Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:13:02 PM

The transparency inherent in Blockchain has potential to fight corruption. Not only Bitcoin, but all cryptos.

Afris are a crypto being developed in Africa to fight corruption in development funding. It is very promising: http://afri.africa/

For it to really help, that is, for the transparency to work, it would need to be accepted by the governments and that is not going to happen. Believe, Africa is not the only continent with problems with corruption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zaggeta

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:19:48 PM

The transparency inherent in Blockchain has potential to fight corruption. Not only Bitcoin, but all cryptos.

Afris are a crypto being developed in Africa to fight corruption in development funding. It is very promising: http://afri.africa/

For it to really help, that is, for the transparency to work, it would need to be accepted by the governments and that is not going to happen. Believe, Africa is not the only continent with problems with corruption.

Most definitely. But there is a sense of scale of the corruption in Africa. To demonstrate, here's a story:

In South Korea, America and Nigeria, the government plans to build a highway. They each budget it for the equivalent of $50mn.

In South Africa, the contractors take a few hundred thousand dollars and then build a decent highway. In America, the contractors take a few million and build a below-decent highway. In Nigeria, the contractors take $100mn and the highway is forgotten about.

Corruption is just the cost of doing business around the world. In Africa, it is business. That is because financial institutions and formal government structures are owned by the patrimonial warlords that thrive off corruption.

But there are reformists who want to change. They are just lacking formal institutions and the willpower to build them. Crypto is a financial institution that is lightweight and can be adopted by reformers and civil society. I think that with a decent crypto that can bring informal traders into the taxpool, governments will be very keen to adopt it.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:11:42 PM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
In this matter Bitcoin can't do anything unfortunately,this kind of issues are solved by the population thru their habbits. I know it is hard but we all have to do something to make the world a better place.
destroyer01

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:03:34 AM

Cryptocurrency and blockchain could help prevent fraud and corruption, reduce the costs of enforcement thanks to easily accessible information and faster crosschecks, and help supervise implementation and monitor efficiency and effectiveness of spending, increasing development impact. Stop corruption
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:00:19 AM

Bitcoin's capability to make deep changes will happen only if it is become fully used in mainstream. The blockchain technology can reduce corruption in the government if they allow it to use by different branches or departments.
Cryptocurrency money is said to be fully traceable by anyone because identities can be verified by ongoing process of encryption. To completely gain the benefits of cryptocurrency, government should use cryptocurrency in funding any public projects instead of fiat to make it secure.
Semar Mesem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:20:14 AM

Corruption is a matter of greedy human individuals, the presence of technology and any law will have no effect on corruption because corruptors always use the gap they can always get, the presence of bitcoin actually makes corruption easier because they will save and never be known to anyone.

Edrian

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:00:09 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 04:18:18 AM by Edrian

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

You said transparent but not traceable, bitcoin is so anonymous that if used in corruption the government are going to get a hard time to find the culprit, unlike cash that needs papers for banks and easy to trace the user. I think some government will follow those who first regulate and ban BTC, maybe for the reason of tax evasion or it used for the black market.

But it is a good idea for a government to show transparency on what is happening to the economy to see how much corruption is happening.
Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:01:48 AM

Big no,  because corruption will not vanished.  Most of people who in government position they are corrupt.  They dont think whats the effect of their people. More peoe now suffering starved because of corruption.  So bitcoin it will not help to stop corruption.
Nexus77

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:04:10 AM

Corruption is a matter of greedy human individuals, the presence of technology and any law will have no effect on corruption because corruptors always use the gap they can always get, the presence of bitcoin actually makes corruption easier because they will save and never be known to anyone.
not easier because we know that bitcoin is a blockchain system that can actually use yes to track corruptors and everyone can access to see. actually corruption with bitcoin is a stupid thing
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:09:32 AM

Maybe yes or maybe not, other people are thinking that bitcoin is the one will help us but most of the country are try to banned bitcoin so I think that bitcoin cannot help us to reduce or vanish the corruption in any country  the corruption is not merely a loss because of greedy seats in the government.
DispatchLabs

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:16:40 AM

It depends on what you mean by corruption.  Bitcoin is technology that is neither good or bad.  Blockchain technology can reduce corruption when that corruption means hacking.

Dispatch Labs is a Distributed Ledger Technology Platform for Dapp Developers that is truly scalable, insanely fast with no transaction fees.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:17:42 AM

Not, but Bitcoin could increased the number of corruption on some country cuz Bitcoin is "anonymous" and hard to track the transaction. Yet, until now if someone fill the fund for terrorism or criminal thing it easily to track by police and they will be arrested as soon as possible.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:11:08 AM

I think bitcoin not increases corruption nor reducing corruption corruption is the illegal activity which is doing every time and every part of the world. this bad activity destroy the country resources and with the passage of time the people understand that how to control corruption but if we look in a broad sense then the scene is clear to us the funds and resources should be used by the country not the political people of the world.

red00

Activity: 112

"The Cash Back Cryptocurrency"

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:37:04 AM

i dont think that bitcoin can reduces corruption because it will lead to corruption i guess people become greedy on everything and i think goverment only solution is to ban bitcoin

_C A S H B A G_
│     THE CASH BACK CRYPTOCURRENCY     │
PRE-SALE OPEN  |  Get 40% Bonus
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:46:53 AM

i dont think that bitcoin can reduces corruption because it will lead to corruption i guess people become greedy on everything and i think goverment only solution is to ban bitcoin
As long as there is a strong regulation by the government bitcoin will remain transparent and in that way it will reduce corruption
as it can minimize transactions like that since the government has the tools to trace this kind of transactions.
Bitcoin makes the transaction transparent therefore everyone has the chance to audit.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:28:14 AM

Well, I mean to reduce corruption I think it takes hard work from the government or president, by punishing death or heavy weighted the corruptor. I think bitcoin is just to change the economy of a country such as reducing unemployment by following the existing project on bitcoin. So far that's all I know.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:11:05 AM

Well, I mean to reduce corruption I think it takes hard work from the government or president, by punishing death or heavy weighted the corruptor. I think bitcoin is just to change the economy of a country such as reducing unemployment by following the existing project on bitcoin. So far that's all I know.

As long as the politicians are still poor then they will be mentally corrupt, I think corruption is not just the work of the government or the president, but by selection through clear rules or laws then corruption can be prevented.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:16:59 AM

I don't think so, well for me, it may lead most people be corrupt, because of its volatility. If its value is high, more people are being greedy, in which they wanted to have it as soon as possible. And when it falls down, still people will be greedy. Most people wants money, and some needs money. There are people who needs it but most of them want it. The problem is, even they had what they need, they still wanted more, rather they wanted it all to be theirs. In which greediness, leads to corruption.

Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:22:21 AM

It's precisely one of the causes the government considers about bitcoin to be legalized or not.. it's because related it with a corruption, of course considering the excess of bitcoin.. it could be used for many negative actions.
Due in my country still really worried about it, it hasn't been seen at all that the government will make the transparent economic system, still in the midst of the two choices of the decision.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:21:53 AM

I think no. The presence of bitcoin is not intended to reduce corruption, for corruptors who know bitcoin then this is a good opportunity or place to hide their money so that no one can track.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: