Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:26:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
mega_carnation

Activity: 376
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:28:42 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
Bitcoin can be used in good and bad ways. I can't say if it can let the people see transparency in the economy. And I'm not so sure of that it can also reduce the corruption but if it will start to take over banking sector then government officials can liquidate the funds that are coming from the people who are getting through the banks before it goes to their hands.
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:15:15 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

to follow technological advances the government should legalize bitcoin currency, because with the existence of bitcoin the financial system will be more transparent, maybe for now the government has not legalized the bitcoin currency for use in the country because bitcoin price can not be influenced by government policy
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:56:15 AM

For me no, inatead it can maybe lead to corruption as people who used it become greedy from it. Bitcoin can help economy financially if people will going to use it well and be united as one to change their economy in better. Corruption is anywhere especially if money was there.
I think that the government of any country would not get itself involved in the bitcoins or taking some steps to stop the cryptocurreny.

This is because bitcoin is totally a digital thing and it could not be banned at all. If more and more people would divert their attention towards the crypto market then it might be possible that corruption would get reduced to some extent but it cannot diminish completely because black market and scamming are also associated with these digital assets.

btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:14:21 PM

Government being threatened by BTC is already a sign that it will hinder their dirty hands. Especially in my country, they already released a statement that they won't be supporting BTC and saying that "It's too dangerous, do not trust" and they're using the media, it's all over the news. I think that the blockchain technology of btc is what makes it secure allowing not third party to hinder any transactions which poses a threat on our filthy politicians.

There're thousands of reason why government doesn't want to accept bitcoin, mainly they are afraid that it will cause economic disruptions because they can't control the influx of money flowing around. However, I don't know if corruption is a big factor for them to restrict crypto's.

Corruption has been with mankind, ever since our existence, so I doubt that even with bitcoin or blockchain, we can really reduce it. 80% of  the government are corrupt, mostly from underdeveloped and developing countries. But it doesn't mean that if they embrace bitcoin, corruption in their government will drop.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:36:03 PM

I think Bitcoin can somehow help the country to reduce corruption, as long as each of everyone is earning using the idea of cryptocurrency.It is good to hear also that government are open to digital currency, which in time they will accept it, just being well informed them on how cryptocurrency works in the economy so that they will not banned it and make it legit to evryone..

reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:51:47 PM

Blockchain technology can not just reduce but in fact eliminate corruption, as blockchain is a shared ledger which is shared either publicly or privately between multiple entities. All transactions are recorded on the blockchain, and once added these records cannot be deleted or updated, i.e they remain in the blockchain forever.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:04:51 AM

Bitcoin could ease the corruption process, but these days from some countries the regulations were made by corrupt politicians who doesn't know how to use it. If they have known about it, they too will support for function as it is without creating of bans and other laws.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:22:52 AM

I think bitcoin can reduce corruption, but also bitcoin can be a good tool to hide the results of corruption, because bitcoin is not audited by the government as wealth
plenumetnormous

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:35:24 AM

In one hand yes but in other not. Corruption generelly is more effective in third world countries and computing technology knowledge in these regions is in a very low level which inhibit bad intentioned people to act in this universe. From the moment that a government decides to introduce officially and ethically BTC in its economy, all the financial processes control will be easier,faster and efficiently. But there's a question: Do they want it? At this moment is when BTC cannot reduce corruption!
It's very complicated to talk about and tends to be unpredictable. How to predict the future that has not happened and not yet certain? Moreover, corruption and cryptocurrency are two very different things. Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that exists only in physical form and is used to transact freely without the intervention of banks, taxes, and government. While corruption, is an act to save a sum of money that is not our right, the money from the community and or the property of others. So you should know that cryptocurrency is difficult to connect with corruption because cryptocurrency is just a currency.
The approach on this subject is quite interesting and deserves a deeply dive in technology of the virtual and real worlds, besides the projection of the actuals social behaviors in a near future. So, the best part of it is just the atempt to predict the routes which bitcoin will take. Thank you for quoting me.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:22:53 AM

Bitcoin is more likely to increase corruption as transactions cannot be traced back to an individual. It is one of the major issue that governments have with bitcoin and why many move to ban it.

yes bitcoin will be the source of corruption because they will give high tax on it and some government official dont see that transaction because it is untraceable.

keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:29:25 AM

I don't think it can reduce corruption but if your question is if BITCOIN can be used in corruption My answer is yes. they will use BTC  for storing the money they steal from the government and instant it is untraceable once it is already in crypto market
maann23

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:41:50 AM

On a higher scale of corruption I don't think bitcoin can do a lot. Corruption starts at the bottom so, if they would know about investing in bitcoin and earn with it then, they can think twice about corruption.
alphaomega.f

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:31:42 AM

No. Bitcoin has nothing to do with corruption. Corruption has something to do with people and it will only be stopped when people stops being corrupt.

Banning bitcoin just lessen the possible source of income of people but it can't reduce corruption.
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:07:20 PM

Bitcoin is more likely to increase corruption as transactions cannot be traced back to an individual. It is one of the major issue that governments have with bitcoin and why many move to ban it.
I think there will be possibility to revocation anonimity if investigative authorities have doubts,In another situation Countries would have public and state security problems,We often hear that there are a lot investigated criminal cases wich are connected to bitcoin,So we can assume that its not a big problem for special authorities.Yes,I know it sounds a bit antagonistic but thats my opinion.
So I just want to say that If we,Especially goverments understand future value of bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies it will be helpful for infrastructure,education and for other forms of human capital and not for coruuption,it will also help to provide other forms of social security...
amrahova_s

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:13:03 PM

corruption is like cancer, don`t matter how hard are u trying, anyway it will progress, it`s really hard to avoid it
Canvis

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:51:14 AM

Not necessarily bitcoin, as of now bitcoin is not a reliable p2p transaction channel due to atrocious fees.
It will be quite hard to also trace the movement of money in the crypto space. There are several privacy coins that can make it impossible to trace txns.

I think using blockchain tech innovatively can help reduce corruption by lessening red tape and making some processes automatic and with no human intervention (like sending funds to those that need it and are poor).
I think yes because when someone join bitcoin and he start hard work here so there is no doubt that he can earn a lot of money from it and then he don’t need to do any corruption because bitcoin is the only currency which can make you a rich in a short time so those who need money and they want to be rich so they must join bitcoin because its income is very easy to earn and it also very fast so join bitcoin for your future.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:58:20 AM

The purpose of investing in bitcoin is to get extra money and with that money they can now even pay some taxes. So I think with bitcoin, it will reduce the corruption as well. Many government staffs that always ask us to pay our tax on the date, never late but they never think about us, how are we going to get money just to cover our tax. But with bitcoin now, everything is really simple and it can lead us being more succees than now
JerryJam

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:28:33 PM

Bitcoin will never stop corruption. Corruptionists adapt to any form of payment. Even if there is no money to take bribes will not stop. They will take eggs with chickens honey, etc. Corruption is stimulated by a double interpretation of laws.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:13:42 PM

Bitcoin will never stop corruption. Corruptionists adapt to any form of payment. Even if there is no money to take bribes will not stop. They will take eggs with chickens honey, etc. Corruption is stimulated by a double interpretation of laws.
In my own opinion, there is no kind of currency can stop corruption even bitcoin because every person in the government corrupts, they are all greedy and all they want is to have power, even they look very nice they still corrupts. I also think the government would like to earn bitcoin because they are demanding taxes in other countries.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:53:45 PM

Bitcoin can really reduce the corruption because of the power of the blockchain or the online ledger, we can see the transaction that the people who are currently leading so we can see and say if they are doing the things in the right way or not. Bitcoin is a way for us to reach decentralization and more transparent government.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: