Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:18:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4205 times)
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:37:57 PM

I think you account or information cannot get hacked as long as your private key is save and not exposed to a third party. When you fix your PC or get a new one, you can login and access your information and it will still be intact as long as another person doesn't have your data.
KceoH

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:40:50 PM

It seems to me with the latest events, everything is possible. My advice is not to keep everything in one purse. This system is not so safe yet, so as not to worry about your means. Therefore, it is better to distribute competently in many wallets!
btcefeyigit39

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:42:04 PM

The latest events in the crypto currency have surprised me and frightened me. advancing technology is being used very well by hackers. Unfortunately I think myetherwallet can be hacked.
shleem2

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:57:18 PM

its possible but it is highly HIGHLY unlikely.
bibitao21

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:13:59 AM

I think your assets will remain in your ethereum wallet and will not be lost. If you are in doubt, maybe you can check it in etherscan.io and you just enter the ethereum address only, see there  your token still exists or not.
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:33:35 AM

I think myetherwallet could have been hacked from someone. And there have been many cases of loss of coins in myetherwallet.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:37:39 AM

its possible but it is highly HIGHLY unlikely.

That's not true.
There were a lot of cases when MEW got hacked.
Usually it happens when you yse privat key for access, always pay attantion on HTTS when accessing wallet.
dany henry

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:39:18 AM

Can myetherwallet get hacked? Anything in this world can be done if we want, let alone the problem of retas, hackers everywhere whenever they want to hack must be done and it rarely fails most hackers do his action 90% succeeded as good as any that his security system.
wabashky

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:41:46 AM

If I'm undetstanding right MEW is not storing ur funds. Ur ETH tokens stored directly on ETH blockchain, while MEW is just a UI to access them. So, I think it`s almost impossible to hack blockchain, the most easy way to get ur funds is to make malware which will steal ur password .
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:42:46 AM

myetherwallet is utility to acces etherium blockchain.
It cant be hacked there is nothing to hack, it only can be fished for stole keys

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Bonanzabits

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:48:01 AM

Not your myetherwallet, but you are can be hacked. Usually hacking wallets is excluded, but hijacking a private key is easy! Especially if you store it in the txt file "crypto wallets" on your desktop  Grin
yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:55:23 AM

I think Fund who are myetherwallet very secure. The first computer I also experienced a death in a long time. And after my computer was finished, I check my funds and still very safe is in a wallet. Most importantly you can keep your private key secure. Do not let other people fell.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:02:31 AM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

I think as long we keep our private key safely and not share it with others, i think our token in myetherwallet safe. Hackers can stole our token if we share our private key or we clik on phising site like recently happen and if we dont, we should not worry with our token or coin
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:11:04 AM

Whatever others say, the truth is that there were several myetherwallets that have been hacked. MEW is indeed not the storage itself of your coins but still it can be used to get access to your hidden treasure. It does not mean that because it is only a UI it cannot get hacked. So make all the necessary steps to maintain the security and safety of your MEW account. MEW account hacking happened not once or twice but several times.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:15:43 AM

MyEtherWallet does not keep your details but the website can definetely be hacked and redirected so when you put details they can steal them, always check certificate if it's safe and before login search info on Twitter, hacks have a good resonance there. Login using Metamask, is one of safest and reccomended method.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
Winnerschapel

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:17:27 AM

Yes it is possible that your myethewallet and everyone's myetherwallet will get hacked by means of phishing. My friends myetherwallet has been hacked and his all tokens are stolen. Because he clicks a link in the slack channel not knowing that the link he clicks is not the original url of the myetherwallet , and in the blink of the eye all his coins in his wallet vanish. Even if you backup your private key there is still a possibilty that it can be hacked anytime.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

MyEtherWallet does not keep your details but the website can definetely be hacked and redirected so when you put details they can steal them, always check certificate if it's safe and before login search info on Twitter, hacks have a good resonance there. Login using Metamask, is one of safest and reccomended method.

MEW or your ETH account cannot be hacked... it's your BROWSER that can be hacked. Big difference.

Any successful browser attack can steal enough information to steal your funds...
So any method that bypasses or enhances your browser is probably very secure.
fracas

Activity: 392

Multiversum

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:40:51 AM

MEW or your ETH account cannot be hacked... it's your BROWSER that can be hacked. Big difference.

Any successful browser attack can steal enough information to steal your funds...
So any method that bypasses or enhances your browser is probably very secure.

Latest hack was not browser related but DNS related. Browser is client side while MEW is server side. It wasn't the clients those hacked but the domain that had been redirected to another russian website. Clients were safe but they supposed to be in correct MEW website while they were puttind details to some russian IPs.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
annawill3

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:35:21 PM

As long as you don't enter on phising site , your funds will be ok but make sure you instal all the plugins that myetherwallet provides on the front page and I sugest to install all 3 of them just to be sure that you have extra protection and in future try to by a hardware wallet because it's much more safer.
kphonetic

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:47:04 AM

Few weeks ago there is a notice that MyEtherWallet was hacked so everyone was advised not to log in. I think eversince we've used computers in our daily lives, we are vulnerable to hacking so does those crypto wallets even if there's a lot of softwares promising us protection and such. Let's just keep our faith that our investments will be safe until the end of our lives
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: