Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 07:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ►HashFast Endorsement  (Read 36839 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:09:43 PM

Well, of course you wouldn't work with Crumbs.  Did you assume the account i buy will also be called "Crumbs"?  Is there anything to suggest that i do not own several other accounts, each perfectly crafted for its purpose?  How naive are you?

sure, but i can tell by the way you talk that you aren't capable of creating anything within Bitcoin that i'd be interested in participating with no matter what name you go by real or not. Cheesy

But you have just compared HashFast to other companies, you can't compare & contrast without naming names.

sure i can.  i'm doing it right now.

Say what?  What does packaging have to do with bitcoin?  Are you talking about the chips or marketing?  They seem to be fine on the marketing front already, a partnership with a tiny miner called IceDrill.  Sure, IceDrill is as real as HashFast, but if it *DOES* by chance become a reality, we can start investing in graveyard plots for small miners.  Fortunes to be made.

strategic decisions on many things like sell rigs alone, chips alone, both, how many, when, to whom, for how much, wifi, ethernet, or usb.  yes, fortunes to be made
In that case accepting a paid position is simply foolish, as is investing in miners.  You should have simply donated the money to HashFast & volunteered your time.  As it stands, denying you're a paid shill is impossible.   You are heavily biased both by your investment in the miners & are *obligated as a spokesperson* to promote HashFast.  If HashFast is, OTOH, paying you to speak your mind and ask potentially damaging questions, i have to question their sanity & will not invest in a company that spends money so foolishly.

yawn. Roll Eyes

I wouldn't *dream* of taking this job from you -- i see you as an *ideal* representative of HashFast.  You do to HashFast in a single post what i couldn't do in a million years Cheesy

lol!
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 07:30:29 PM

if what you're wondering is this a scam as a result of the above?  i can guarantee it isn't as i've been working with these guys day in and day out as well as having paid them a visit.

if what you're saying is this is so amateurish in it's presentation that this raises the question whether or not they can complete a complex asic assemby project? then that's fair.

The problem is that the line between "scam" and "bad deal" is blurry. BFL clearly had an ASIC design and clearly intended to ship them when they started. Yet, at this point most people are calling them a scam.

It's all about ROI. If enough people pre-order from them then they guarantee themselves a profit on their chip design and production, as long as they can ship before December 31.

But the problem is that with the rate that difficulty is increasing the difference between shipping in late October and shipping in late December is basically the difference between maybe making ROI and never coming close - unless all the other chipmakers also fail.

HashFast is saying they'll ship units just a handful of days after they get their chips in October.  On the other hand, KnC is now saying that their units for November delivery will be less then $5k. And at that point it will have been over 60 days since their first chip deliveries, they'll have had plenty of time to make any changes and adjustments if they need to at that point - even if their first orders are delayed.

Anyway, the problem I see is that you can look at BFL and Avalon and think how easy it is to make millions of dollars off people who don't know WTF is going on with difficulty and all the other potential competitors out there, and you can take pre-order money from people who aren't good investors.

I mean, you yourself said you thought difficulty would look like a stock chart, and go back down, which is bonkers - and could only happen if the price of bitcoin crashes to the point where most miners just turn off and junk their machines.

I especially think it's disingenuous to claim that people will get paid back if their "late" and then only bury the fact that "late" means by dec 31 in the comments after someone notices inconsistencies in the small type on their website.

if what you're saying is this is so amateurish in it's presentation that this raises the question whether or not they can complete a complex asic assemby project? then that's fair.

Well, one problem with amateurishness so far is that it implies they may also be 'amateurish' when i comes to getting their outsourced manufacturer to churn out units as fast as they say they will. We know the company that's designing their chip.  We don't know who their outsource MFG/logistics company is but that's just as important.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:32:54 PM

Well, of course you wouldn't work with Crumbs.  Did you assume the account i buy will also be called "Crumbs"?  Is there anything to suggest that i do not own several other accounts, each perfectly crafted for its purpose?  How naive are you?

sure, but i can tell by the way you talk that you aren't capable of creating anything within Bitcoin that i'd be interested in participating with no matter what name you go by real or not. Cheesy

Now the naivete is simply painful.  Only a dolt would carry over attitudes, mannerisms, idiosyncrasies & writing style.  Would i use a double dash for an em dash?  Would you keep dropping the leading caps?   If you admit that you're a child, i promise to pull more punches.  I'm not cruel.

But you have just compared HashFast to other companies, you can't compare & contrast without naming names.
sure i can.  i'm doing it right now.

I'll refresh your memory:
"those asic companies that don't understand what Bitcoin is, what it represents, and how it fits into not only the Bitcoin community but also the global financial system are doomed to fail, imo."
Which companies are those, in bold red font?

Say what?  What does packaging have to do with bitcoin?  Are you talking about the chips or marketing?  They seem to be fine on the marketing front already, a partnership with a tiny miner called IceDrill.  Sure, IceDrill is as real as HashFast, but if it *DOES* by chance become a reality, we can start investing in graveyard plots for small miners.  Fortunes to be made.
strategic decisions on many things like sell rigs alone, chips alone, both, how many, when, to whom, for how much, wifi, ethernet, or usb.  yes, fortunes to be made

My point is they're already in bed with a megaminer, was that done on your advice?  If so, thanks a bunch.  Will HashFast be sending out "Sorry For Your Loss, Lol" cards with their BabyJets to nouveau jetsetters?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:57:28 PM

if what you're wondering is this a scam as a result of the above?  i can guarantee it isn't as i've been working with these guys day in and day out as well as having paid them a visit.

The problem is that the line between "scam" and "bad deal" is blurry. BFL clearly had an ASIC design and clearly intended to ship them when they started. Yet, at this point most people are calling them a scam.

It's all about ROI. If enough people pre-order from them then they guarantee themselves a profit on their chip design and production, as long as they can ship before December 31.

But the problem is that with the rate that difficulty is increasing the difference between shipping in late October and shipping in late December is basically the difference between maybe making ROI and never coming close - unless all the other chipmakers also fail.

this is where their Miner Protection Program will kick in.  from what i know, it will basically guarantee you a ROI.  you will need to ask the principals about the details.
HashFast is saying they'll ship units just a handful of days after they get their chips in October.  On the other hand, KnC is now saying that their units for November delivery will be less then $5k. And at that point it will have been over 60 days since their first chip deliveries, they'll have had plenty of time to make any changes and adjustments if they need to at that point - even if their first orders are delayed.

ppl can say all they want and so can i.  from what i've seen the HashFast chip is way more advanced and efficient than any competitor.  that is going to more than compensate for any pricing shenanigans that other companies might throw out there.

Anyway, the problem I see is that you can look at BFL and Avalon and think how easy it is to make millions of dollars off people who don't know WTF is going on with difficulty and all the other potential competitors out there, and you can take pre-order money from people who aren't good investors.

I mean, you yourself said you thought difficulty would look like a stock chart, and go back down, which is bonkers - and could only happen if the price of bitcoin crashes to the point where most miners just turn off and junk their machines.

we've seen crazier things in Bitcoin before, eh?
I especially think it's disingenuous to claim that people will get paid back if their "late" and then only bury the fact that "late" means by dec 31 in the comments after someone notices inconsistencies in the small type on their website.

yeah, yet another thing i'll have to point out to them

Well, one problem with amateurishness so far is that it implies they may also be 'amateurish' when i comes to getting their outsourced manufacturer to churn out units as fast as they say they will. We know the company that's designing their chip.  We don't know who their outsource MFG/logistics company is but that's just as important.

yes, i agree.  this is where the faith and risk analysis part comes in.
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 07:58:44 PM

HashFast website: redirect loop Angry https://www . hashfast . com/www . hashfast . com (spaces added by moi)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:03:35 PM

"those asic companies that don't understand what Bitcoin is, what it represents, and how it fits into not only the Bitcoin community but also the global financial system are doomed to fail, imo."

waaaah.  Mommy says you can't make me.  Lips sealed

and i'll ask you again; why are you here bashing every asic company around?  if you're so convinced they're all a scam, why are you wasting your valuable time trolling?  don't you have better things to do?
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:13:12 PM

ppl can say all they want and so can i.  from what i've seen the HashFast chip is way more advanced and efficient than any competitor.  that is going to more than compensate for any pricing shenanigans that other companies might throw out there.

No, it won't. Seriously, can you do math at all? All that matters right now is the price, $5600, and the speed 400Gh/s. KnC's estimated power draw is 3x HashFast's, but if they ship a month or two earlier then you'll make more money with the KnC. And if HashFast is delayed at all then all the efficiency in the world won't make you any more money.

we've seen crazier things in Bitcoin before, eh?

Uh, no.  We've seen the price crash, but even as the price went from $37 to $2 the difficulty only dipped a tiny amount. Most people kept their miners running.   And the point is: you're screwed either way.  Either difficulty continues to spike and you make no money, or the price of bitcoin crashes, and you make no money.

Well, one problem with amateurishness so far is that it implies they may also be 'amateurish' when i comes to getting their outsourced manufacturer to churn out units as fast as they say they will. We know the company that's designing their chip.  We don't know who their outsource MFG/logistics company is but that's just as important.

yes, i agree.  this is where the faith and risk analysis part comes in.

"Faith" is not a good thing for an investor to have. And there is basically no way to "analyze" the risk.

As far as this "miner protection plan" there's nothing to indicate that anyone who buys a unit now or invests in IceDrill will be covered by it.

crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:15:19 PM

and i'll ask you again; why are you here bashing every asic company around?  if you're so convinced they're all a scam, why are you wasting your valuable time trolling?  don't you have better things to do?

A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house, Cypherdoc.   Sad
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:19:27 PM

As far as this "miner protection plan" there's nothing to indicate that anyone who buys a unit now or invests in IceDrill will be covered by it.

it will cover all who have already purchased.  as for IceDrill, i don't know.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:20:21 PM

A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house, Cypherdoc.   Sad

thx for continually pushing this thread to the top.  i'm getting paid by page views, didn't you know?  Wink
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:22:07 PM

Well im in just bought a pre order waiting to make btc payment

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:23:02 PM

thx for continually pushing this thread to the top.  i'm getting paid by page views, didn't you know?  Wink

Always a pleasure to help out an unrepentant shill Smiley
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

Cypher I can understand your excitement and I have bought a good amount of IceDrill shares, but you have to admit that if KnC delivers first one month before HF then "Houston..."!
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:29:46 PM

Cypherdoc, any comment on this?  Are we to believe... Cheesy

inspired by:
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

https://hashfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/chipset01.png

inspired by:http://pcper.com/images/reviews/276/Intel%20Core%202%20Duo%20T7400%20-%20CPU.jpg

What kind of retarded post is this anyways?  Guess there's a reason your ignore button is already piss yellow after a mere two months.
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:54:01 PM

inspired by:http://pcper.com/images/reviews/276/Intel%20Core%202%20Duo%20T7400%20-%20CPU.jpg

What kind of retarded post is this anyways?  Guess there's a reason your ignore button is already piss yellow after a mere two months.

Thank you for contributing Smiley
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:09:36 PM

What kind of retarded post is this anyways?  Guess there's a reason your ignore button is already piss yellow after a mere two months.

So much for the conspiracy theory that Crumbs worked for Cointerra (yeah someone came up with that since he wasn't trolling them as hard - although they seem more professional then HashFast)

I think he was trying to imply that the HashFast GN image was just a picture of an Intel CPU or something. Obviously every high-end BGA chip looks like that, here's a 7990 without a heatsink: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2013/04/amd-radeon-hd-7990-6gb-review/7990-8b.jpg.  Same thing except an extra metal plate (I guess to help with cooling).

Nice for crumbs to prove his IC ignorance so obviously in one post.

Not that HashFast isn't a joke, though.

crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:34:17 PM

What kind of retarded post is this anyways?  Guess there's a reason your ignore button is already piss yellow after a mere two months.

So much for the conspiracy theory that Crumbs worked for Cointerra (yeah someone came up with that since he wasn't trolling them as hard - although they seem more professional then HashFast)

I think he was trying to imply that the HashFast GN image was just a picture of an Intel CPU or something. Obviously every high-end BGA chip looks like that, here's a 7990 without a heatsink: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2013/04/amd-radeon-hd-7990-6gb-review/7990-8b.jpg.  Same thing except an extra metal plate (I guess to help with cooling).

Nice for crumbs to prove his IC ignorance so obviously in one post.

It's not a photo, you goof -- it's a rendering.  Ignore the photoshop exif trash.  Please tell me you're not blind, too Cheesy
Edit:  The matte marble texture is a neat touch.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:37:58 PM

If you're telling the truth, it'll be great. If not...

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:41:44 PM

hey Ytter.  i see you're very interested in the Reseller Program. according to Crumbs you going to double down on your KNC investment?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: