Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:49:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:03:52 AM

Not really you are most likely to be a victim of phishing rather than hacking, so make sure that you always type in the url to access MEW yourself and makes sure you have the green MYETHERWALLET LLC (US) in the security secton of your address bar.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abnoy

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:09:16 AM

i think so it possible to get hacked if you become careless or give to anyone your password always be careful so you dont get hacked

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
hinayupak

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:18:41 AM

MEW possible to get hacked if you put private key on the fill up form in airdrop the scammer will happy if you put your private key on the fillup form on airdrop its better to be careful to fill up the form read carefully the instructiins and rules when typing form be wise because the scammer will do anything to get or to transfer you MEW to there wallet
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:25:56 PM

Nothing is 100% safe, but the probability that MEW is hacked is very low.
More likely, you'll lose the key, or YOUR computer is hacked...

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:31:59 PM

The best way to stay safe is not to enter MEW without a need. You can do all the operations including participation in ICOs though Metamask. And if you really need to open MEW than it's better to check there official twitter account for any warnings or other important information.

Coins_Hiro

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:32:39 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

There's big news few days ago that MyEtherWallet has been hacked and was advised not to login. I am not sure what really happened since I don't open my MEW everytime so I guess I am good. Just like the others are saying as long as you keep your private keys, you are good to go even if you don't open your wallet for the time being but be sure to check it anytime possible on etherscan.io to check your balance if its still there.
Omnia Vanitas

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:34:16 PM

The best way to stay safe is not to enter MEW without a need. You can do all the operations including participation in ICOs though Metamask. And if you really need to open MEW than it's better to check there official twitter account for any warnings or other important information.

I agree: MEW is safe but our computer isn't. And we don't know we were hacked until monyey disappears... so, just take care.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:37:59 PM

No, it absolutely cannot be hacked, but your PC may be. Check precisely chrome extentions, your programs and operation system, everything has it's weak points so take a good care.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:45:12 PM

The problem with cryptocurrency theft has to do with human mistakes.  Most platform try as much as possible to have a secure platform but people still make mistakes.

summit26

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

I guess you will  never get hacked if you properly secured your private keys and no one can get your funds unless you are careless and disclose to others your private key.

• ✦ ALPHATECA ✦ •alphateca.com
ICO ► 07/01 - 08/01 ► ico.alphateca.com
JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:07:20 PM

The myetherwallet is not hackable. The problem is on the users side on how they use to access their funds online. Do not input your private key if you will check your funds and don't give it to other sites or person your private key. Beware of phishing.
Xioma

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

No, it absolutely cannot be hacked, but your PC may be. Check precisely chrome extentions, your programs and operation system, everything has it's weak points so take a good care.

Yup, I'd also use password generator too just in case though.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:22:56 PM

Since it's a platform it is possible that it can be hacked,  but only in a slightly little chance. And you're asking if your wallet is safe, i'm pretty sure it is, just don't lose your private key and the 2nd key because without it, i don't know how else you can have access on your wallet.
Platform can be hacked but not to those funds being stored even MEW doesn't have the access into those wallets.Its just a matter of preference on where you do store or which way you do keep your keys as long its not being disclosed on public or someone do have access on it then those coins would really be just fine.Even myself I do store up my keys on just USB sticks but divided them on 3 usb's incase of emergency happens and store it on the place that I'm the only one who knows.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:23:26 PM

I seen many people get hacked, specially when they use MEW. You have to bookmark the right MEW website, so every time you visit the site, use your bookmarked url, there are lots of phishing and virus website, you should avoid, make sure you have virus projector installed in your computer, if not then buy one, you won't regret.

leezay

Activity: 363

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:30:28 PM

I would not be worry about MyEtherWallet. It's very safe and secure. But I would be worry of my level of security. Protect your private key. Keep it safe and make sure you always use the original site, because they are a lot of fake copies.

ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:32:17 PM

Of course, the hackers say that there is no safe place in cyberspace but that will happen if you do not make mistakes in keeping your key because all security provided in myetherwallet is useless if the users themselves are not careful. hackers usually use phishing sites to get information about your account and your security key so you should be able to distinguish this site, if you click on a phishing site then you do not realize that you have submitted your account information.
Neytiri

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:33:49 PM

you have to be very carefull especially with your etherwallet due to easy to be taken because you can not recover your private key so be cautious in etherwallet http and make sure it is the genuine one.

Rlyn

Activity: 203

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:47:43 PM

Absolutely, your funds and wallet are safe as long as you're not giving your key to anyone

Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:49:12 PM

I really recommend getting a hardware wallet like nano ledger or tresor. I prefer the nano ledger.
Donnie_28

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:51:08 PM

You wont hacked your myetherwallet since you have secured your private key from othe mallicious fishing sites.Hacker uses a software who was the one can access all the information of the account to do a bad moved towards on us.Be sure not  share to anyone or always alert on the information you given for the applications

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: