Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:59:11 PM

i don't really see how , for now it seems to make it easier . not bitcoin alone but all crypto in general , it is much easier to hide a big amount of money in bitcoin then it is in cash for example. so unless someone figures out a way to use the blockchain against corruption i don't see how bitcoin will help.
The Crypto of the Opera

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:55:31 PM

With the possibility to send big sums of money anonymously, there are good chances that corruption will increase...
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:27:14 AM

I think bitcoin has nothing to do about corruption because as we all know that it is a crypto currency and there's no connection to the government and we know that corruption is for government officials only

swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:50:20 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

I think it possibly can, I mean with bitcoin being only available in the internet the chances or ways of corrupt government officials to steal minimizes. Not to mention the fact that, there is a record for every transaction done with in the internet, that's why it is easy to track down those officials who attempt to steal from the citizens.
minthit

Activity: 327
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:00:14 AM

There are some coins competing in terms of privacy. Corrupted governments can use such coins. It means they have options to choose if they don't want to be transparent. So, in my opinion, maybe bitcoin can reduce corruption (even though, I doubt the significance) , but not cryptocurrencies.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:31:49 AM

Well, I mean to reduce corruption I think it takes hard work from the government or president, by punishing death or heavy weighted the corruptor. I think bitcoin is just to change the economy of a country such as reducing unemployment by following the existing project on bitcoin. So far that's all I know.

As long as the politicians are still poor then they will be mentally corrupt, I think corruption is not just the work of the government or the president, but by selection through clear rules or laws then corruption can be prevented.
I think its purely based on the mentality of the politicians in a country, and since bitcoin is being used as another way to money laundering, it can't be used to reduce corruption because people are using it to clean the dirty money. Bitcoin might reduce unemployment if there are lots of vacancy, however there are still so many people dont understand the way bitcoin works, and even if they do then its up to the government to clean their own politician from corruptions not from bitcoin  Grin

Well, I mean how do you possibly know the deep inside of the politicians mentality,  it's come when hear about big money man, sometimes someones doesn't care man,  so what I telling you is that was the best way to avoid another corruption case in the future. I'm saying like this because in my country is full of those bandits, and we're the folk don't know nothing about what we gonna do.
Lora_ng15

Activity: 452
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:22:46 AM

in my opinion bitkoin on the contrary an ideal way of transferring bribes, blokchain provides anonymity and will not allow people to figure out.

┈┈┈┈┈ WOWSECRET┈┈┈┈┈
● In WowSecret we trust ●
┈┈┈┈┈ https://www.wow-secret.com ┈┈┈┈┈
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:35:11 AM

Reducing something like that is really hard and I think bitcoin cannot reduce it knowing that bitcoin has the potential thing that can change their real life and even I say that he can reduce people who had no stable source of income in that case it can't reduce the popular amount of corruption in their countries.
Destnhel

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:45:22 AM

Corruption only happen because only the government and its official has the full access to people's money. Btc can be a mean to reduce it since for sure, here, we hold our own money and gov't is impossible to have access and way to get it.
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:21:46 AM

I don't think Bitcoin will be able to help reduce corruption, Corruption is everywhere and I believe that most of the government are trying to ban or regulate Bitcoin is for them to be able to get something out of it.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:25:19 AM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?

It can somehow. Since bitcoin is not something life the Fiat system which can be taken secretly or transacted without anyone knowing it, it is not the same. Since bitcoin is dependent on the internet, every transaction is recorded or can be found out. This is why it is imperative to make bitcoin the new age's money.
The decentralization of bitcoins make an immense impact here. Like you have said, the fiat currency can be they and taken away without getting in notice of anyone. But this can’t happen with bitcoins. They are all transacted over the internet and a strict, incredible system of recording the transactions is working all over the world that makes sure these bitcoins can never be stolen or missed up.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:34:55 AM

Not at all, as long as there are people who are willing to help those corrupt people, corruption will not be cured. Digital currencies cannot answer corruption by being digital, it is those people who deal with it has the key to corruption.
rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:47:30 AM

I think bitcoin doesn't have any business to bitcoin. Meaning bitcoin couldn't contribute to lessen the big percentage of corruption in the world. There is no relationship of corruption and bitcoin.
boksoon

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:48:19 AM

If the price of bitcoin will sustained until it will primary use for all and never gonna be shutdown I think corruption will stop because people usually made of corruption because of a lack of income that's why they made a bad thing they do everything they want for success in life  for self interest  and need to overcome their poverty experienced.  
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:57:41 AM

Bitcoin is an anonymous currency if you know how to handle it. And anonymity is something corrupt people like. So I do not think that reducing corruption is something that can be achieved by bitcoin. Unfortunatelly I think that is possible that corrupt people use bitcoin as one way to handle the money they get through their corrupt activites.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:18:48 PM

Coin can not do anything. If you use them at a right work then there is no chance to happen anything wrong but if you use them at a worst place then it can affect. Will you give the responsibility on the thing if we use that at rough work? A lifeless thing just can not do anything. They runs how we control them.
Yes there are some good chance to corruption if people use roughly of bitcoin and the authority of bitcoin will not know because they doesn’t take the proper authentication who joins with the system of bitcoin but we have to make sure that we will not use it roughly and the authority of bitcoin should take some steps for the security of bitcoin and its related people.
We can handle the way of its run so that we should use it properly.

xerophore

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:43:59 PM

I think government is unrivaled by existence of bitcoin. In fact, it's like a tool to get government to make corrections on financial policy. And this is a good step for financial world.
ufalo3

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:25:20 AM

Corruption is mostly connected with fiat money and cash. However, I can admit that somebody can use some day Bitcoins for it. I doubt BTC can fight with it.
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

And this is one of the reasons why governments are opposed to the crypto currency. When the talk about "protecting the population from risky investments" begins, one immediately thinks about the usual protection of corruption schemes.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 09:46:08 AM

No! Not a chance. Eventually tha rich sharks will join the commoners and eat the small fish out there and eventually hoard enough to control demand and supply in the world as there is only limited quantity of bitcoin. Of course, there will be a few who will be new rich people but apart from that everything will eventually remain the same. No system is fool proof and just like a fruit, a system grows, ripens and eventually withers away to give way to a newer system. This is what will happen to bitcoin too if it is the main source of money in the world. Nothing is beyond corruption or democracy. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: