Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:41:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Hosted-Mining (revenue shares) / BTCT.co  (Read 15736 times)
zif33rs (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:12:43 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2013, 09:26:26 PM by zif33rs

Good morning.

I will have a statement shortly. I just woke.  Please give me a some time to have a coffee and consult with my team.

New to bitcoin? Want to mine? Not sure where to start out?
Check out www.hostedmining.com
Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 05:56:22 PM

Up Up Up!
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:25:11 PM

This whole ipo has had errors from the start. Please don't take this in a negative way, it isn't meant as so...

1) no firm plans from the start on pricing
2) secret squirrel supplier at the start
3) once supplier is revealed. Everyone loses faith due to the vendors charges
4) your pricing is crazy. It's better value for us as investors to approach vendor direct with group buys
5) your proposition lacks value for the long term investor
6) the price was far too high to attract the speculators..

Hope that helps you out

1. We have firm pricing. We made adjustments to meet the market conditions. I personally value a company that takes the concerns of the investors to heart and can adapt and be flexible.
2. Not sure about this. We announced who we were dealing with.
3. Charges..their price structure or the charges for hosting?
4. Where can you get ASICs that are going to mine next week?  There is a premium associated with that and the price is not crazy imo.
5. This is complete garbage...no offense. Long term is what this is all about. The reinvestment strategy. The plan to host our own equipment. The plan to leverage our fund to obtain the best pricing and guarantees.
6. People are going to have to have a wake up call about the 1000% ROI of days gone by. Asic's have changed the game. The ones who get in now and get in big are going to make out just fine. The ones who wait 1 to 2 months or more are going to be in for a rude surprise I think.

I think it really all about 6.

Have you realized that every time you ask for opinions

1.) Helpful advice is given
2.) You throw it all away and insult the person giving the advice

No wonder people are not clamoring to join with you in your venture.
ASIC-8Tile

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:56:54 PM

Simple math.
Begin collecting coins now or wait until who knows when to get your hashing hardware.

Example;
500 GH now and make 3.8 coins per day.

Wait for 500 GH in October and lose 3.8 coins per day till then = 3.8*32days= -121.6BTC (October 1st)
I would rather get my coins now.  Roll Eyes

zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:11:34 PM

Hi all,

As we can see, there has been another 30% difficulty increase for Bitcoin mining yesterday.

For those of you who might not be following the difficulty of mining, the difficulty doubles at a speed of every 30-35 days.
i.e. you can only mine half of the coins you are mining now at the end of September, or you can only mine ¼ of the coins you are mining now at the end of October.  

According to Danny Bradbury’s calculation in http://www.coindesk.com/alydian-targets-big-ticket-miners-with-terahash-hosting/.
“At 2%/day difficulty growth rates, an October 31 delivery from KnC at $19/GH equates to $62/GH on August 29,” he says (1.02 * 61 days = 62) “And that still leaves someone with two extra months of mining, plus of course the reduction in power costs.

However, the price we are getting from Alydian is at least 30% less than this price. That’s why we are saying it’s a great deal to buy it now and share the revenue RIGHT NOW.

And again, any funds we raised beyond the amount needed to acquire the 10 TH contract will be used for group-buying new mining hardware. Unless the investors want it returned as a dividend.

*What we are going to do right now?

We are going to do a motion on 100 to 1 stock split for more liquidation and reduce our total # of share to 10,000,000 after the split. The first batch of shares will be reduced to 0.0028 and the 2nd batch will be released at a price higher than 0.0028. Our initial offering will become 2,000,000 shares.

*What is next?

We are going to become our own supplier with a 28nm or smaller design developed in collaboration with http://www.brioconcept.com/. We will be doing bulk mining, instead of physically shipping to customers, so that you get your revenue share WITHOUT the hassle of monitoring, heat issues or technical issues.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for their advise and continuous support, and apologize for any insults that may have occurred during my responses. However, we do believe in this project and our team promises to dedicate maximum amount of time needed to have it done in the right manner.

Cheers,
Hosted-Mining

Donations and Tips  btc - 1MkjKHpZbSaRepeYaAcmRMcqt8o3HKQCF   ltc  - LNz48TP8MZmke38qbZD5gXi53KrktbJG7V  ftc  - 6iDt92cyDvxXkrDhCzMh4zEmK1b9PqShs4
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:36:43 AM

Hi all,

As we can see, there has been another 30% difficulty increase for Bitcoin mining yesterday.

For those of you who might not be following the difficulty of mining, the difficulty doubles at a speed of every 30-35 days.
i.e. you can only mine half of the coins you are mining now at the end of September, or you can only mine ¼ of the coins you are mining now at the end of October.  

According to Danny Bradbury’s calculation in http://www.coindesk.com/alydian-targets-big-ticket-miners-with-terahash-hosting/.
“At 2%/day difficulty growth rates, an October 31 delivery from KnC at $19/GH equates to $62/GH on August 29,” he says (1.02 * 61 days = 62) “And that still leaves someone with two extra months of mining, plus of course the reduction in power costs.

However, the price we are getting from Alydian is at least 30% less than this price. That’s why we are saying it’s a great deal to buy it now and share the revenue RIGHT NOW.

Can you explain how you expect to effectively combat a rapidly rising difficulty by locking in an inflated price on what seems like a decent hashrate now for one full year? Have you done the calculations on how long it will take you to make back your investment and begin to see a return on your 10Th/s contract? Have you calculated the odds that you'll never see a ROI? I suspect it's not pretty, and that 10Th/s may not seem like such a large chunk of the network in a very short time, but you'll be locked in for the balance of one year. Cointerra is already planning to roll out a 2Th/s rig for December delivery, what do you think it will do to your returns if/when those things get shipped in quantity?

KCBitcoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:13:03 AM

Hi all,

Can you explain how you expect to effectively combat a rapidly rising difficulty by locking in an inflated price on what seems like a decent hashrate now for one full year? Have you done the calculations on how long it will take you to make back your investment and begin to see a return on your 10Th/s contract? Have you calculated the odds that you'll never see a ROI? I suspect it's not pretty, and that 10Th/s may not seem like such a large chunk of the network in a very short time, but you'll be locked in for the balance of one year. Cointerra is already planning to roll out a 2Th/s rig for December delivery, what do you think it will do to your returns if/when those things get shipped in quantity?
I think they said they will be actively looking for large quantity group buys to keep up with the difficulty and in the mean times gives a low price/GH.

I dont see where they said they will be hashing with only 10TH/s for one year.
zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:22:57 AM

Hi all,

We will be adding TH as quickly as funding allows.

I think what you said underscores the need to be hashing as soon as possible.

creativex

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:31:56 AM

I think they said they will be actively looking for large quantity group buys to keep up with the difficulty and in the mean times gives a low price/GH.

I don't think you understand my concerns. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well, so allow me try again. zif33rs seems to think that this 10Th/s contract represents a bargain, but it appears that it's $650k for a locked in one year term. This would only be profitable if difficulty rose less than 57.4% per month during that year, and obviously the recent trend is way way beyond that. While it'd be nice to be hashing sooner rather than later, it's only a bargain if the price paid is reasonable, and this isn't. If it was 1/4 the price for 1/4 the term it'd be worth considering, but not for one year, that's a certain loser even if you don't take into account the fact that the very same company plans to offer 1Ph/s contracts in the near future(October).

creativex

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:35:02 AM

What I said underscores the importance of not overpaying for hashes. You'll not see a return on that contract and will instead lose a great deal of investor funds.

KCBitcoin

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:39:54 AM

I don't think you understand my concerns. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well, so allow me try again. zif33rs seems to think that this 10Th/s contract represents a bargain, but it appears that it's $650k for a locked in one year term. This would only be profitable if difficulty rose less than 57.4% per month during that year, and obviously the recent trend is way way beyond that. While it'd be nice to be hashing sooner rather than later, it's only a bargain if the price paid is reasonable, and this isn't. If it was 1/4 the price for 1/4 the term it'd be worth considering, but not for one year, that's a certain loser even if you don't take into account the fact that the very same company plans to offer 1Ph/s contracts in the near future(October).
I think they said 0.35-0.38btc/GH, then i guess their negotiated price is well below $650K.
zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:42:59 AM

What I said underscores the importance of not overpaying for hashes. You'll not see a return on that contract and will instead lose a great deal of investor funds.

Simply untrue. You need to follow what we are doing a little closer...please.

650K?   Why do you use that figure? That is not what we would be paying.  As we have said before the price is closer to .38/gh.

AND if we had the funds right now..we honestly think we could ask for a even lower price.

creativex

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:55:19 AM

650K?   Why do you use that figure? That is not what we would be paying.  As we have said before the price is closer to .38/gh.

AND if we had the funds right now..we honestly think we could ask for a even lower price.

The Californian company is preparing to host ASIC mining equipment for its customers, using yearly contracts. Its launch day pricing was $65,000 per Terahash, and mining hosting contracts are only available in 5 and 10 Th/sec blocks. So, if you’re thinking of running a miner in your basement, you are not its target market.

http://www.coindesk.com/alydian-targets-big-ticket-miners-with-terahash-hosting/

Not profitable. That's why you're required to lock-in for one year.

zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:58:44 AM

"Launch day pricing" 

Well...the price has fallen significantly since launch.

KCBitcoin

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:00:31 AM

The Californian company is preparing to host ASIC mining equipment for its customers, using yearly contracts. Its launch day pricing was $65,000 per Terahash, and mining hosting contracts are only available in 5 and 10 Th/sec blocks. So, if you’re thinking of running a miner in your basement, you are not its target market.

http://www.coindesk.com/alydian-targets-big-ticket-miners-with-terahash-hosting/

Not profitable. That's why you're required to lock-in for one year.
Yea, Zif negotiated. That's why he is here to promote his negotiated contract.
Their news said, the negotiated price is like 0.35-0.38btc/GH.
creativex

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:11:23 AM

"Launch day pricing"  

Not significantly enough. The term is too long. Half that price for six months may provide a return.

zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:53:10 AM

"Launch day pricing"  

Not significantly enough. The term is too long. Half that price for six months may provide a return.

Again, I don't think you are following. The amount of BTC we are paying is for the whole rigs plus the fees for one-year hosting and energy cost. i.e. no matter how long we let them host for us, we own the rigs anyway.

FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:54:47 AM

"Launch day pricing"  

Again, I don't think you are following. The amount of BTC we are paying is for the whole rigs plus the fees for one-year hosting and energy cost. i.e. no matter how long we let them host for us, we own the rigs anyway.

I don't think you are following, you are buying something that is overpriced and will not return profits for either you or the investors.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:42:06 AM

Hi all,

And again, any funds we raised beyond the amount needed to acquire the 10 TH contract will be used for group-buying new mining hardware. Unless the investors want it returned as a dividend.

*What we are going to do right now?

We are going to do a motion on 100 to 1 stock split for more liquidation and reduce our total # of share to 10,000,000 after the split. The first batch of shares will be reduced to 0.0028 and the 2nd batch will be released at a price higher than 0.0028. Our initial offering will become 2,000,000 shares.

*What is next?

We are going to become our own supplier with a 28nm or smaller design developed in collaboration with http://www.brioconcept.com/. We will be doing bulk mining, instead of physically shipping to customers, so that you get your revenue share WITHOUT the hassle of monitoring, heat issues or technical issues.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for their advise and continuous support, and apologize for any insults that may have occurred during my responses. However, we do believe in this project and our team promises to dedicate maximum amount of time needed to have it done in the right manner.

Cheers,
Hosted-Mining
IMHO from now on this is the only option left to small/medium grade miners. Only few will afford mining with their own ASICs. We can only have a piece of the pie like this. Or mine with gpus + free electricity alt coins...
zif33rs (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:42:58 PM

IMHO from now on this is the only option left to small/medium grade miners. Only few will afford mining with their own ASICs. We can only have a piece of the pie like this. Or mine with gpus + free electricity alt coins...

There is so much more truth to this than anyone realizes... we should think about this.

"If we discount the price of $19/GH from KnC delivering end of October back to 8/29/2013, it will be @19*2*2=$76/GH. i.e. 0.69btc/GH.
If we discount the price of $7.8/GH from BFL delivering end of December back to 8/29/2013, it will be @7.8*2*2*2*2=$124.8/GH. i.e. 1.13btc/GH.

In either case, you also have lost the mining revenue that could have been generated during the wait time."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: