Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4212 times)
summonerrk

Activity: 1414
Merit: 737

Arts & Crypto

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:25:57 PM

I do not think because this service very much follows the security though at its base there are only 2 people but nevertheless despite the Large availability itself it does not have a security hole

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Darin2

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:31:54 PM

It is safe, but use the offline version. You can find how to use it on Myetherwallet page.
Use it properly and you will be safe.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:34:51 PM

I really hope not. If this happens it can be very bad for the market. You need to be careful and do not jump over unverified links.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:37:23 PM

If your wallet gets hacked, then it is due to your fault. Myetherwallet is similar to Blockchain.info. It does not store the private key, and the users are responsible for the safety of the coins in the wallet. Unless you allow a keylogger to steal your private key, your coins should be safe.
CaptainBezique

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:48:42 PM

Here only 2 variants. Either you registered oneself on an unreal web-site or somebody copied your digital key and took advantage of him.

Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:50:35 PM

If myetherwallet were hacked, you can bet that the whole ether system had crashed!
And you can bet that - with the huge sums in the game - hackers have already tried all the tricks.
No need to fear hacker, fear instead your distraction.

Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:00:28 PM

Nothing gives you total immunity, not in crypto, not in any other kinds of investment.

That being said, in the example you've given if you take good care of your private keys you're unlikely to face problems.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:06:09 PM

I don't think so, most of the people that say their MEW account get hack is because they click on phishing website and ones your private keys are exposed those hacks will steal all your funds, that is why it is important to instal metamask addon on ones broswer to help protect ones account

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:20:16 PM

wallets built on blockchain and i don't think so that blockchain can be hacked.. just be careful with your keys if you mistakenly enter your keys on any phishing  site then your funds can be stolen

ternyabin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:36:10 PM

wallets built on blockchain and i don't think so that blockchain can be hacked.. just be careful with your keys if you mistakenly enter your keys on any phishing  site then your funds can be stolen
Yes, it is, just need to pay more attention to security when working on the Internet. Phishing sites are one of the threats. A lot of attention should be paid to the security of your Internet browser. It often happens that add-ons for the browser begin to transfer information entered into the page fields to attackers. Sometimes even proven add-ons after the next update become spyware.
MrJake

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 08:47:03 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

The only way that your etherwallet could be hacked is if  you accidentally give you private keys to a fake website to which you could be redirected. Myether wallet always requires the PVkey before you could be able to transfer funds. All you need to do is to take care and be careful where you put your PVkey; always verify the site where you put your infos.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|[/center
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:55:30 PM

what I understand is that myetherwallet is really safe option to store your tokens. human factor on your site is more vulnerable then their platform as they don't hold your keys there. just be careful with your back up

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
greydking

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:55:40 PM

As long as you don't enter on phising site, your funds will be ok, but make sure you install Metamask.  All you need just private key, don't lose it.
jerry0

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:11:54 PM

Can someone explain how peoples myetherwallet get hacked?  I created an account a while back and logged in and out and without any issue.  However i dont have any coins there though.  But when i log in and out, there were zero issues at all.

Is it possible for it to get hacked if you visited the correct page?  Also people say phishing link.  So people by mistake are entering myetherwallet incorrectly or something?  Or do they go on google and type myetherwallet and then click on the wrong one?  Someone mentioned binance has this issue where if you type in binance... the first thing that shows on google is an ad on the top which shows binance and thats not the real site etc.
Jon88

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:14:48 PM

Can someone explain how peoples myetherwallet get hacked? 

They can compromise the mew site or if you're not carefull enter phishing site.
jerry0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:17:41 PM

So myetherwallet was compromised or not?  So assuming someone clicked on the real site and never entered a phishing site, is it possible to get hacked?  I ask this because im thinking about maybe getting some ETH later on and i would use myetherwallet for it.  So in all these cases of people getting hacked, are there people that got their mew hacked when they visited the legit link etc? 
Jon88

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:22:00 PM

So myetherwallet was compromised or not?  So assuming someone clicked on the real site and never entered a phishing site, is it possible to get hacked?  I ask this because im thinking about maybe getting some ETH later on and i would use myetherwallet for it.  So in all these cases of people getting hacked, are there people that got their mew hacked when they visited the legit link etc? 

Then you must use a hardware wallet to be 100% sure not to get hacked. I would not dare to login mew using private key/JSON file as malicious malware can be installed on your pc.
jerry0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:26:27 PM

Im confused.  So did people get their MEW accounts hacked that only went to the legit site or not?  Also when i logged into MEW a while back, i believe you could enter either your private key or the JSON file.  Sometimes i used my private keys other times i used JSON.  So which one is safer?  Because i believe i started to used the JSON file more since people recommended it.

Are there ppl that got their accounts hacked or not who went to the real site.  That is what i want to know.

Jon88

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:28:51 PM

Im confused.  So did people get their MEW accounts hacked that only went to the legit site or not?  Also when i logged into MEW a while back, i believe you could enter either your private key or the JSON file.  Sometimes i used my private keys other times i used JSON.  So which one is safer? 

Yes. No they both are dangerous to use. Read the warning: This is not a recommended way to access your wallet.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:33:55 PM

It does not store the private key, and the users are responsible for the safety of the coins in the wallet.
Other MEW users will understand this but we are all responsible for keeping our private keys. I'm quite sure that there are users who are confidently putting their private keys on their email's, social media accounts and once those sources are hacked their MEW will be followed as well.
Unless you allow a keylogger to steal your private key, your coins should be safe.
Unless they also logged on to a phishing website that they are not aware of because it's a mere copy cat of MEW.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: