Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
deean_3one

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:55:11 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
The possibilities can be very small hacked. I think myetherwallet is very safe, there is a key can only be used by users.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:05:14 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 03:10:56 PM by semobo

There are lots of threads created with the same question.so it is better to explore the forum before creating the topic.

MEW wallets can't be hacked unless you keep your private keys in a secure place.The secure place means in an offline drive or in paper.you don't have to store private keys in online drive or even in your computer because the phising links can steal your private keys from computer.
taongam

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:20:04 PM

There are lots of threads created with the same question.so it is better to explore the forum before creating the topic.

MEW wallets can't be hacked unless you keep your private keys in a secure place.The secure place means in an offline drive or in paper.you don't have to store private keys in online drive or even in your computer because the phising likns can steal your private keys from computer.

Yes , i agree ! There are lots of threads created with the same question !
--
Myetherwallet are safe to use. It is not easy to hacked. Until your private key still safe no one can get your coin. One simple thing to keep your private key safe!
saint_casanova

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:21:47 PM

It can if you careless and input your private key in the fishing attack.
s4mp1nt0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:22:07 PM

you account is safe if you don't gave your secret/private key to anyone. mew is unhackable as of now.
just don't give your private key you don't need to worry about it.

sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:27:03 PM

Yes its possible, you have to be careful with the hackers nowadays, Always make sure that you give your public address and the private keys.

I assume this is a typo?
Always make sure you give your address AND the private keys? What are you talking about Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:32:04 PM

Thats why we recommend to use hardware wallets, hardware wallets are super safe.
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:43:18 PM

Myetherwallet is the very secure wallet. And it's very difficult due to the private key.As you seen that in private keys totally 64 character including numbers.so i think it's impossible to hack the myetherwallet.But if you share your private keys with any other person then he/she can access you account and they can also withdraw your money.so i suggest you to never share your private key with any person.
blackhart7

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:46:03 PM

yes it is safe ... but don't trust 100% ..and never give your private keys to anyone
DedvTapkax

Activity: 420

Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:51:21 PM

yes it is safe ... but don't trust 100% ..and never give your private keys to anyone

it's right, you can not tell your private keys to other people. And forever you need to check on the right site whether you enter your password or your private key.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
GaPR

Activity: 356
Merit: 13

coinBusiness / Gapur Ozdoev

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:54:56 PM

Any account, site or anything else that has a password or keys, in theory, can be hacked.  Therefore, a cool purse will be more reliable.  Each individually chooses, which is more convenient.

{Dev coinBusiness -  🔹0x7bbd8533A9096d490B378f4c8fB226Fc0e05FdEb🔹 , }
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:00:45 PM

If their Website is your concern, It's seems impossible to happen because I think their website are secured. But if you mean that your fund in MEW, yes it is possible to lose it when others get your Private key. So you should take good care of it.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 02:17:32 PM

the function as capturing the character text with the returns of typing or pasting from records might be followed on appeals as user of ecash to apply customs of personal security strategy according situation with the computer and network.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:23:42 PM

If you exposed your private key for your myetherwallet then you will get hacked and your funds is at risk and it can be stole by the hackers and you will only see 0 balance from your account. There is a lot of things that they are doing in order to hack some myetherwallet like phishing so be careful when you use some site because phishing sites are everywhere.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
coinman45

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:26:07 PM

Careless can get you hacked no matter what wallet you will be using. MEW is safe unless your private key is compromised. You must keep your key safe.
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:34:29 PM

I use MyEtherWallet all the time and I never had a problem.
Protect your private keys, that is the most important and be careful is it the real site you are going to. Never open link someone send it to you.

Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:49:43 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Your money will be safe. The failure of your computer to store them will not affect)
angohanta

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:51:58 PM

Well obviously it can, anything put online is at risk of getting hacked, considering myetherwallet handles a coin with massive value (ETH) + all the new ico's that are being added. I have my MEW account, but I'm planning to install a local ethereum wallet instead. It's safer to hold my coins that way. or maybe  get a ledger nano s.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:00:20 PM

anything is possible these days..if your wallet is online there is a big chance it can be hacked. if you have more than enough money it is advisable to invest on hard wallets or offline wallets. as long as you dont loose your private keys then you are safe with your coins.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:02:16 PM

it's very difficult to hack myetherwallet since the source code is public and anyone can review it.

and your funds are safe because MEW don't store private keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: