Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:31:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4210 times)
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:57:07 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Myetherwallet is not an exchange. In brief it is just an interface which helps you to access your wallet if you have the private key. Neither it has the wallet stored in its servers nor it has your private key stored in. So there is just no way that someone can enter into or hack into your MEW without your private key. You might even be very well aware of the fact that private keys are impossible to be cracked to b tension free nothing can happen to them.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:59:44 PM

As one should know, nothing is 100% safe and secure in online digital world. One has to learn
the practices on how to be safe in cyberspace.
cryptoquality

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:00:25 PM

If you do not go to phishing sites, do not send anyone your private key and follow basic security measures, then no one will ever crack your e-wallet.

That is right. If you are just a little bit cautious and careful then nothing will happen eventually. Use strong antivirus program, never share your private key (even with your friends) and always make sure that url is myetherwallet.com and not something else.
turmalin

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:22:39 PM

Any software can be hacked or broken. Not only myetherwallet. Recent events, when cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck loses ¥58 billion in in virtual NEM coin in hacking attack, have proven this
VestRidCr

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

The safest way - run MyEtherWallet Offline and Locally. Read about it here https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html But ideally is to purchase a hardware wallet.

Yana_M1

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:01:16 PM

What does it mean - can - already could! But not exactly hacked, just stole the money through the Etherdelta (there you need to enter your private key).
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:24:47 PM

Myetherwallet is relatively secure, however they tell you on the page: You and only you are responsible for your security. So the main threat to your security is you like most case, the biggest security breach in a company is the IT team  Grin
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:52:45 PM

If you wont access myetherwallet, then even if it gets hacked, your tokens will be safe since you would need to access the hacked site and put in your private key in order for hackers to get access to your wallet.

derdemo

Activity: 115
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:53:23 PM

Myetherwallet is completely safe, your can be hack,only if you enter a private key on dangerous sites, wallets.
In MEW, your money will be safe.
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:56:50 PM

As you said that your MEW got hacked then it shouldn't be worried of. As long as you have your private key, then there are still those you have put on it.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Action Gamble

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:20:32 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
Don't worry about the safety of your wallet,  i think that not possible to be hacked, just keep you private key safe that's all.

Morph3020

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:23:31 PM

just don't enter phishing sites or share your private key. then you will probably be safe. if you want to be completely safe, you need to buy a hardware wallet

skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

In cannot be hacked, if you have used security features in it, your password is difficult to crack and you have not disclosed the keys to anyone else.

As you have already taken the data in USB, your investments will remain in your wallet, which you can access to check at the etherscan.io.  Just be cautious and do not save the password on the computer.

PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:15:36 PM

Private key is a very important part of every crypto. Your funds in myetherwallet only get stolen when your private key is revealed, so keep it very careful. Do not open the wallet with privatekey because it is very dangerous, risk being hacked and robbed. MEW is a platform and activity on the web online, so I think it's still at risk of hacking. However, it is still operating very well and there are no signs of attack
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:22:02 PM

Your wallet is safe since it is offline. You can retrieve it later if you fix your computer. Make sure that your back up is in safe place and if possible create another back to make sure   that it will be save in case your back up get corrupted.

Xerox101

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:39:25 PM

Yes, there is a possibility to get hacked ETH wallet. Since there is a private key to secure your wallet you have to keep it private and do not disclose to anyone and use only a trusted sites and make sure to close or log out in public computers or gadgets.
saiteja01

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:47:37 PM

Yes 2 days before one of my friends wallet got hacked.A virus entered into his laptop and stole the Eth present in that wallet. Be careful!
uzurik

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:59:48 PM

Hacking is always possible! I was also concerned about this issue. And so he bought "Ledger nano s". In this case, all the funds are stored not on the site but on the device!
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:47:42 PM

Of course, the hackers say that there is no safe place in cyberspace but that will happen if you do not make mistakes in keeping your key because all security provided in myetherwallet is useless if the users themselves are not careful. hackers usually use phishing sites to get information about your account and your security key so you should be able to distinguish this site, if you click on a phishing site then you do not realize that you have submitted your account information.
Phishing attacks are the number 1 reason of people losing their coins in myetherwallet, people need to access that site only from a bookmark of the legit site, never access that website following a link, you could be redirected to a different website that looks the same or you could be infected by malware, but people do not listen until they lose their coins.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:52:12 PM

My best recommendation to you would be to invest in a crypto wallet like a Nano S Ledger or Trezor.

I think realistically these are the ideal security functions to have so you can stay fully safe and feel calm about storing your eth on your wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: