Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:52:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can myetherwallet get hacked?  (Read 4210 times)
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:38:04 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

since you are not using computer so there is no chance of hacking your private key. so it must be safe. you can also check your balance on etherscan.io.  as i am very concerned about the security of my tokens so i prefer to use ledger wallet to keep my coins safe in MEW. as i can not bear the loss of all my tokens are lost because of hacking.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:40:32 PM

Yes ! It can be hacked by someone if you give your private key to other people or you accidentally signed in you account on pished exchange sites.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:43:01 PM

I really hope that this is not possible, today almost every person works with MEW services, so hacking such a service can hit the market very hard, because crypto-currencies can be in the hands of very bad people, serious efforts are needed.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:48:48 PM

myetherwallet got hacked few weeks ago. Because it just a tool for you to communicate with Ethereum blockchain network. So it can be attacked.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

Hi, i have backupped my pvkeys on an usb stick. I wrote it also down on a piece of paper. My computer broke. I put a metal pin through the harddrives. I will not buy a new pc soon. So i wont check in on myetherwallet for some time. I cant click on phishing links. My question is : are my funds safe? Can myetherwallet get hacked? Can my funds dissapear even when i have no computer, hid my keys? Im to stupid to work with a ledger or trezor. Can something happen to it like with the parity/kill?

since you are not using computer so there is no chance of hacking your private key. so it must be safe. you can also check your balance on etherscan.io.  as i am very concerned about the security of my tokens so i prefer to use ledger wallet to keep my coins safe in MEW. as i can not bear the loss of all my tokens are lost because of hacking.

hardware wallet is definitely the best option to store the tokens, perhaps except for paper wallet, but that is far less convenient. With sufficient back up, it should be safe
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 02:29:49 PM

If hacker have access to your PC everything possible. To protect your wallet and other useful for you data never click on supicious links and also try not to download anything on your PC.

Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:33:40 PM

Yes, you wallet can still get hacked. Myetherwallet is not safe anymore. NOt unless if you are using metamask or any other wallet with additional security, in that case your wallet is much safer
Magneto151

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

It's an ocean of meaning and a wide jungle

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:46:52 PM

So long you don't click on phishing sites that intends stealing your private keys, you're safe. And also make sure your back ups are pretty secured. If anyone has access to where you have manually written down those information, then you can as well kiss your funds goodbye.
Levani91

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

MEW is a UI to access your funds, but those funds are on the blockchain, not stored within MEW itself. Therefore if you have your keys you'll be fine.
Drachmadev

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:53:53 PM

If your not careful any wallet can be hacked
If you are careful even the simplest wallet will suffice (cold storage)
karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:58:57 PM

I think if you keep the access keys there's nothing to worry about. hack it, and I don't expect anyone can
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:59:54 PM

Everything can be hacked depends on your own carelessness. Avoid clicking phishing sites because hackers do this way to steal your private account and keys so much careful of that. Make it secure and safe because if you mistaken of this you can't return it back. So protect it as much as possible so you can avoid this.

zafmine

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:03:47 PM

There's been lots of cases I heard that MEW has been hacked and I have some advices for you to prevent from it. Firstly, don't use common computer, there are lots of cases people used common computer that made them lose all their money. Secondly, use hardware wallet as until now, using hardware wallet is the safest way to keep your asset.
Olajide Olaoluwa

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:07:59 PM

Yes ones wallet can get hacked. And the reason is that if one try to let any external body have access to your wallet private key. If anyone does then your wallet might get hacked.
adpinbr

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:08:30 PM

Don't be silly, whether it is a hardware wallet or not it is still hackable, everything is hackable if you'd give your private information or even put your keys in your computer, since almost everything is tech-top now I honestly think that hackers can easily breach your computer if they had the right information they need to hack you, for example is your IP Address, if that is traced, then I think it might be the time to shut your computer down and change your IP right away, because they now have the power to do anything. But again going back to the topic which is your etherwallets, yes they can hack your etherwallets, basically every wallet can be hacked if a hacker has the power to get your information, beware and stay safe.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:15:31 PM

your funds are 100% safe. because mew is not storing your funds. they just give you access to the eth blockchain. So if you have private keys and if you are keeping it safe then your funds are safe. also use metamask for additional security and metamask is giving you protection against phishing sites. so if you follow these steps then you will be fully safe. good luck

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ningo

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:16:34 PM

Wallets are hacked everyday and people suffer a lot of pain.It is very painful to work and have your money stolen by a third party who has done nothing to merit it.Sometimes scammers try to use a lot of strategies to steal people funds like phishing messages etc.All that a person has to do always is not to ever pay attention to any of these messages.
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:24:16 PM

Of course, everyone is really vulnerable not just MEW, exchanges, bitcoin wallets, everything that is crypto related is being a target by hackers because of the huge money involved in it.

That's why we have our duty to really secure Private Keys, careful of clicking any links so that you will not get phished, double check everything before sending someone your personal information or even not trusting anyone. We really need to be very careful so that the likelihood of losing your money is reduced.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
pidonkmo

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:43:58 PM

I can say it can be hacked if you hand out to your right and left your customary keys to anyone, well, and if you do it carefully, then most likely everything will be fine, but lately I understand that the attacks are intensifying. Keep your private key safe. You should be good. If I can suggest, you should never click on any spam links.
Derelikt999

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:52:58 PM

If you do everything that the author of the topic listed, the only thing that can happen is the hacking of the MEW database itself, but I do not think it's possible at all. Why? Well, if only because if it could be done, it would have been done long ago and more than once and believe me no one would have used MEW anymore.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: