Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never reach $20 again  (Read 40264 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 11:45:35 PM

DNA testing also came about in the 80s, blossomed to full capability in the 90s and is used extensively today. Should we expect the average person to not understand that either? The world changes, sometimes fast sometimes slow, it's important for people of all ages to keep up with at least the most dramatic and important of those changes, or at least put in the effort. The correct answer for the computer illiterate is not "I don't know and I'm OK with that" - the correct answer is "I don't know, so maybe I should learn."

To make sure I'm 100% clear: I don't expect everyone to be a computer whiz, I'm questioning the societal attitude that allows them to simply not try.

Whoa now fella...you think the average person does understand DNA testing? Maybe they have a concept of the end result from what they saw on television, but they have no fucking clue what is actually happening. This is perhaps the stupidest analogy I have ever seen drawn.

It is completely unnecessary to interact with computers on a personal level on a day to day basis. Ask anyone's grandparents. The social attitude that allows them to 'simply not try' is that they will be dead before it matters. My grandpa didn't wear a seatbelt his whole fucking life, amassed dozens of tickets for it, and died without ever having regularly used one, despite everyone who knew him trying their hardest to convince him that it was the simplest thing you could do to protect yourself. That was just a seatbelt. You think he was going to be picking up 'googling' just because of your 17-year-old self-righteous indignation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 11:49:28 PM

DNA testing also came about in the 80s, blossomed to full capability in the 90s and is used extensively today. Should we expect the average person to not understand that either? The world changes, sometimes fast sometimes slow, it's important for people of all ages to keep up with at least the most dramatic and important of those changes, or at least put in the effort. The correct answer for the computer illiterate is not "I don't know and I'm OK with that" - the correct answer is "I don't know, so maybe I should learn."

To make sure I'm 100% clear: I don't expect everyone to be a computer whiz, I'm questioning the societal attitude that allows them to simply not try.

Whoa now fella...you think the average person does understand DNA testing? Maybe they have a concept of the end result from what they saw on television, but they have no fucking clue what is actually happening. This is perhaps the stupidest analogy I have ever seen drawn.

It is completely unnecessary to interact with computers on a personal level on a day to day basis. Ask anyone's grandparents. The social attitude that allows them to 'simply not try' is that they will be dead before it matters. My grandpa didn't wear a seatbelt his whole fucking life, amassed dozens of tickets for it, and died without ever having regularly used one, despite everyone who knew him trying their hardest to convince him that it was the simplest thing you could do to protect yourself. That was just a seatbelt. You think he was going to be picking up 'googling' just because of your 17-year-old self-righteous indignation?
"They" don't think any of this is cool Cheesy...
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 11:52:44 PM

I, for one, am thoroughly versed in the discipline of DNA testing, as are all my immediate peers. I mean, who isn't? I'm surprised so many of you neanderthals would lack such a necessary understanding of our double helix essence. How do you continue to exist?

Elon Krusky
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:10:31 AM

I, for one, am thoroughly versed in the discipline of DNA testing, as are all my immediate peers. I mean, who isn't? I'm surprised so many of you neanderthals would lack such a necessary understanding of our double helix essence. How do you continue to exist?

Perhaps we should find a high point with lots of foot traffic underneath and spit on the plebes below for being so goddamn stupid.
Crazy

Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 04:02:44 AM

Ah, the plebes. As I puff on my pipe reading this fine online literature, I can recall the days of mingling with these common folk. Those were the days.

Elon Krusky
RandyFolds

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 04:04:15 AM

Ah, the plebes. As I puff on my pipe reading this fine online literature, I can recall the days of mingling with these common folk. Those were the days.

Now, we've got canes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQrXUpvkuc&feature=related
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 05:44:37 AM

I lol'd  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
BTC Economist (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:43:01 PM

It is funny how all the bitcoin fans are trying to change the topic of this thread.  They'd rather lose money than heed my advice.  The plunge continues. 

$8.80

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
Bitcoin Swami

Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:50:36 PM

It is funny how all the bitcoin fans are trying to change the topic of this thread.  They'd rather lose money than heed my advice.  The plunge continues. 

$8.80

Glad you care about us. /endsarcasm
BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:52:10 PM

$8.80

Glad you care about us. /endsarcasm

Along with several others, I have been warning people to get out for about a month now.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:54:19 PM

$8.80

where do you think it will stabilize?
BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:56:14 PM

$8.80

Between $0 and $1...probably on the lower end. 

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:58:04 PM

$8.80

How soon? within the year?
BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:59:39 PM

$8.80

How soon? within the year?

I am not sure really...my advice is simply to sell.  I will let you know if my advice changes to buy, but since this thread, the value has plunged almost 50% with very few if any uptick days.

BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:02:15 PM

$8.01 now..about a 10% plunge in the last 20 minutes.

skyhigh

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:04:13 PM

But why you care ?! It's their money. Noone bought bitcoins hoping they will be worth less in the future so they can lose money. People bought, thinking its a good project and they like it so much that they are willing to put their money on the line. I don't understand why anyone should have a problem what some random person does with their money or time.

Lets say price drops to $5.00 and I buy some coins. Do you think I would care what some random monkey spews on some forum? Nope. At that price/moment I decided that my risk/reward is in my favor and I put my own money at risk. I wouldn't care if everyone would be msg me that I'm stupid. If it would drop more I would add more coins while forum monkeys would laugh at me, typing pages and pages how much money I have lost. It's not their money, so why would anyone care. If they get a kick out of posting shit like that, let them.

BTC Economist (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:06:44 PM

I care because I don't like to see people lose money recklessly, especially when their rationality is suspended by illusions of easy money.

skyhigh

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:21:22 PM

OK BTC Economist, so let me try this way.  Lets say I'm well off, nice house, cars, business, family. Business makes me $350k per year after tax for the last 15 years, still growing steadily 10% yoy. Price of bitcoin is at $5.00 and I have a buy order of 1k willing to add 1k every $0.50 down to $1.50 where I would stop adding to my position. I would hold forever. If all would fill I have $26k on the line, with practically small chance of ever make it back.

Do you think I would care what your opinion is? Who are you? Are you a top trader at SAC ? You ever work at least at GS ?? Do you own a $10 mill yacht and will fly me out and explain to me why I shouldn't risk this $26k I'm willing to put on the line, because I like this bitcoin idea? Why should I listen to you what I do with less than a month of profits?
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 02:26:14 PM

I care because I don't like to see people lose money recklessly, especially when their rationality is suspended by illusions of easy money.
Do you realize that you are just anonymous voice on the internet? you can easily have your own interests in driving cost down. And logical thinking tells that when someone preaches something, most of the time they don't do it out of sheer kindness especially considering the fact that this is very similar to the wild west and gold rush - everyone trying to get a piece.
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 02:56:32 PM

$8.01 now..about a 10% plunge in the last 20 minutes.

So bad that bitoption is closed...If you're right you can make a lot of dollars shorting bitcoin.
I think Ruxum is going to add derivatives, I'll let you know.

Seriously, I think is going down because of the attack on mybitcoin, the attacker probably sold it all.
Maybe bit-pay and BTCinch selling too much?
I don't think so, but that's going to be bullish for btc in the long run anyway.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: