Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119549 times)
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 02:57:05 AM

The chips are alright!

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/408717508330270720

2:00 PM - 5 Dec 13

@HashFast

GN chip bringup - Both the temperature and voltage sensors have now been shown to work!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:09:24 AM

Hashfast are you ever going to answer the questions people had about your refund policy and blatant TOS editing? Or are you just brushing it off and pretending you can't read?
Wesly

Activity: 185

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:30:27 AM

who is AMT? never heard of them nor think they have a trust level which allow it to be listed on this high position in the table.

ASIC Miners in hand. They run auctions here and 180GH/s end at around 4.5-5BTC.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355755.0

Actually AMT stands for Advanced Mining Technology.  You can read about them in their thread below.  They claimed to have started shipping, but there has been no photos or videos posted by their customers.  Their 1.2TH miner is now $6000 and 'expect' to ship next February.  They will accept credit card/paypal for their low end miner, but not the 1.2TH model.  They welcome you to visit their office, but stated they may or may not have a miner to show you.  The whole thing is just very bizarre and smell of a scam.  There is no reason to even brother with them when there are more and more legitimate bitcoin mining options available.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.300
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:01:59 AM

The chips are alright!

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/408717508330270720

2:00 PM - 5 Dec 13

@HashFast

GN chip bringup - Both the temperature and voltage sensors have now been shown to work!

Congratulations, the IP you licensed works after all!
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 03:02:34 AM

https://twitter.com/HashFast

GN chip bringup - first production chips will be ready for pickup Saturday 3pm.

Join us for our LIVE drawing to determine the winner of the FREE Baby Jet, tomorrow, December 7, at 1:00 PM PST!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hashfast-drawing-for-free-baby-jet

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:12:54 PM

Looks like Baby Jets will be closer to 500GH than 400GH!   Shocked

https://hashfast.com/hashfast-announces-fastest-bitcoin-mining-chip-in-the-world/

HashFast Announces Fastest Bitcoin Mining Chip in the World!

Posted on December 13, 2013
    by Janielle Denier   
    in Baby Jet, Blog, Development, Golden Nonce ASIC, News, Rig Assembly   

HALF A TERRAHASH/s (500GH/s) on a single chip.

HashFast ASIC Golden Nonce- Half a Terrahash Complete bitcoin mining system as found in the BabyJet

This result was achieved during the bringup process of HashFast’s GN chip and module. The engineering team are progressively testing the system, and have not yet reached the full speeds the system was designed for. We expect to see better results over the next few days.
This milestone represents a breakthrough in Bitcoin mining technology and is several times faster than existing Bitcoin mining chips. We are starting volume production of mining systems now.
Stay tuned for further speed results.

Kind regards,

Simon Barber

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:15:54 PM

Am I the only one to find this HF bragging about speed increase insulting to intelligence? @HF_CL: It is totally irrelevant if chip hashes at 300, 500 or 700 GHs. It will mine >50% of it's lifetime returns in the first 2 months or less of it's total mining life. The position of these 2 months on the timescale determine the total value of the product, so the only important thing for all of us about your product is it's shipping date. Correction: other important thing is shipping speed, since it can also mess with a few days of mining. Hashing speed is totally irrelevant, since 25% increase is worthless because it is negatively compensated at least that much when difficulty increases >25% every 11 days. I know there's no way you don't understand these simple facts, so yours "Wov, 550GHs!" makes me really offended. Do you really think you are dealing with idiots?

No, you are not. Let me crosspost your post so that the useless marketing bs perpetrated by our community liaison has no effect on this thread as well.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:00:16 PM

Who cares? You're months late.

HashFast customers will be pleasantly surprised by a free 25% boost in mining speed.

We anticipate shipping batch one before our deadline at the end of the month.  Otherwise, refunds will be issued.

Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:08:08 PM

We anticipate shipping batch one before our deadline at the end of the month.  Otherwise, refunds will be issued.
Deadline for refunds is (was?) based on delivery date, not shipping one. Wink

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:10:17 PM

HashFast customers will be pleasantly surprised by a free 25% boost in mining speed.

Am I the only one to find this HF bragging about speed increase insulting to intelligence?

color: red was beaten by background-color: lightgreen.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:13:37 PM

Conversely, HashFast customers are unpleasantly disgusted by having their orders shipped 2 months late.

Don't forget...you marketed different prices based on delivery date.

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:42:19 PM

don't take it personally HashFast_CL, I'm sure you are a nice person and just want to do your job right. Your boss released you in a desperate situation. We are just a few pranked guys who lacerate everthing thats thrown in their direction. We made wrong decisions, based on false promises, resulting in a significant loss for all early believers in HashFast.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:57:19 PM

don't take it personally HashFast_CL, I'm sure you are a nice person and just want to do your job right. Your boss released you in a desperate situation. We are just a few pranked guys who lacerate everthing thats thrown in their direction. We made wrong decisions, based on false promises, resulting in a significant loss for all early believers in HashFast.

Significant loss meaning about USD 30k per box your company sold. I guess it should be easy to put in perspective, for each person you talk with, look up how many units they have on hold and calculate how long it would take to earn back that money by doing whatever they are paying you. That should give you an idea of how irritated people are getting.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:02:38 AM

Conversely, HashFast customers are unpleasantly disgusted by having their orders shipped 2 months late.

Don't forget...you marketed different prices based on delivery date.

First Question: What was the proportional difficulty increase from Mid-October Till now??

Second Question: What did a BJ cost back then?

Third Question: What does a batch sold today cost?

When you have those answers, you will know what HF should be increasing every chip they deliver by to compensate customers for ongoing losses. Somehow I don't think 25% will cover the difference.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:08:07 AM

You know what, we are maybe a few pranked guys, but we surely won't lacerate if HF throws to us some sort of meaningful compensation instead of this "Wov, 500GHs!" marketing b***s***, which adds insult to financial injury. How about shipping BabyJet upgrades immediately with batch #1 BabyJets instead of shipping them later? How about shipping complete Sierra instead of bare bone motherboards for MPP? Do we have to think about those things or it is a HF marketing department job to think about some ways of improving customer relations buy acting in customers interest even if it significantly reduces HF profit from batch #1? Isn't it logical to give up some batch #1 profit to compensate their most worthy customers (we jump-started their company) after HF spectacularly screwed delivery time?
Micky25
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:25:58 AM

^ These are all totally valid points and remedies - but why should they do it? Returning customers? Reputation? Totally archaic.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:34:28 AM

^ These are all totally valid points and remedies - but why should they do it? Returning customers? Reputation? Totally archaic.
I think that they do have a good idea of what is gonna happen on the legal side once that it will be evident to everyone how much they screwed us by delaying the MPP as well. Everyone, and by everyone i mean everyone, will want to sue HF. I'm not day dreaming, it's the plain and simple truth.

Micky25
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

as much as I want to believe in what you say, this topic is far too squishy that any judge or lawyer would even dip his little toe into it. HF knows this, as well as any other cryptocoin ASIC company, just look at their ever-changing fantasy-TOS.  BFL showed the way, Avalon followed, others mimicked, until it finally became culture.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:53:58 AM

as much as I want to believe in what you say, this topic is far too squishy that any judge or lawyer would even dip his little toe into it. HF knows this, as well as any other cryptocoin ASIC company, just look at their ever-changing fantasy-TOS.  BFL showed the way, Avalon followed, others mimicked, until it finally became culture.
Who cares about this topic? I won't ever reference this topic, that's for sure... And btw, given the right amount of "willingness", this thread isn't that bad to read.

HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:03:23 AM

You know what, we are maybe a few pranked guys, but we surely won't lacerate if HF throws to us some sort of meaningful compensation instead of this "Wov, 500GHs!" marketing b***s***, which adds insult to financial injury. How about shipping BabyJet upgrades immediately with batch #1 BabyJets instead of shipping them later? How about shipping complete Sierra instead of bare bone motherboards for MPP? Do we have to think about those things or it is a HF marketing department job to think about some ways of improving customer relations buy acting in customers interest even if it significantly reduces HF profit from batch #1? Isn't it logical to give up some batch #1 profit to compensate their most worthy customers (we jump-started their company) after HF spectacularly screwed delivery time?

As a Batch One customer, I fully understand the anxiety and frustration of watching my BTC ROI dwindle as difficulty rises.

Of course ROI in fiat is an entirely different story and a source of much consolation.   Tongue

500GH per second is an engineering fact, not "marketing" BS.

Another engineering fact is that only a finite and very limited number of Batch One chips exist.

HashFast cannot use magic or wishes to create more, so shipping extra capacity is impossible until more chips are ready.

MPP chips have already been paid for and are being fabricated. 

Once our production line is complete, meaningful estimates for MPP shipping dates may be anticipated. 

While it has been a long process, we are nearing the end of the beginning!

Best,

-HF_CL

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: