Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ►HashFast Endorsement  (Read 36839 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 04:11:27 PM

Only 39 rigs left that will have the MPP.
HashFast

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 06:15:04 PM

It looks like we'll be sold out by tomorrow.
-John

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:02:14 PM

It looks like we'll be sold out by tomorrow.
-John

Well, it should be no surprise, especially since you've so generously decided to account for this in BTC.

Anyone not taking advantage of such a program as this is making a huge mistake since it's a one time offer.

All those trying desperately to frame this as equivalent to a pre delivery refund are foolish and shills. This is a great put option that could launch you into profitability once the difficulty levels off, which it will,  probably around the time this is scheduled to take effect.

Also, don't forget that those of you lucky enough to get a box now will most likely be able to install the Golden Nonce 2 once it comes out.
NiteShdw

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:17:25 AM

Also, don't forget that those of you lucky enough to get a box now will most likely be able to install the Golden Nonce 2 once it comes out.

Are you saying that the chip is socketed so it can be removed and replaced with a different chip?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:10:26 AM

Are you saying that the chip is socketed so it can be removed and replaced with a different chip?

No, I am not.

I don't think they are going to have the luxury of time needed to include a socketed solution as time of delivery is most  important to them.

But hopefully the chip will be mounted on a solution that can be easily plugged in.
HashFast

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 06:46:13 AM

No, I am not.

I don't think they are going to have the luxury of time needed to include a socketed solution as time of delivery is most  important to them.

But hopefully the chip will be mounted on a solution that can be easily plugged in.

That is correct. The first batch of chips will be packaged into modules that can be plugged in.
-John

HashFast

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 06:47:36 AM

First Batch is SOLD OUT!
-John

AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:49:50 AM

What's going to happen to the rest of your chips

I'm sure you'll generate tens of thousands of chips from (I'm assuming) 2 or more wafers
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:47:32 AM

What's going to happen to the rest of your chips

I'm sure you'll generate tens of thousands of chips from (I'm assuming) 25 or more wafers

FYPFY.  Lots are generally 25 not 2 wafers.  

If they are doing a rocket run a single lot is very likely.  As indicated above even at 100% yield 25 wafers is only 4,525 chips.
IceDrill has bought 250 TH/s of gear.  At a nominal 400 GH/s per chip that is 625 chips.  They sold another 550 direct and will have to allocate up to 2,200 more for the MPP.  So up to 3,375 chips are already allocated.   

I assume they will use the excess chips (plus any in the MPP allocation not needed) to either self mine or offer additional sales once pre-orders have been delivered.

AussieHash

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:54:26 AM

FYPFY.  Lots are generally 25 not 2 wafers.  

If they are doing a rocket run a single lot is very likely.  As indicated above even at 100% yield 25 wafers is only 4,525 chips.
IceDrill has bought 250 TH/s of gear.  At a nominal 400 GH/s per chip that is 625 chips.  They sold another 550 direct and will have to allocate up to 2,200 more for the MPP.  So up to 3,375 chips are already allocated.  

I assume they will use the excess chips (plus any in the MPP allocation not needed) to either self mine or offer additional sales once pre-orders have been delivered.

That all adds up !

We'll never know whether IceDrill was offered the same MPP, and whether he/she is buying chips or assembled units.
Perhaps the MPP chips could come from a 2nd production run, and the extra chips have another purpose ?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:57:22 AM

FYPFY.  Lots are generally 25 not 2 wafers. 

If they are doing a rocket run a single lot is very likely.  As indicated above even at 100% yield 25 wafers is only 4,525 chips.
IceDrill has bought 250 TH/s of gear.  At a nominal 400 GH/s per chip that is 625 chips.  They sold another 550 direct and will have to allocate up to 2,200 more for the MPP.  So up to 3,375 chips are already allocated.   

That all adds up !

We'll never know whether IceDrill was offered the same MPP, and whether he/she is buying chips or assembled units.
Hashfast have said they will announce multi chip devices in November, and the MPP chips could come from a 2nd production run perhaps ?

IceDrill indicated they were not given the MPP it was for "retail" customers only and they also indicated they will take delivery of raw chips directly. 

As for a second run it is possible but unless they intend to do a second rocket run that would be tight to have completed by November so maybe they went with two lots (50 wafers) and that would give them more chips upfront.

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:20:44 AM

FYPFY.  Lots are generally 25 not 2 wafers. 

IceDrill has bought 250 TH/s of gear.  At a nominal 400 GH/s per chip that is 625 chips.  They sold another 550 direct and will have to allocate up to 2,200 more for the MPP.  So up to 3,375 chips are already allocated.   

That all adds up !

Hashfast have said they will announce multi chip devices in November, and the MPP chips could come from a 2nd production run perhaps ?

IceDrill indicated they were not given the MPP it was for "retail" customers only and they also indicated they will take delivery of raw chips directly. 

As for a second run it is possible but unless they intend to do a second rocket run that would be tight to have completed by November so maybe they went with two lots (50 wafers) and that would give them more chips upfront.

They have to save chips for the MPP incase things do go wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't want to be in a position where they offered this program but are unable to honor it because they didn't have the chips.

I know, right?  And another batch of chips for warranty & repair ... oh, wait, is the warranty still ten days? Cheesy
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:37:50 AM

They have to save chips for the MPP incase things do go wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't want to be in a position where they offered this program but are unable to honor it because they didn't have the chips.

Not necessarily.  I assume that is the purpose of the 90 days... so they have time to order and receive MPP chips.  It might also provide some clarity as to why it is based on the initial delivery date... so they have all the needed data to be able to stock the MPP appropriately.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:03:49 PM

The way I see is say for example you get your rig by November 15th 2013. And you mine it for 90 days (until it "comes and goes" - the word they used on their example). At the end of the 90 day if you still haven't made ROI, then you request the MPP with them and they will calculate (by just looking at the difficulty history) to see if November 15, 2013 + 90days was enough to make ROI from. If it wasn't enough, then they will give you enough hashing power (up to 4x) to you.

Say they will give you 3 chips. Then you either pay them for PCB/assembly/delivery (1.3k - 2k) or you can just send it off (with delivery fee) to your chosen 3rd party PCB/rig maker. And that's that. If you don't make ROI after that then you never will.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:03:13 PM

The way I see is say for example you get your rig by November 15th 2013. And you mine it for 90 days (until it "comes and goes" - the word they used on their example). At the end of the 90 day if you still haven't made ROI, then you request the MPP with them and they will calculate (by just looking at the difficulty history) to see if November 15, 2013 + 90days was enough to make ROI from. If it wasn't enough, then they will give you enough hashing power (up to 4x) to you.

Say they will give you 3 chips. Then you either pay them for PCB/assembly/delivery (1.3k - 2k) or you can just send it off (with delivery fee) to your chosen 3rd party PCB/rig maker. And that's that. If you don't make ROI after that then you never will.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

yes, this is the way i understand it as well.

the only small clarification is that they are going to err to the high side for your benefit.  if, for instance, you bought one unit and the HF calc comes back that you actually needed 2.5 chips to have broken even, then they are going to mail you 3 chips as they really DO want their miners to win this game even if it comes at their expense.  

it's a good long term strategy.

AussieHash

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:10:15 PM

Cyberdoc, are the MPP chips based on what we _would_ have needed to have broken even on our investment at time of delivery delivery, rather than what we need now (90day later) to break even from here. 
In 90 days time the difficulty might have gone up 441% (genesis block calc)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:32:54 PM

Cyberdoc, are the MPP chips based on what we _would_ have needed to have broken even on our investment at time of delivery delivery, rather than what we need now (90day later) to break even from here. 

I think what you're asking is if there is a cap on the MPP?   There is.
AussieHash

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

Actually having read their MPP page it is mostly clear, that they base the MPP chips on what you would have needed from the beginning to mine your purchase price.  Having said that they give an example of paying 50btc, mining only 25btc and in return they give you +2 GN chips  Huh
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:41:29 PM

Actually having read their MPP page it is mostly clear, that they base the MPP chips on what you would have needed from the beginning to mine your purchase price.  Having said that they give an example of paying 50btc, mining only 25btc and in return they give you +2 GN chips  Huh

For that level of detail you're going to have to ask the company.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:40:13 PM

Additional Babyjets released due to non receipt of wires.

Other very good news coming.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: