Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:55:50 PM

Won't see the Baby Jet's till after new years. All shipping companies are so busy right now you won't get anything unless it is hand delivered by HF. I ordered a water block last week and due to shipping problems FedEx won't deliver till after Christmas.

Nonsense. I get orders from amazon every day, on time. Weather delayed a few of my packages by one day but all three big shippers have been doing fine.
You won't get a baby jet till after New Years because they won't have any to ship.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:07:26 AM

Well, they don't have to refund ALL batch 1 customers. Just what's not delivered on time IF customer request it. But it's better to hold shipping until they can deliver a QUALITY product. Otherwise, they don't want to deliver a both late and failing product! At this points is way better for them to take the hit with whatever refunds are necessary so that at least Batch 2 people can get a nice product and they can place orders again in the future after the learnings of this phase. The worst shit HF wants is to fail on both ends. The don't want to repeat Butterfly Labs story !!
Rebuilding REPUTATION is KING. Rushing shitty products is NOT.

Nonsense, low quality product shipped on time is much better than high quality product shipped late. Difficulty increases 30% every 11 days. There's no sense in trying to achieve higher hash rates when they get negated by difficulty increases immediately. Ship underperforming miners, but ship them NOW.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:26:29 AM

I think if they shipped something now, you would all be very disappointed as it wouldn't work at all. At least let them finish the things.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:55:41 AM

Pre-tweet from Senior de Casto

@ fabrication plant.  1st production run testing going well  Smiley

Longer version coming Soon!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:35:56 AM

Check out the video just posted on how a Golden Nonce Motherboard is assembled.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIXMy7LnBeQ

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
amer

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:44:25 AM

I wish you guys didn't promise December so we could enjoy that video as much as you do. It's very impressive.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:47:06 AM

Enjoy!

Please post more videos for the next 2-3 months, so we KNC customers can mine for longer with almost no competition.
You are doing great  Wink
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:17:00 AM

Enjoy!

not once did that video show any hashing??   
I guess the software ain't shipping but the boards pass the visual test

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:02:37 AM

I wish you guys didn't promise December so we could enjoy that video as much as you do. It's very impressive.

The chip shooter and wave solder are my favorite parts! 

joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:58:53 AM

The chip shooter and wave solder are my favorite parts! 

Whatever happened to the Eduardo Tweet? And Saturday shipping?

Can we get some real transparency?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:27:49 AM

Enjoy!

cool optimistic soundtrack. full of energy! is it Caribbean style? Eduardo's idea?  Grin

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:45:53 PM

So, if hashfast doesn't ship by the Dec 31 deadline they will issue refunds.  Refunds per the ToS will be paid in USD based on USD paid or BTC exchange rate at the time of purchase.  If refunds are issued what happens to all the machines?  What if I want to keep my order and have it ship on January 1st or next October like my BFL's.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:16:34 PM

So, if hashfast doesn't ship by the Dec 31 deadline they will issue refunds.  Refunds per the ToS will be paid in USD based on USD paid or BTC exchange rate at the time of purchase.
That version of the ToS is now the one we agreed on. Refund will have to be of the same BTC value. BTC in, BTC out.
Sources:
[1] forum posts from HF in August
[2] member visiting HF office two months ago that asked specifically for this point, and was assured that refund would have been in BTC

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:47:56 PM

Yet another company that flopped on promises? Sad
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:20:08 PM

Yet another company that flopped on promises? Sad

Depends on how you read their promises.  
They are pulling some of the same plays out of established play books... i.e.  similar to "Shipping after 2 months!" could mean 6 months later and not technically be lying.

Looks like they are geared to do the minimum of what they are legally obligated to provide... time will tell.
machinationus

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:46:05 AM

This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account.
 Dec 24
??

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:54:08 AM

They will probably get one unit working in a broken state before December 31st so they can claim the deadline was met.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 8424

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:13:29 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 08:29:26 AM by gmaxwell

They will probably get one unit working in a broken state before December 31st so they can claim the deadline was met.
Ha. Some people expressed that kind of pessimism up-thread and it was rapidly pointed out that doing something that overly dishonest would be a Christmas present since it would remove any doubt over if they were acting in good faith or not. There is no way thats going to happen.

Probably the hardest thing to come to grips with is that the world isn't really stuffed full of manically cackling villains— though I suppose there are a few.  The mess for batch 1 HF customers is probably not a result of some great evil plot, and they almost certainly aren't about to ship miners full of kryptonite, regardless of how awesome a scene it would make "Bitcoin: The Movie".

If you're trying to guess what might happen, you'd probably be best of imagining a bunch of well intentioned people getting caught behind and making a heroic effort to make it all right. Even if thats not completely true, you can be darn sure they'll do their best to make it appear to be.
Hoofprint

Activity: 428

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:25:29 AM

Ha. Some people expressed that kind of pessimism up-thread and it was rapidly pointed out that doing something that overly dishonest would be a Christmas present since it would remove any doubt over if they were acting in good faith or not. There is no way thats going to happen.

Probably the hardest thing to come to grips with is that the world isn't really stuffed full of manically cackling villains— though I suppose there are a few.  The mess for batch 1 HF customers is probably not a result of some great evil plot, and they almost certainly aren't about to ship miners full of kryptonite, regardless of how awesome a scene it would make "Bitcoin: The Movie".

If you're trying to guess what might happen, you'd probably be best of imagining a bunch of well intentioned people getting caught behind and making a heroic effort to make it all right. Even if thats not completely true, you can be darn sure they'll do their best to make it appear to be.

Valid point, but i much prefer to think of Failfast sitting in a boardroom coming up with a plan like this one from Deathandtaxes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.msg3936006#msg3936006

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:35:10 AM

plenty of scoundrels in business..  where ya been?

HashFast only had good intentions towards themselves from the get go

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: