Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:13:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
StacyKo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:07:26 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Honestly I am not a good in this technology but i believe that everything on the internet can be hack.
Well if your doubt, you should not place your funds in one basket. You can create another MEW and divide your funds.
I think you are right about hacking on the net. Thank you for your advices! I'm sure they'll help a lot of people to save their funds.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arhikrytoy

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:11:00 PM

Your money is safe. The wallet is very reliable, and it's almost impossible to hack it.
darklighter007

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:41:59 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Your funds are safe in MEW as long as your private keys are safe. To avoid being hacked do not share your private key, do not click any suspicious links and make sure you are not on a phishing site before you access your wallet.
   If you have no intention of carrying out a transaction and you just want to view your tokens, it is best to use etherscan to reduce the rate at which you login to your account and consequently the chances of being hacked.
   If you are still skeptical about having a web-based wallet, you can download a wallet app OR take the best option of getting a hardware wallet which you've already done.

nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:56:02 PM

Myetherwallet doesnt store any of your private keys,its just a medium for you to be able to use blockchain easily,no one owns myetherwallet so no it cant be hacked,if it was hacked it will be the end of blockchain and all the crypto itself.

fairapptoken

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:03:20 PM

Unless you share your private keys with someone, your funds are safe. MyEtherWallet is an interface to allow people access their funds, but your ETH/tokens are stored into the blockchain and not in MEW itself
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:39:59 PM

Myetherwallet may be hacked but your fund can not be stolen since is not on myetherwallet. However, if you enter your private key on hacked myetherwallet website or any other phishing site, your entire fund will be stolen. So you must be careful  and always double check MEW address including been attentive to crypto news, FUD etc.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:44:22 PM

Your funds is still safe if you are the only one know the private key. No one could get your money easily if you keep your private key safe. You can use mobile phones to monitor your funds in your wallet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Nabobs Robi

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:52:00 PM

many people say about myetherwallet hacked.but how it,s possible?i can,t believe it.but many people account really hacked .there loss many token.and it for myetherwallet hacked..i am not sure about it.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:52:25 PM

Yes, your ether wallet can be hacked if you don't take good care of your private keys. Nothing is safe through online that's why you need to secure your private keys. And bookmark the MyEtherWallet site to avoid to be a victim from fishing. You can use the UTC file to open your ether wallet. It's much safer because it uses two ways of accessing your wallet by UTC and password.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:01:28 PM

Can do it only if crack your wallet using an iron and a soldering iron, or if steal your private key.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:03:20 PM

Well, everything can be hacked anywhere any time. It is just a matter of resources. The question is: Is it wort the effort?  I believe not.

Just keep your private key safe and secure and everything will be OK. Check where are you going is it the real MyEtherWallet or some copy and you will do just fine.

Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:06:59 PM

HI!Nothing to wory bro,just clean ur's computer each day like i do this,becose u dont know where and when u can get key logger from ethernet,and yes with paper and usb stick it is good work,i think u are safe!

authorfriendly

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 09:50:46 PM

I read some complains about losing funds at MEW. Means something can be happen without your consent. Be vigilant always. Access your account thru your address not the key.
Sometimes the real mistakes was due to excitement to transtact you input the key instead of the address. Check before you copy and paste your address.

What happened to me was someone had a fake site with one letter different, which was googles first choice when I searched for MRW. when I first got MEW - so they got my password and stole  bunch of tokens from the real account
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:54:23 PM

Since it's a platform it is possible that it can be hacked,  but only in a slightly little chance. And you're asking if your wallet is safe, i'm pretty sure it is, just don't lose your private key and the 2nd key because without it, i don't know how else you can have access on your wallet.

You are right, myetherwallet can be hacked but there is only a very small chance for it to happen. I am using mew for a very long time and i did not get any problem on it holding my eth coins. The only way for you to be revealed is, if you accidentally log your wallet on a phishing site.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:35:13 PM

If some hacker decides to crack your wallet intentionally he will most probably do it. But what happened recently with the MEW - it was not hacking. Inattentive users gave their private keys to scammers by themselves at a phishing site. It was not hacking, it's a tricky phishing.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:12:03 PM

Assets and all token will be safe as long as your private was never exposed to anyone before, and you keep it safe now and not logging in any other computer especially in public places. you'll be fine and will be all complete once you get a new computer with you. Just to make sure that all your token are safe just pray that MYETHERWALLET site will not be hack by anyone too, as we all know we are using the wallet provided online and everything from the internet are possible for hackers!

P.S Electrum last week was the target of hackers which were able to steal your sensitive data which through JavaScript from the website they were able to steal your wallet, that's why I prefer also to disable JavaScript if possible in most of the websites as it's too vulnerable.
n1drow

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:15:36 PM

you should worry more about your private key security and not MEW, i doubt that it might get hacked
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:31:49 AM

I think maybe it could happen, because hackers are now so smart that the possibility of myetherwallet.com in the hack can happen
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:37:06 AM

Yes it is possible that your myethewallet and everyone's myetherwallet will get hacked by means of phishing. My friends myetherwallet has been hacked and his all tokens are stolen. Because he clicks a link in the slack channel not knowing that the link he clicks is not the original url of the myetherwallet , and in the blink of the eye all his coins in his wallet vanish. Even if you backup your private key there is still a possibilty that it can be hacked anytime.

Rayner77

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:41:38 AM

I appreciate all the information here. I have downloaded several PC and andoid wallets to spread out my coins to be sure that I don't lose everything all at once should I get hacked by any chance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: