Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4210 times)
typeplus

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:56:42 AM

Imagine a world where crypto was your only money and if it were stolen you couldnt eat or pay your bills? Anyone else just a little paranoid already? I know its got to me lately.
kaloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:58:14 AM

Myetherwallet is a web wallet that needs a private key to access your digital tokens stored in it. All your tokens will be safe there as long as you will not lose your private key and your UTC backup file or unless you are careless enough to get hooked on a phishing site.

Indeed, some users claim they're hacked because they're not to careful to protect their wallet keys.
In my own advice, always raise your firewall and install good anti virus to protect your computer from remote attacks and hacks. And also don't use free Wi-Fi on making transactions, unsecured wifi networks will expose your informant traffic into hackers.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:02:11 AM

Imagine a world where crypto was your only money and if it were stolen you couldnt eat or pay your bills? Anyone else just a little paranoid already? I know its got to me lately.

That would be the most tragic thing that will happen if you're not careful on handling your wallet keys, that's why investors are now using hardware wallet in order to secure and have peace of mind. If you're holding hundreds of thousands of dollars while your digital wallet information isn't secured then you gotta face possible problems later on.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:08:15 AM

i'm wondering an other think.

is there any way to know if my myetherwallet was hacked? I try to explain better. Right now on it i have only 200$ in token..maybe an hacker have gained access to my mew and wait that i put more token on it...

So, i can i know if there was some not allowed access?
slimfit88

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:09:17 AM

i think if you save UTC file in usb, and you wrote it also down on a piece of paper, thats make your wallet more secure, and  of course there is no problem if you don't open your computer, you never lost your coins/ money. better you add internet anti virus and computer anti virus for make safest
boss82_big

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:16:05 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
There is no reason to worry if all the keys with you and you did not show them and did not enter on another computer, this wallet is well protected so you can be calm
typeplus

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:18:38 AM

That would be the most tragic thing that will happen if you're not careful on handling your wallet keys, that's why investors are now using hardware wallet in order to secure and have peace of mind. If you're holding hundreds of thousands of dollars while your digital wallet information isn't secured then you gotta face possible problems later on.

My friend actually "got hacked" while waiting for his Trezor to arrive  Cry Also others purchasing them off ebay have faced scams where the codes were already scratched. as the value goes up people are just going to get more crafty with this stuff. Sad really.
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:28:52 AM

If you are not entering your private keys in a malicious site or a hacked site, your account is 100% safe. The only reason hackers have access to your wallet account is that you put your private key in their hands.

Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:30:54 AM

So far there was no report of myetherwallet hacked as long as you have bookmarked the official myetherwallet site your funds are safe you bookmarked it so there will be no confusion if your tokens is hacked it is because of your neglect
Cactushrt

Activity: 952
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:40:28 AM

It can be hacked if other people have access on your private key or json but it's impossible to be hacked even if they know your password.

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

Yes any website can be hacked, there is no guarantee. However your funds are safe as long as you are not going to share the Private key.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Tondya

Activity: 546

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:44:31 AM

You can be hacked only if you show you private keys on gfshing sites , or another places. Itself Myetherwallet is very safe wallet.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:46:17 AM

I think that any technology created with the help of software code can be hacked. Just keep your secret key safe, so that no one else knows about it Wink

superloy

Activity: 126

#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

Taking good responsibility on your myetherwallet will eliminate it being hacked because you are the only one who could provide protection of your wallet information or keys.
Don't let anyone can access your computer or your backup storage in order to keep your assets safe.

AliCris

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

Attack on your wallet is possible, attackers can simply write a program that will methodically sort through private keys. But such a probability is very small, so just hide your keys further.
superloy

Activity: 126

#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:53:26 AM

You can be hacked only if you show you private keys on gfshing sites , or another places. Itself Myetherwallet is very safe wallet.

I do believe that myetherwallet cannot be hacked and everytime you are going to access your wallet name sure the site is properly typed to avoid wallet exposure into hackers or hijackers.
You are the responsible for your own wallet and keys because myetherwallet has been giving warnings to the users that they are not responsible of in case your assets are lost.

Conquermountains

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:06:08 PM

Yes its possible, you have to be careful with the hackers nowadays, Always make sure that you give your public address and the private keys.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:07:09 PM

It is highly unlikely that it can be hacked, as the private key is with you it is almost impossible to hack. Just don't lose your private key, always keep your private key in a safe place, so that nobody can get hold of it.

Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:32:16 PM

MyEtherWallet is still a site/platform though, so it can be hacked if someone could. But I think the security of myetherwallet is too good to be hacked easily by someone, and you can still avoid these by doing what they suggest you to do with your access to your wallet.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:52:14 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Yes, so you should be responsible for your private key because when someone else knows that they can open your wallet. But if no one knows your private key. they can not open your wallet

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: