Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:54:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4210 times)
mautenisis

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:55:32 AM

Myetherwallet.com is just acting as medium to the blockchain,mew doesnt store your funds but blockchain is,mew is a decentralized platform if mew will be hacked blockchain would be hacked too,so no mew cant be hacked but blockchain will be cracked by some quantum computers that doesnt exist yet.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
bononlines

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

Keep going. This will happen again :)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:08:51 AM

So as I understood MyEtherWallert is not storing your private keys or phrase, so if it gets hacked as a platform, your wallet will be secure as you are the person who holds it and not MEW

Hello world! Please join and help! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2861374)
triciaganda

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:27:34 AM

Of course it is possible to get hacked by someone ofcourse who specialize in that way.
Dilireba

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:34:30 AM

Tust be careful, don't disclose your private key to anyone. Always check the right website address. you done all of that, your myetherwallet is safe. You also need a good antivirus

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:57:00 AM

Of course it is possible to get hacked by someone ofcourse who specialize in that way.
Myetherwallet is one of the best wallets for altcoins and it is a popular wallet. Obviously, it can be hacked. Especially when it is not secured. Hackers are capable to get an account that has a weak security.
PolsterKave

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:58:08 AM

im really aware from being hacked from my ether wallet! do the primar malware prevention to dodge every possible infection
amaterazu

Activity: 407
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:59:29 AM

I think the chances are small. If the can of course already lots of losses experienced people because their income in MEW is missing. but it looks like security in MEW is pretty good and it's hard to burglarize.

█▐ ▏  DDCT  ▕ ▌   https://digitaldollarcoin.com/   ▕ ▌█
∎∎∎∎    The etherMillennium Coin of the Century    ∎∎∎∎
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:48:31 PM

First, we need to differentiate between a hack and a theft. Many assume that they are one and the same, but they are not. In a hack, information is extracted involuntarily, forcing the perpetrator to first take over your computer system, through brute force or more sophisticated methods, to access the sensitive data - that's not the case with theft by phishing sites.
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:55:31 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
I think if you want to be more secure, it's relatively safe to buy a hardware wallet.

Myetherwallet is a safe place to put your eth coins on it, there are a lot of traders who are trusting mew to hold their eth coins and me as well. Eth coins is multi encrypted and because of that, hackers will be having a hard time decrypting the code and that is the reason why most of the traders are using this wallet so do not worry.

CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:59:39 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
No it wont be hacked and you are safe right now. But if ever you are tempt to open it, just make sure that the website is correct, avoid phising sites. Also, your private key is in the right place but make sure that nobody knows where you hide them.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:53:16 PM

Yes it can, as how all other accounts can be hacked but in regards to myetherwallet they can't be hacked by just brute force and softwares, what hackers mostly do is that they exploit your account security informations through phishing sites. I remeber last time I saw an actual copy of myetherwallet website and it really looks identical and when I checked its address it says myehewallet, good thing I haven't used my private keys and passwords yet.

I think that myetherwallet is very secured because it is multi decrypted wallet so it is impossible for it to be hacked and most of the traders are using this wallet to hold their ethereium coins. Logging on the phishing sites will be the only way for your mew to be hacked.

jigsaw97

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:56:29 PM

I think if you want to be more secure, it's relatively safe to buy a hardware wallet.

Myetherwallet is a safe place to put your eth coins on it, there are a lot of traders who are trusting mew to hold their eth coins and me as well. Eth coins is multi encrypted and because of that, hackers will be having a hard time decrypting the code and that is the reason why most of the traders are using this wallet so do not worry.
just be careful for everything that you may filled out for cause the more that you may take it so careless the more chances of that you may failed a lot and this may not look so secure for , so better to be more careful for everything there is no impossible in hacker.
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:06:36 PM

Tips for Not Being Stolen:

-Create new accounts, safely, and move any funds from any existing accounts to these new accounts as soon as you are in a place to do so. (Rushing does not help, doing it safely is the most important thing.)
-Get a Ledger or Trezor Hardware Wallet (safest!)
-Never enter your private keys, passwords, sensitive data on a website that you were sent via message
-ONLY unlock your wallet when you want to send a transaction. Check your balance via https://etherscan.io/ or https://ethplorer.io/
-Do not trust messages or addresses or URLs sent via private message. Always verify information w/ a secondary source.
-Install the Chrome Extension that will warn you if you attempt to navigate to a malicious site
-Install the MetaMask Chrome Extension
-Install the MyEtherWallet Chrome Extension
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:07:36 PM

That is the best way to backup your keys, Just always backup your wallets because your computer can erase that all and it will be a huge problem for you. You can also use microsoft excell to backup all your wallets that you have been using. One of the best way to store your coins is also through the ledger because it has a private key and you can access it without the internet.
Ragnar Lothbrok

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:08:34 PM

I think for now can not, but I do not know the future whether it can, I hope myetherwallet forever can not be hacked
rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

it's very difficult to hack myetherwallet since the source code is public and anyone can review it.

and your funds are safe because MEW don't store private keys.
Sevaev

Activity: 406
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:37:27 PM

Myetherwallet cannot be hacked unless you're computer has been compromised by hijackers and hackers like changing your memory every time you're going to send some coins into another wallet or some things like that. Myetherwallet is one of the safest and more secured wallet except your computer has virus in it.
mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:14:13 PM

Your coins and tokens are stored on the blockchain. MEW serves only as access to make transactions. If no one finds out your key - then no one can rob you. Sleep soundly. But hackers do not sleep. And perhaps in the near future, hacking wallets without private keys will become a reality.
VuLDK

Activity: 284
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:21:50 PM

I think with account myethewallet, you should hold private key safety, because if hacker know your private key you can lost your account. Private key very important, you can hold in paper, in laptop or USB ... But you don't talk other your key. You need setup antivirus for your computer if you save key in your laptop.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:33:28 PM

Best practice is to use the json file when logging in and not your private key - if your pc has malware, your key can be hacked easily.

Best standard is to use a hardware wallet. Mine I use ledger nano s - very easy to use.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: