Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
biticotalk

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:36:51 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Change your wallet every time and then there will be no problems, this is a simple and effective advice for any newcomer. This should help you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:56:54 PM

As long you keep your private key and Keystore file somewhere safe from someone, you definitely have no problem and it will be secured for sure. However, I suggest that you should type myetherwallet.com manually instead of clicking a link somewhere.

There are some malicious links which most newbies think that it is from the My Ether Wallet, which is not. Make sure you also double check the SSL name (MYETHERWALLET US LLC) before entering any details.

Just my two satoshis. Cheesy

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:00:18 PM

It wont happen unless you are careless with your password and your private key.. Hackers can make a phishing site that will trigger to hack your account. The best move that you can do is store your private key safe that no one ever touch that even a single letter.
svobodnyi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:05:21 PM

Recently, MEW was hacked from the official site sent to a hacker site, where when entering a private key it was stored by hackers. So it's better not to go from the official site, but always with Metamask, and do not switch from the links sent to the mail.

Kitobe

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:08:12 PM

Even though My Ether Wallet is good and quite secured. It can be attacked and down anytime. So, it is always recommended to have a hardware wallet to store your coins.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
You have properly dine well and absolutely your money are safe. Usually people get hacked because they have using different PC in accessing their wallet and accidentally forgot to log-out. With that event, we can't make 100% assurance that you accnt will be safe. If ever that you have to access you account outside, it is better not to import your keys for it won't have a record on it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:16:02 PM

If you have saved your private keys and it is not shared with anyone and no one is able to access to your ether wallet other then you then I am sure you are safe because it can only be hacked if someone has a access to your private key and other information. I keep in funds in ledger wallet is safer. Just do not access to your MEW account from public computer or internet or do not enter your private key on Pishing sites it can be hacked like this.
Haley444

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:15:50 PM

It can be said that there are slight chances of it getting hacked, but still you cannot be careless about it. The best solution for you is to stay away from scams and do not trust anyone.
coinman45

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:07:06 AM

I am using MetaTask  and not directly going to the site. Yes, carelessness is the cause why people are being hacked. My question is would it be safe to use ledger nano when the key is already compromised?
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:22:50 AM

since your private key with you etherwallet not be hacked.keep private key safe , if private key known by hackers then your all funds will be lost. but i also believe everything on internet can hack. but the strength is depends , myetherwallet biggest disadvantage there is no password. so private key is the main thing. after some you will buy PC , but that not effect on your my etherwallet. but do not log in public places. best offline wallet is ledger nano but due to price and avaliability there will be a problem. if we do day trading then ledger nano is no use

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:49:23 AM

If you're not careful, any wallet is susceptible to getting hacked. There are many phishing sites out there and if you so happen to give out personal information or your private keys, then your wallet will get hacked despite the security provisions of myetherwallet. There are numerous reminders surrounding myetherwallet's site to help you become wary and cautious of getting your wallet hacked so it's your responsibility to be careful and to take care of your security.

siekeheros

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:52:42 AM

Is it possible yes, but as soon as you have your private keys, you can get em if they haven't been moved to another address.
bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:53:11 AM

There's just a little chance to hack myetherwallet, but it could be safer if you make sure not to give away your private key to anyone so that only you can have an access to your wallet.
kaigeta

Activity: 147
Merit: 27

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:55:08 AM

As long as they dont store your private keys its safe, Trezor only works with MEW as far as i know, so i hope thats the case.
jazz21

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:07:20 AM

yes of course Smiley if you share your private key.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:17:30 AM

I have a friend whose ether wallet was hacked at first he didn't notice that he log in into a fake ether wallet because he cannot almost see the difference later he found out that it  was hacked due to phishing site all their coin was lost and could not retrieve it anymore..he was so devastated now he made another wallet and this time he promise that he would be more careful in logging in and out

cryptomad77

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:19:33 AM

Anyone can hack myetherwallet platform, so opening myetherwallet with only a private key can make myetherwallet accessible. my recommendation is do not open myetherwallet with private key but use utc, most hacking happen using private key.
arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:19:39 AM

There's just a little chance to hack myetherwallet, but it could be safer if you make sure not to give away your private key to anyone so that only you can have an access to your wallet.
sometimes we are wrong in accessing MEW. many cases are exposed to phishing even though we have saved the mew safely. hopefully this will be our learning. all of that is important in the case of wallet. backup. and also membokmark site

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:24:57 AM

Your etherwallet can be scammed or can be hacked when you give your private key to other persons.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
MFY151

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:25:11 AM

Virtually myetherwallet or to be precise your wallent security details is almost next to impossible to brute force hack since it is made that way and the only way for hackers to access your account is through phishing sites or having to manually get your details by any chance.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: