Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:55:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4212 times)
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 08:07:49 PM

Yes MEW can get hacked but you know what can't get hacked? A hardware wallet that accesses MEW website, imho everybody should get one of those. They aren't too pricey are extremely durable, and overall drop in the bucket for peace of mind.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:42:12 AM

Important thing is don't click a pishing link! once you click them, you must prepared to lose your money.
I suggest you to buy a new pc or laptop and you should install metamask for your myetherwallet account.
Note: Don't put your private key on usb stick, just wrote them on paper with a pen.

Yes, As long as you are not in a phishing site do not worry about losing your tokens. And it's also right that it would not be a problem if the MEW is going to be phishing, Just check with Etherscan. The same thing I do, and thank God I was not robbed of erc20 tokens.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:55:29 AM

Risk will always be there but most probably it will be safe till your private key is safe. If it will go in wrong hands then definitely your wallet will get hacked.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:02:50 AM

if you are careful and will not go through questionable links and the more you will not give anyone your private key from your wallet, it will be very, very difficult!
Antivirus will also be very helpful because the current hacking model is very varied you know. it is very possible that there is malware where when you do a copying on your private key. your private key that been copying will be directly stored in the hacker's database. stay cautious dude do not just download the app from people you don't know and dont enter suspicious links that sent to your email..
simarpreet1102

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:17:31 AM

no there are very less chance for hacking your etherum wallet only in some ways it can be hack but that is not possible very easily so for remaining your eherum wallet safe do not share your private  key with anyone and always put your eth addres in wallet for opening it . then no one is able to hack your etherum address .
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:27:13 AM

there are several ways to hack myetherwallet. And its not called hack. Its a phishing method.
They will serve a website similar to myetherwallet and you will give them your private key thats the only way.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:19:05 AM

Your funds are safe because your funds are not stored in your MEW nor on your computer, it is stored in the blockchain. MEW is just an interface to access your funds that are residing in the ETH blockchain. Your funds can only be stolen if you expose your private key by any means and avoid clicking any unknown links you can be phished. And even if you want to see your funds you don't need a private key for that just visit etherscan on any computer enter your public key and you are good to go to see your balance.
babala

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:24:05 AM

yes, there is no perfect wallet , there are many ways to get hack your wallet if you are careless and did a disclosure about your private key to anyone and if you log in to the unprotected site and forget to log out in unsecured gadgets.
triasel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:48:44 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

of course can. ussually you get phising. now so many phising so be carefully to click in myetherwallet
many people lose their balance because hack on myetherwallet and phising myetherwallet
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:44:04 AM

Well, your wallet can be hacked, but not due to myetherwalle fault: the site is completely safe, but if you don't take security measures on YOUR computer, or you enter in a phishing site, of course you will lose all your money.
A lot of people blame myetherwallet for losing money, but if your check their stories in 100% of the cases it was their fault.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:49:32 AM

I think that everything can be hacked... so the best way to protect actually your savings in crypto is an hardware wallet like ledger or trezor...

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

yes it can be hacked as this is a Platform, but there are very less chances unless you keep your private key safe

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
DimaS1574

Activity: 448
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:15:58 PM

Representative of the  MyEtherWallet project in a conversation with Cointelegraph reported that rumors about breaking their wallet are "stupid lies". Developers of the purse categorically deny the charges spreading in social networks, according to which hackers changed the DNS-addresses of their service in order to steal user data.
balrog

Activity: 448
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:25:08 AM

If I'm undetstanding right MEW is not storing your funds . Your eth tokens stored directly on ethereum blockchain , while MEW is just a UI to access them . So , I think it is almost impossible to hack blockchain , the most easy way to get your funds is to make malware which will steal your password .
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:52:46 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

By the way bro last time MyEtherWallet got hacked.
and they Hack the DNS.
i don't know the style if in every input of your private key they will hack your private key.
or
In every transaction you do it will go to the hacker's Wallet

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:08:36 PM

To be safe keep your private key in a cold storage whatever happens don't show it off to anyone. MyEtherwallet is safe just like bitcoin in a bockchain. So better keep it carefully so it won't compromise. Goodluck! Smiley
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:16:43 PM

Many phising site now especially myetherwallet as i can see its look like the same but there's a one letter added. Make sure to bookmark the true site and be careful by clicking a link to avoid hacking.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:25:34 PM

there are several ways to hack myetherwallet. And its not called hack. Its a phishing method.
They will serve a website similar to myetherwallet and you will give them your private key thats the only way.

The easiest way to prevent situation like that is to bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/ and open it from your bookmarks only. And of course never ever open link from email.

Lang09

Activity: 350
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:45:44 PM

Your MEW will not be lost or hacked until you have your Private Key. So you should keep that and make sure that no one else can get it. That's the only way you can access your wallet. It's a good idea to make you back up for your private key. Now you can guarantee that your assets are actually secured.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 11:52:16 PM

Many phising site now especially myetherwallet as i can see its look like the same but there's a one letter added. Make sure to bookmark the true site and be careful by clicking a link to avoid hacking.
Now the scammers are getting smart by creating website addresses and website views that even really resemble the original website, the best way is to bookmarking on the original website

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: