Bitcoin Forum
December 05, 2016, 12:49:29 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never reach $20 again  (Read 36934 times)
axus

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:00:36 PM

Bubbles never slow down, do they?  If it took a month for the price to go $5 -> $12, then it should hit $20 in under a month.  I'm looking forward to it, I spent $100 on bitcoins when they were at $20 in the last bubble.  I was actually trying to buy at $10, but with the Dwolla and MtGox transfer time it had already hit $20.

And you never sold them to buy back lower when price was heading south so fast? That is impressive.  Shocked

Yeah, Mt. Gox was hacked soon after, and I couldn't access the account for a month.  Gives me  hope that Intersango will make it, if they hire some people and change management.  I didn't need to $25 so bad, figured there would be another bubble eventually.  I've got a sell order of 2.5 BTC @ $40 each, if we are in another bubble I'll break even and have some coins left over Smiley

You're right, it took more than a month... I'd been checking the price every couple days on http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD/accumulated_orderbook.png didn't realize how much time has passed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- gmaxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

So ... anyway ... closest it's been yet was in the last 24 hours Smiley
Gox Last: $16.34857 High: $19.18999 Low: $15.38613

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
oakpacific

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:33:13 AM

There are always people more impatient than me....

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 536

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:40:10 AM

19.20 is the new 7.20

Plan accordingly Cheesy
Anth0n

Activity: 144

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:33:30 PM

Keep in mind the time of this original post was right after the huge crash in 2011 where everyone was saying Bitcoin was done for. It echoes the sentiment of the time.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:48:23 PM

Keep in mind the time of this original post was right after the huge crash in 2011 where everyone was saying Bitcoin was done for. It echoes the sentiment of the time.
Or, instead of making up excuses for the OP, check the reality of what he said ... (in reply to my post in the post after)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27348.msg415431#msg415431

Edit: and these two comparatively interesting posts Smiley
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27348.msg580099#msg580099
and
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27348.msg1101237#msg1101237

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:50:49 PM

This poor guy has missed the greatest opportunity that one may not encounter in the whole life

Donation address: 1CiZPrEJdN4FJcqdLdgVLzT8tgCXxT5ion
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Bitcoin Wizards Wiki: https://8333.info/
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:01:05 PM

The only people who thought bitcoin was done for, were those only in it for the profit and not informed enough to understand bitcoin's significance.

The price of bitcoins does not matter for bitcoin the protocol.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 994

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 05:59:46 PM

The only people who thought bitcoin was done for, were those only in it for the profit and not informed enough to understand bitcoin's significance.

I remember those "dark months" after the bubble, where nearly everyone on the forum was spouting the most negative crap. I think people who didn't understand this thing lost a lot of money, and wanted to make the community feel bad about it.

Those of us who stuck through it were the ones who took their profit.  From weak hands to strong. This capital is too important to be in the hands of those who don't understand the potential of this system.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 2100

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:08:04 PM

Remember when every other thread was about bitcoins imminent demise? My fav was the one predicting sub-0 prices.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Free bitcoin=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1610684
dancupid

Activity: 954

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:25:04 PM

I remember those "dark months" after the bubble, where nearly everyone on the forum was spouting the most negative crap. I think people who didn't understand this thing lost a lot of money, and wanted to make the community feel bad about it.

Those of us who stuck through it were the ones who took their profit.  From weak hands to strong. This capital is too important to be in the hands of those who don't understand the potential of this system.

I initially bought in at $14 after the high (i didn't understand the idea of correction at that point, but from the start I understood the fundamental idea of Bitcoin and stayed with it) - I sold out at about $7 due to cowardice, but I still believed and waited for some positive signs and bought back in more substantially at around $3.
I suspect every newbie goes through this at the price point they first buy into  - belief, hope, despair, hope, belief.
Bitcoin is a baptism of fire.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 08:44:28 PM

I initially bought in at $14 after the high (i didn't understand the idea of correction at that point, but from the start I understood the fundamental idea of Bitcoin and stayed with it) - I sold out at about $7 due to cowardice, but I still believed and waited for some positive signs and bought back in more substantially at around $3.
I suspect every newbie goes through this at the price point they first buy into  - belief, hope, despair, hope, belief.
Bitcoin is a baptism of fire.
At least we've put the despair part behind us.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:24:02 PM

The title of this thread probably won't be proven wrong by the OPs 2 year birthday.  If that ends up being the case, that's a pretty big bummer that a full 2 years after the big crash this market will not have been able to recover to 2/3rds of its all-time price high.  The reality is, unfortunately, bearing out that the rest of the world doesn't exactly think this project is as cool as most people around here do and I think that says something unsettling about bitcoin's future.  Sure, it's something that the market cap has made it to those levels, but that's mostly because of inflation and people just holding their coins and not added economic activity or more investor money.

FWIW, I find myself using bitcoin more and more these days because I might as well use it and use the value I've managed to accumulate while I can.  So, I'm doing my part, but, as has been the case pretty much since the big crash and all the hacks, I'm still not feeling very confident about bitcoin's future.  Still fun though.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:31:51 PM

The title of this thread probably won't be proven wrong by the OPs 2 year birthday.  If that ends up being the case, that's a pretty big bummer that a full 2 years after the big crash this market will not have been able to recover to 2/3rds of its all-time price high.  The reality is, unfortunately, bearing out that the rest of the world doesn't exactly think this project is as cool as most people around here do and I think that says something unsettling about bitcoin's future.  Sure, it's something that the market cap has made it to those levels, but that's mostly because of inflation and people just holding their coins and not added economic activity or more investor money.

FWIW, I find myself using bitcoin more and more these days because I might as well use it and use the value I've managed to accumulate while I can.  So, I'm doing my part, but, as has been the case pretty much since the big crash and all the hacks, I'm still not feeling very confident about bitcoin's future.  Still fun though.
And... the bear is back!  Can't help but to see a dismal outlook despite the many indicators of strong growth.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:36:46 PM

Proudhon: Where is your podcast!?
Im feeling too happy right now and need something to calm me down and cry a little. Cant you help me?
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:38:17 PM

Proudhon is one of the most sensible posters on this forum.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 10:40:39 PM

Easy +1 .

Tweet For Coins http://uptweet.com
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

Proudhon continues to be a troll bear till this day Cheesy.

Proudhon what investment do you know of that grows 288% in one year?

EDIT: and it has not been 3 years yet... We are in JANUARY. June would be 3 years....

Tweet For Coins http://uptweet.com
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:47:54 PM

what investment do you know of that grows 288% in one year?

Yeah, that doesnt make BTC sound better...it makes it sound like an overly risky investment in a bubble.

...which actually is a pretty fair assesment of BTC.
robocoin

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 11:27:20 PM

Proudhon is one of the most sensible posters on this forum.

I appreciate him for his fidelity. He is not just another lemming waiting for an eagle to get him off the ground. Cheesy And I think a lot of people with similar sentiment are out there (not only Bitcoin, but other places where people try to store value).

So alot of PR work still needs to be done, no wait I mean time will tell. Isn't it just normal that people lose their faith after catastrophic incidents like in June'11? You can't expect people to use or trust Bitcoin if it changes conditions like a student in Hogwarts on crack. The protocol doesn't care about the price, but why was it created for again? I don't consider Bitcoins usage too geeky, but for the most people it definitively still is something magical they don't even bother trying to understand at its core. So many contrasts in this community, I can only honor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.