Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ►HashFast Endorsement  (Read 36839 times)
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:38:49 PM

Honestly -  who is going to expect any replies of a negative nature from a "paid sponsor/endorser"  ??

No rational person would expect anything of the sort, excepting softball fluff.

Are the expenses for this trip being paid for out of the monies paid by Hashfast, or are they paid by Hashfast directly?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 12:51:26 PM

Honestly -  who is going to expect any replies of a negative nature from a "paid sponsor/endorser"  ??

Are the expenses for this trip being paid for out of the monies paid by Hashfast, or are they paid by Hashfast directly?

Remember, he doesn't get paid unless they are successful. The reason you see 15 HashFast threads getting bumped daily by 1 line sentences from this guy. While not very bright he makes up in persistance.

Edit: Looks like I bumped the thread, do I get something for my trouble?

Yeah - wish the mods would re-enforce the one thread for the same shit rule again like they did with the 488382 BFL threads last year..  (and a good clean up merge would be nice)...  I'm sure money is lost when this thread gets bumped to the 2nd page... oh noes!... stupid.

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:08:15 PM

Honestly -  who is going to expect any replies of a negative nature from a "paid sponsor/endorser"  ??

Nope, paid by me.

Thanks for bumping the thread.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:42:03 PM

so i find out HF was selling chunks of BTC all weekend long.

And what did the price do?  It goes UP, way UP.

So much for junior economist crumbs and his fan boys, Bargraphics and erschiesen
miter_myles

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:55:31 PM

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:03:38 PM

So much for junior economist crumbs and his fan boys, Bargraphics and erschiesen

Ya had nothing to do with the fact Germany claiming BTC as a taxable currency providing legitimacy to BTC.....

Please go on, only clowns and fools put trust in you at the point.

well now, that was my point all along if you'd read carefully.  i know its hard.

i said that just b/c HF has to sell coins on an exchange doesn't mean the price will go down or that it would be BAD for the economy.  there is no way to predict what effect it will have as there are any number of hidden buyers waiting in the wings; or not.  i kept saying it was irrelevant, didn't i?

the main point, which i still emphasize, is that by enabling/facilitating/forcing BTC-only payments, HF helps the Bitcoin economy by increasing BTC velocity.  which helps miner fees, exchange fees, and HF itself continue to grow.

end of story.

except it would be great to hear crumbs squeal if i didn't have him on ignore.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:15:38 PM

Ya had nothing to do with the fact Germany claiming BTC as a taxable currency providing legitimacy to BTC.....

Please go on, only clowns and fools put trust in you at the point.

well now, that was my point all along if you'd read carefully.  i know its hard.

i said that just b/c HF has to sell coins on an exchange doesn't mean the price will go down or that it would be BAD for the economy.  there is no way to predict what effect it will have as there are any number of hidden buyers waiting in the wings; or not.  i kept saying it was irrelevant, didn't i?

the main point, which i still emphasize, is that by enabling/facilitating/forcing BTC-only payments, HF helps the Bitcoin economy by increasing BTC velocity.  which helps miner fees, exchange fees, and HF itself continue to grow.

end of story.

except it would be great to hear crumbs squeal if i didn't have him on ignore.

In all honesty, I don't think you had a point.

You just kept repeating that HashFast is good the the economy and then took the opportunity of BTC price raising to try and say "see look hah they really are (phew)"

Again only clowns and fools would put trust in you based on your "points".

again, please read carefully, if you can.

i didn't say that b/c the BTC price rose that that was evidence that HF was good for the economy.

i said it rose despite the fact that they were selling their chunks of BTC contrary to what crumbs predicted would happen.  Roll Eyes

this is what happens when trolls react and don't think.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:44:57 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 05:19:41 PM by crumbs

again, please read carefully, if you can.

i didn't say that b/c the BTC price rose that that was evidence that HF was good for the economy.

i said it rose despite the fact that they were selling their chunks of BTC contrary to what crumbs predicted would happen.  Roll Eyes

this is what happens when trolls react and don't think.

Cypherdoc, you act like the influx of HashFast's pre-order BTC was more than Junior pissing in the pool.  
It wasn't, but pissing in the pool is still frowned upon.  So stop pretending it's a good thing. Angry
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:30:27 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 02:25:01 AM by cypherdoc

the tapeout is fully paid for and should happen towards the end of week.

there is no venture capital involved in HF.  not that there haven't been plenty of offers.  this means that there is no VC's demanding their pound of flesh or return.  the original partners, Eduardo and Simon, own 90% of the company and the remaining 10% friends and family.  this is important in that HF can give more of it's allegiance to the customers.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:21:07 AM

I'd like to write today about a small piece of why we are confident our product is better than KnCs.

So today's topic: Our silicon design is superior.

Both are 28nm designs, but HashFast's is far more powerful and energy-efficient.

Let's look at KnC's 28nm ASIC, and some basic details as we can pull from their documentation. https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-25

First let's calculate the hash rate per square millimeter of silicon. This is a measure of the efficiency of the design.

Honestly, we don't need much to estimate this. The lid size for their chip is enough to make some good estimates.

KnC's diagram shows their chip has a 41.2mm lid, and implies that the silicon under that lid may be between 30mm x 30mm, and 36mm x 36mm. (The additional space is needed for decoupling capacitors and such.)
    Let's use those two numbers as bounds for the size of the silicon under the lid. If the die(s) take up just 30x30mm of the space under the lid, then:
     30x30mm = 900mm^2
     100 GHash / 900 mm^2 = 0.11 GHash/mm^2

Or if the die takes up a bit more of the space under the lid,
      36x36mm = 1296mm^2
      100 GHash / 1296mm^2 = 0.077 GHash/mm^2

HashFast's Golden Nonce chip: I don't have to estimate the size because I work at HashFast. Smiley
   One 18x18mm die is able to do 400 GHash (nominal - more overclocked**)
   Hashing per square mm:
      18x18mm = 324mm^2
      400 GHash / 324mm^2 = 1.23 GHash/mm^2

Let's compare those numbers, for the high and low values for KnC's chip:

1.23 / 0.11 = 11.2
      1.23 / 0.077 = 16

So HashFast's chip is between 11 and 16 times more efficient, in hashing per square mm, than KnC's chip.

This has an impact on how fast we can deliver units to customers. One wafer of HashFast's chips has the same capacity as 11 to 16 wafers of KNCs. The initial engineering run from TSMC is limited to 12 wafers, out of which KNC will be able to satisfy 11 to 16 times fewer customers than HashFast will be able to. You'll get your units faster once production starts from us.

In addition, the HashFast chip operates much more efficiently. You get four times the hash rate for the same amount of power (250W). That's 1.6 GHash/W for HashFast, and 0.4 GHash/W for KnC.

Calculations such as this are a small part of why we are confident that we are delivering a quality product to our customers.

We figure it's time to start sharing such information.

Amy Woodward

VP Engineering
HashFast

** P.S. Simon made me put in the line about overclocking. But no one would ever do that to our beautiful chips, right? Wink
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:26:33 AM

This comment is so inane that it's finally forced me to put you on ignore.

Unbelievable.

HashFast

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 12:28:05 AM

We've posted a new update on our blog:
https://hashfast.com/countdown-to-tapeout/

-John

miter_myles

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:34:53 AM

We've posted a new update on our blog:
https://hashfast.com/countdown-to-tapeout/

-John

So - this is an excuse to bump every fucking hashfast thread ? as I see you are hitting each one with this shit..

you guys are fucking annoying..

(ps - don't forget the 10 warranty gaff thread... lol)

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:27:46 AM

This comment is so inane that it's finally forced me to put you on ignore.

Unbelievable.

And this guy is a "Financial Analyst."  It's really amazing.

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:28:34 AM

i'm in san jose at my hotel.  looking forward to going into HashFast tomorrow.

already tucked all current questions into my phone and sent them off via email to John and Eduardo.  hopefully i'll get the answers to all of them tomorrow.

now's the time to put up any others.  let me know.

Any updates ?
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:33:03 AM

already tucked all current questions into my phone and sent them off via email to John and Eduardo.  hopefully i'll get the answers to all of them tomorrow.

Any updates ?

I believe that he might still be in bed. It's not even morning over there.   Smiley

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:25:25 PM

Any updates ?

my updates consist of pretty much of what i was able to get them to release yesterday. the details of Amy Woodward's post are most important.

i was there with them until 7:30 PM.  they are all working hard to try and complete the tapeout.  as you know, it's an iterative and unpredictable process but they are very close.  i spent most of the day just trying to get them to clarify some of the policies that they have set forth here on the forum in terms of the warranty and MPP.  they've made much progress and the details of these should be made available shortly.

what Simon is trying to achieve is unprecedented in the mining industry.  as mrb and others have pointed out, it's a risky proposition going so small in terms of pushing the boundaries of heat build up.  but if he succeeds, the cost savings will blow the doors off all competitors and make the MPP a unique program to HF. 

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:45:39 PM

All I see coming out of your responses and those of the company representatives is PR. Not A single concrete answer for the multitude of questions asked, most very simple. If I ran any of my businesses this way I would not be in business any more, and would be ashamed to admit it. At least BFL is a known quantity.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:46:40 PM

what Simon is trying to achieve is unprecedented in the mining industry.  as mrb and others have pointed out, it's a risky proposition going so small in terms of pushing the boundaries of heat build up.  but if he succeeds, the cost savings will blow the doors off all competitors and make the MPP a unique program to HF. 
"Unprecedented in the mining industry."
"pushing the boundaries of heat build up."
"blow the doors off all competitors."
Another content-free bump, asking us to:

♪♪HoOoOoldon to that feeEeEeling!♪♪
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:23:05 PM

All I see coming out of your responses and those of the company representatives is PR. Not A single concrete answer for the multitude of questions asked, most very simple. If I ran any of my businesses this way I would not be in business any more, and would be ashamed to admit it. At least BFL is a known quantity.

it's a startup.  how concrete do you expect them to be?

alot of questions have been answered to the best of their ability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: