Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
emma46

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:36:47 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

That depends on whether we are effective or careless in taking care of out myetherwallet credentials. Of course, myetherewallet is a successful website that caters to the needs of it's clients and that include maintaining a secure website. So, it's all up to us now on whether we are able to maintain the security of our own accounts.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

I think this is quite safe with your wallet if you do not lose your USB or paper with your private key.
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:45:40 AM

The most important thing is not to shine anywhere with your private key from your wallet. If you do not light it anywhere, you can sleep peacefully. Basically, people lose their money because of phishing sites, which they go to and they enter their private key from the wallet. After that, all the funds from their wallet disappear.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:56:21 AM

that's what often interrupts my sleep. can myetherwallet be hacked? but myetherwallet it using keystore, whether the hacker can understand our keystore? if the password, maybe hackers can break it, but I'm not sure if the hacker could break into the keystore.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:58:20 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
You're funds are safely stored in blockchain and secured by etherwallet. If no one will knew your private keys, still, you are safe. There maybe about 1% chance, but 99% no chance. Your private key is very long, and you said, your computer broke, and dont visit any phising sites. Goodluck.

altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:59:46 AM

MEW is very very unlikely to be hacked if and only if you are not so careful enough about it. The easiest way to get your MEW hacked is giving away your private key on a phishing site or even an airdrop when you accidentally give your Private Address instead of the Wallet Address. Always look for that MYETHERWALLET LLC (US), an SSL security for MEW that tells you that the site you're visiting is really the legit one.

sisira85

Activity: 394

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:47:10 PM

Your funds are safe in MEW as long as your keys are safe Grin
you have to be very careful with your private key keep it very safe and  Cry.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Omnopon)

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:21:12 PM

Always the biggest danger is phishing sites, since you will not go to them - I think everything is safe
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:30:59 PM

Your personal account may get hacked. You should check the URL, if it is really myetherwallet or not. They are providing many cautions on their website, follow them. In theory, it may also be hacked, but note that you are actually using a tool to open an offline wallet.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 03:51:13 PM by ihsanskanzaone

myetherwallet is created for the security of your criptocurrency storage, but the security created will be useless if the owner is not careful in maintaining the private key and you should stay away from the phishing site because hackers can usually hack your account through this site so that the user also a very role it is important to maintain the security of your criptocurrency.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:35:31 PM

MEW doesnt store your funds,blockchain is if the hackers hack myetherwallet they wont get anything because they need to break blockchain's security to get your funds thats not possible to happen.

Jumli

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:54:19 PM

All things can be hacked if for example hackers smart. So we have to anticipate in advance by doing a good and regular security because at this time myetherwallet wallet is hacked because most of the mistakes from the owner's own careless
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:14:20 PM

I think myethwerwallet is pretty safe, but most people do lose their money because of their own carelessness in managing their private key, I hope no one else is exposed to such a situation
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 11:26:48 PM

I see you're kinda paranoid right now, lol! MyEther per se wouldn't have any major probs. The only way your coins could be taken is if you carelessly showed your pkeys to someone else. This person can have access to your account if this happens. But your coins should be safe. Use a mobile for the meantime while your pc is down.

Dewao

Activity: 337

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:44:07 PM

If you have your private keys and you didn't tell other that is safe, no one can access your MyEtherWallet  and can't get your funds.
So we need to keep it our private keys, as this depends on the safety of our funds.
NyLymZbl

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:49:01 PM

Your funds will not be lost in MEW as long as you always keep your private key safe, because that's the most important thing of all. I've appriciated what you did to make a hard copy of your Private key. I'll do that too.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:35:51 AM

yes your wallet will be safe even if you don't have personal computer but as long as you have your private key you can access it even in any computer. but be careful when using public computer or your friends/any computer you will never know what they have in their computer.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:42:34 AM

If you give the private key you will be hacked, just make sure that you dont tell anyone your private key
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:42:56 AM

All things can be hacked if for example hackers smart. So we have to anticipate in advance by doing a good and regular security because at this time myetherwallet wallet is hacked because most of the mistakes from the owner's own careless
It is difficult to attack MyLelfwallet because it is highly secure with powerful tools and utilities integrated on the system. Please save your private key and UTC files as carefully as possible so that you will not lose them later. The use of the MEW wallet is very convenient and effective.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:14:57 AM

As I know my ETH always save if you keep the private key for your self.
So.. Even your computer was broke you still can check your ETH from other pc as long as you still have your private key. And your funds is still save.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: