Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:07:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4209 times)
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:33:21 PM

MEW is kinda like a hardware wallet, if you have keys you have everything. Don't worry

CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:46:19 PM

For sure it can. MyEtherWallet not a bank! and it tolds you about it. One of my friend lost his money from MEW, because of viruses. So I recommend you just be safe keep your private key very safe.
kristensoto

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Myetherwallet is the target of many hackers all around the world because most altcoins can be stored in MEW, so it is the biggest target of cryptos hackers,  however MEW is not easy to hack, it is changing and evolving everyday, i dont say it is impossible for hackers to hack MEW but they may change users to phising site and make them give private key easily.

Adil Amim

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:57:47 PM

My Ether Wallet is the safest wallet, no one can hacked easily as long as your private keys are secure and you don't share it with anyone. So you have to be very careful about your private keys.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

computer hacker might works with their strategy as spreading script with the function as copying extract of initial type of files to work as running as the beginning of attachment of usb stick to the port of cpu,
as the additional function might be of one as capturing the text file type (notepad,dll) and push with the request to connects to ftp server with the hosting of script as uploading files and becoming publish in internet with the selection of order commands as those might be of one with the different option of ftp upload from the script switches hosted with the server, with the http request to call from the hosted script or more with the different function from library as establishing connection through the different arrange of lines from the non web base script hosted with the online server.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:13:20 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
It's a wallet that is online so yes...the wallet can get hacked is someone has access to the private keys or the wallet password.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:20:08 PM

Always remember to store your private key in a secured storage. save it in the usb or wrote it down. It's very impossible to hack MyEther wallet unless you got phishing site.
gangem07

Activity: 598

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:21:09 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
It's a wallet that is online so yes...the wallet can get hacked is someone has access to the private keys or the wallet password.

Yes it is possible that myetherwallet get hacked..Like mine i suddenly click the phising sites after 5 days when i checked my MEW all my eth is stolen..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:55:09 AM

As long as you own the private keys your money is safe.
Take into your consideration that the coins are not in your etherwallet nor in any other kind of wallet.
The wallet stores the address the private keys and encrypts them if you use a password.
All your money are stored in the blockchain.
Having the private key you prove that the coins belong to you and that you have the right to send them wherever you wish.
Condoriano

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:15:29 AM

Yes, it can be hacked. You have to be careful when accessing websites and trying to open some files. Someone might try to keylogged you or someone might have an access on your account. Don't stop being little cautious even with other people coz they just might copy your private Key.

radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:25:34 AM

Read your post again:
Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick.
I wrote it also down on a piece of paper.
Everything else is irrelevant, as long as you can access private keys you are fine.
If you haven't had keylogger while you were printing these keys chance for someone to hack your paper wallet/offline usb stick = 0%.
Bonus777

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:30:33 AM

If you have not seen your private key from MEW anywhere, then you have nothing to worry about. 99% of hacking is due to the fact that people show their private key. Therefore, I think that you have nothing to worry about.

CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:30:46 AM

For sure every platform and wallet can be hacked. I can advice you : Do not hold all money in one wallet, hold part of it on exchanges. Remember MEW not a bank.
Restenlo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:35:14 AM

Not unless you visit the phishing websites and put your private key there or your pc is infected.
hali1994

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:36:25 AM

always log in using Trezor or keep your keystore file extremely safe.
Since we're using an online system everything is at a risk but the chances are less
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:42:15 AM

Myetherwallet is a web wallet that needs a private key to access your digital tokens stored in it. All your tokens will be safe there as long as you will not lose your private key and your UTC backup file or unless you are careless enough to get hooked on a phishing site.

RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:43:25 AM

Your funds are safe even you dont check it for a while because you have no PC, unless someone else found out your private keys where you hide it, but as long as youre the one knows your private keys even if it take a year to check your ether wallet your funds is safe there.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:50:53 AM

Nothing is hack-proof unless you disconnect your computer from the internet completely! With all these keyloggers around and new malware specifically targeting ways of stealing your altcoins and bitcoins you need to ensure your private keys are safe

kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:53:53 AM

Myetherwallet cannot be hacked unless you're computer has been compromised by hijackers and hackers like changing your memory every time you're going to send some coins into another wallet or some things like that. Myetherwallet is one of the safest and more secured wallet except your computer has virus in it.
Minotus

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:56:20 AM

Well it’s possible of course. We are talking about crypto after all. Myetherwallet is a useful wallet that’s easy to use. You just need to be careful with where you are putting your keys in.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: