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:57:13 PM

Simon,

i actually had a question.  will  the water cooling system come with the home models.  did i mistakenly see somewhere where it will only be for commercial rigs?

I'm wondering why the "home" and "commercial" versions!  I can't find any mention of a home version on the site and the fact that this is "commercial" only is a bit confusing - it's like saying this vacuum cleaner is commercial only (but there's nothing to keep you from using it at home).  Any explanation would be appreciated!

Simon Barber

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:01:37 PM

Unfortunately we can't offer any models for home use during initial sales. The reason is FCC certification. To sell a product for home use we need FCC class B certification, and this takes 1 or 2 months, after our chips become available. As a result we cannot endorse or sell any of our early products for home use. We may offer a product certified for home use later on, but our early products are sold for use in commercial environments.

The Baby Jet will come with the fully sealed, maintenance free liquid cooling system.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:05:02 PM

i actually had a question.  will  the water cooling system come with the home models.  did i mistakenly see somewhere where it will only be for commercial rigs?

Unfortunately we can't offer any models for home use during initial sales. The reason is FCC certification. To sell a product for home use we need FCC class B certification, and this takes 1 or 2 months, after our chips become available. As a result we cannot endorse or sell any of our early products for home use. We may offer a product certified for home use later on, but our early products are sold for use in commercial environments.

The Baby Jet will come with the fully sealed, maintenance free liquid cooling system.

For those who want to read between the lines I will say what they are unwilling to.   AFAIK no BTC miner is designed for "residential use" as nobody has FCC certification, although plenty of people are operating them in their "residences".  That being said it isn't like the device has a GPS unit that will self destruct if you bring it inside a house.  It just means the company is selling it for commercial use, if you buy a commercial product then you are indicating you are buying it for commercial use.    What you actually do with it once you get it is up to you.
Simon Barber

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:06:03 PM

Well you need a fan but it doesn't need to be noisy.  However you are right in the longer context.  Water "cooling" is actually a misnomer.  The water is merely a heat transfer system.  Much like a copper heat sink is a heat transfer system.  Nobody would call that "copper cooling".  Note this isn't a dig at HashFast the term is "water cooling" it just happens to be inaccurate.

HOWEVER the advantage of water cooling is that water is an amazingly good heat transfer system (transfers about 25x the heat per volume of fluid).  So you can move the heat to a much larger areas like a radiator with 1000x the surface area of the chip and use fewer larger slower fans.  No noise is a mismoner but it can be much quieter.

The Baby Jet will ship with an oversized liquid cooling system, that has much more capacity than needed to run the chip at 400GH/s. This means that the fans will be able to throttle back, and run quite slowly, and thus quietly. I don't yet have any noise figures, but the intention is that this system will result in the lowest noise possible.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:15:42 PM

i actually had a question.  will  the water cooling system come with the home models.  did i mistakenly see somewhere where it will only be for commercial rigs?

For those who want to read between the lines I will say what they are unwilling to.   AFAIK no BTC miner is designed for "residential use" as nobody has FCC certification, although plenty of people are operating them in their "residences".  That being said it isn't like the device has a GPS unit that will self destruct if you bring it inside a house.  It just means the company is selling it for commercial use, if you buy a commercial product then you are indicating you are buying it for commercial use.    What you actually do with it once you get it is up to you.

Simon has also indicated to me that one could expect to run 4-5 of these off a standard residential outlet if they wanted given the 350W per unit consumption.  no one is recommending this of course.
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:52:02 PM

Unfortunately we can't offer any models for home use during initial sales. The reason is FCC certification. To sell a product for home use we [/quote]

THANKS for the clarification!

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:15:55 PM

Check out Uniquify, those are the ones actually developing the chips:
http://www.uniquify.com/

You know the phrase "all this, and a bag of chips"?

The problem isn't the chips, the problem is the "all this".

Can they deliver hundreds of working boxes a few days after their chips leave the fab?

They say they'll refund the money if they're late, but how are they going to afford to do that?  Their website says they have 30 days to deliver the product if it's late. That means they can delay until late november if they feel like it without issuing refunds.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:27:16 PM

You just need a bunch of suckers to foot the bill for you.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/analysis/vancouver-water-cheap-unmetered-208927231.html
And it's all publicly owned and operated, despite a modest increase in annual water tax bills. Metro Vancouver estimates that the average household in its 22 municipalities now receiving treated water will pay a mere $148 this year for unmetered water.

Now that is pure awesome. 
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

I was going to buy a BFL product last fall (Nov 2012) before it became apparent that they were full of crap.  I had made up my mind to do it any everything except that for what ever reason their payment form was broken.  After a couple tries I just gave up, in hind sight it was a sign and saved me a load cash.  I wonder if hashfast's site being broken now is a similar sign.  It's a shame it seems the people involved have a lot of street cred.

they're pretty much all technical guys.  which is why i liked them from the start.  Simon and his technical team are at the frontend with Uniquify on the back end.  there is a great synergy there.

i didn't see that with other companies.

unfortunately we're seeing the consequences of that too.  but they are working to rectify the situation.

Come on dude, "technical guys" should be able to create a website that actually works.

If they're only taking bitcoin, all they have to do is create a few thousand addresses and put them in a database table, when someone orders you give them one of the addresses.

Then just query blockchain.info once an hour to see if there are any transactions on those addresses.

I realize chip design is a different skillset from programming, but they should, like know a guy right?   If they don't know a guy who can build a website that works, how are we supposed to trust that they'll know a guy who can manage the physical production and shipping of products?

It was those things, not the production of chips, that Avalon and BFL failed at.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:37:41 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 10:20:39 PM by Ytterbium

I'd like to confirm that HashFast will offer refunds on orders that are not shipped by Dec 31st.

As cypherdoc alluded to, we are also finalizing a further guarantee for miners who purchase our equipment. We want to make sure our customers are successful. We are putting together the final touches to this program right now. When launched we will offer it to all existing purchasers at no additional charge.

We are currently having trouble with integrating BitPay, but we are actively working on that.

1.5 MONTHS LATE?

So the actual guaranteed shipping date is December 31, not "late october!?!?!?!?"

Also, how exactly are you going to be able to fund these refunds?  Pre-mining through november and december Roll Eyes?  

HashFast

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:38:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Again, I personally apologize for the difficulty many of you had in placing an order with us yesterday. The integration between BitPay and our shopping cart did not operate smoothly, and the sales volume overwhelmed it.

This is what we are doing to fix it:

1) We have a record of everyone who attempted to make a purchase. We will individually contact those people to give each one the option of completing their purchase (and preserving their place in line for delivery of the earliest units, as per the timestamp in their order)

2) Many of you have felt that the shipping costs were too high. We will find a better/cheaper solution, and refund the difference. It is absolutely not our intention to make a profit on shipping costs. If you have completed a transaction, and feel that the shipping costs were too high, please submit a ticket to support@hashfast.com.

3) We are working hard to improve and test the new site and payment processing options. In the meantime, if you would like to make a purchase with us directly, you can email us at sales@hashfast.com. Please include your name, address and a phone number where we can reach you. We will work on these purchase requests in the order that they are received (and provide each person with a place in the delivery line,  per the timestamp of their email)

Our team is working diligently to get these issues resolved. We appreciate your patience.

If you have completed an order and have questions, please contact support@hashfast.com
If you have not yet completed an order and would like to do so, please contact sales@hashfast.com

Thank you,
John Skrodenis
HashFast

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:41:20 PM

Shipping is expected in October, but refunds will be offered if nothing is shipped by Dec 31st...

You can cut the deja vu with a knife.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:46:20 PM

Shipping is expected in October, but refunds will be offered if nothing is shipped by Dec 31st...

You can cut the deja vu with a knife.

LOL wasn't there also a major cluster fuck with B2 Avalon check out as well, seems like BFL and Avalon rolled into one!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: