Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 06:29:54 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4216 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:46:37 PM

Im confused.  So did people get their MEW accounts hacked that only went to the legit site or not?  Also when i logged into MEW a while back, i believe you could enter either your private key or the JSON file.  Sometimes i used my private keys other times i used JSON.  So which one is safer? 

Yes. No they both are dangerous to use. Read the warning: This is not a recommended way to access your wallet.

When was it dangerous to use?  Back then it was fine but now it isn't?  Also you say both are dangerous to use.  Well aren't those the only 2 ways to log into mew?
Jon88

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:55:22 PM

Im confused.  So did people get their MEW accounts hacked that only went to the legit site or not?  Also when i logged into MEW a while back, i believe you could enter either your private key or the JSON file.  Sometimes i used my private keys other times i used JSON.  So which one is safer? 

Yes. No they both are dangerous to use. Read the warning: This is not a recommended way to access your wallet.

When was it dangerous to use?  Back then it was fine but now it isn't?  Also you say both are dangerous to use.  Well aren't those the only 2 ways to log into mew?

You will always have a risk of getting hacked when you login to your etherwallet but not via Ledger Nano S for example. That's 100% safe.
Coinsher

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:36:42 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?
I guess the security system of myetherwallet is not really secured.If you noticed when you make a wallet on their site there is a pop up message that contains reminders of not being safe.Because I have a co-worker here who's tokens in myetherwallet get hacked.He don't have any idea how did it hapened.And that token now is worth of 2k USD all.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
wakier

Activity: 840
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:52:38 PM

funds will remain secure if you do not give private key to others,
never access privatkey from group telegram links, email, social media etc,
keeping a private key well will keep your funds from being lost

▆█    █▆
    ▆█      ████    ████      █▆
████      ████    ████      ████
▀███▄    ████   ████    ▄███▀
    ▀████████   ████████▀
           ▀▀████    ████▀▀
I|I|I         LOW LATENCY &         
           HIGH THROUGHPUT        
     SUBNET TECHNOLOGY        

▄▄███████▄▄
                        ▄██████████████▄
            〓〓〓〓〓〓▄███████████████████▄〓〓〓〓〓〓
        〓〓〓        ▄█████████████████████▄        〓〓〓
     〓〓〓      〓〓 ▄███████████████████████▄  〓〓     〓〓〓
 〓〓〓        〓〓   █████████████████████████     〓〓      〓〓〓
▅          ▅        ██████████████████████████        ▅         ▅
 〓〓〓      〓〓〓   █████████████████████████    〓〓〓      〓〓〓     
     〓〓〓     〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓      〓〓〓       
         〓〓〓       ▀█████████████████████▀        〓〓〓
              〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓
                        ▀███████████████▀
                           ▀▀███████▀▀
    PERFECT FIT   
   FOR DEPIN        
I|I|I 
▄███████████████████▄
████▄░▄░███████▀▄████
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀████
██████████▀▀▀    ████
█████▀▀▀   ▄▀   █████
██      ▄█▀     █████
█████████      ██████
███████████▄   ██████
█████████████▄▄██████
▀███████████████████▀
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:55:58 PM

Everything can be hacked, but in my opinion if you paranoic and use MEW in offline mode (see this instruction: Running MEW Offline & Locally) you minimaze risk to be hacked.
wel24

Activity: 275
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:58:23 PM

It is safe in your wallet and nobody can still unless you will share your private key.Anyone can access your account once you have shared it.Be responsible to your account .Keep the private key in a safe place .Write down in a piece of paper and keep it.Be careful to input your private key online.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:02:16 PM

Make sure to login myetherwallet after you are so sure that you are on a right website. Otherwise a phishing site can easily hack your passwords.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
gg20222

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:26:50 AM

Can myetherwallet get hacked? Everything can be hacked now. I think it can be hacked by those who created it. Just be careful in logging in. Make sure your on the right website
grinmoure

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:38:11 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

Keep your private key safe.  Should be fine
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:45:55 AM

It definitely can! Especially if you have clicked on links in your email that would divert you to your wallet. These links are phishing sites wherein hackers can have access to your account. This is the easiest way for hackers to get hold of your codes. So don’t click on links leading you to your wallet. Go directly to the site just to be sure.

rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:54:21 AM

As long as your private key is not exposed to anybody and you backup it you will recover your wallet and it will not lose,it will remain in your MEW wallet and do not put your private key to a usb stick.
myrliska1313

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:08:57 AM

Hack can be any site on the Internet. If you don't need to go into the wallet, check the tokens and balance through ethplorer.io and always check how the MEW website is written in order not to click on the phishing Wink
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2324
Merit: 366

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:14:30 AM

There is always a possibility that myetherwallet can get hacked and all your funds will be lost. That has happened in the past and there is no reason why we would assume that it won't happen again in the future. But it is not happening all the time. The safety of your funds may not be 100% guaranteed safe but at least it is not at a very high risk. Take note that even the Pentagon website could be hacked. 

Signature Placement:
Bobocantik

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:43:19 AM

As long as you don't enter on phising site , your funds will be ok but make sure you instal all the plugins that myetherwallet provides on the front page and I sugest to install all 3 of them just to be sure that you have extra protection and in future try to by a hardware wallet because it's much more safer.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:51:42 AM

As fas as your private keys are not compromised, your coins are safe in your wallet even if you access the wallet after a longer period. Myetherwallet is impossible to get hacked because it is an opem source service but the most ways your wallet gets hacked is when you save your keys in notepad or share in public on internet,always keep backup of your keys offline to retain more security
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:09:04 AM

I think the best coin are ETH, ETC and tokens. You cannot make up your private key and keep it in your head on another coins, but on these coins can

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:13:53 AM

I have a question for you: have you tested the code at the possibility for determine the private key from the transaction signature  ?

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
kaineh

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:47:22 AM

Any software may be hacked, including wallets from different manufacturers. Negative news in this part of the myetherwallet I did not observe, so I trust it
tulpash

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:31:42 PM

As fas as your private keys are not compromised, your coins are safe in your wallet even if you access the wallet after a longer period. Myetherwallet is impossible to get hacked because it is an opem source service but the most ways your wallet gets hacked is when you save your keys in notepad or share in public on internet,always keep backup of your keys offline to retain more security
I think exactly the same. Its keys must be kept in a secret place, where attackers can not reach. It is also necessary to comply with at least the basic principles of computer security.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:36:23 PM

Everything online can be hacked. Your best bet is to store your money in a cold storage wallet (offline) and be careful on inputting your private keys in websites.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: