Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that bitcoin can reduce corruption?  (Read 2556 times)
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:10:47 PM

In a way, it can lessen corruption most likely in the government because they can't have any say in it and can't touch it. It will make other people feel a little safe and not constricted by the government.

Agree, it will reduce corruption in the government most likely, but it might increase it on the other side.

If a certain person in the government wanted to corrupt with bitcoin then they must find a way how to do it. But as long as bitcoin is a decentralized currency then i think corruption with this is not possible because as far as i know, the government cannot control or has an access with the bitcoin.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alphaomega.f

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:12:01 PM

it has no power on that area. what concerns that is the government officials that chooses to put on their pockets the national budget that's supposed to be used for projects concerning the betterment of the country.
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:30:15 PM

As time goes by I realised that corruption will never be absent in every new system. Bitcoin is a good system which is leading the world into new modern world and away from the power of traditional corruption. And from it is the new born style of corruption. Like controlling the market by these big investors, a hackers that stolen the other account of bitcoin, and making many accounts here in this forum. I believe these are can be considere as corruption bars in my own opinion.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:41:29 PM

I do not think that bitcoin can reduce corruption. Corruption is common everywhere even in the world. Because bitcoin has not been supported by the government in each country, if in support of the possibility that it can happen.
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:00:40 PM

Bitcoin can help people in many ways.

But it cannot reduce corruption. As long as people are corrupt they will keep taking bribes and corruption will not be reduced.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 10:44:17 PM

I do not think that bitcoin can reduce corruption. Corruption is common everywhere even in the world. Because bitcoin has not been supported by the government in each country, if in support of the possibility that it can happen.
you did not think that a corrupt official could demand bribes in the form of a crypto currency, because it is much safer anonymously. That's good for the corrupt from the crypto currency.
Jay Jay crypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:48:04 PM

Bitcoin will simply increase corruption as I see it. No cops to traffic money transactions, no proper check on income, illegal deals conducted without any further for to trace, do you really think there is a solution to this?
yunzau

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:26:05 AM

Yes, my opinion bitcoin could be a solution to overcome corruption that occurred in Indonesia and if it can be legalized it could be a good thing. Because transparent transaction path and without any significant decentralization without any interference of third parties.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:06:27 AM

i dont' know
in other hand blockchain can provide transparent traffic transaction but because bitcoin is decentralized so no one know who had being using transaction
it depend on the goverment itself if they make some system when someone want to exchange their cash into bitcoin
Well, blockchain technology in a way can help for those who understand how the whole ledge thing works, however, in a way; it is not like it can totally prevent it. Normally, bitcoin itself is a digital currency which anyone can make use of to do their dirty deals. However, the only issue some may have is getting a way to do the deal unless they want to go the black market way on fiat without using exchanges. Nevertheless, bitcoin in itself will not alleviate corruption, neither will it increase it.
atomicgroup

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:40:21 AM

Let's come to look at the angle of how many people in the populace knows or are knowledgeable about Bitcoin before we can talk about it as a means of reducing/cubing the level of corruption prevailing in the land. Because there's still presently limit to the number of Bitcoin Literates, corruption level reduction is thereby also limited to the number of Bitcoin literates, since there funds is not committed to the hands of unscrupulous agents. So, until when Bitcoin becomes accepted massively and our Government without self aggrandizement supported Bitcoin in one form or the other, Bitcoin reducing corruption is presently to the large extent questionable.
Harley29

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:21:17 PM

In a way, it can lessen corruption most likely in the government because they can't have any say in it and can't touch it. It will make other people feel a little safe and not constricted by the government.

Agree, it will reduce corruption in the government most likely, but it might increase it on the other side.
Yeah it is good and bad as it has side effects and benefits at the same time, but if we talk about corruption it is the internal greed of people that people have become so corrupt, now some of our politicians have turned their black money to the crypto currency just to save it from the eyes of people, some countries have shown their place for the bitcoin as almost 10 countries ban bitcoin just because people where converting their corrupted money into bitcoin, I think there is no chance to make bitcoin transparent, people make it just an illusion, so it has ability to manage but according to me chance to adding corruption is higher than reduction of corruption.
Morning honor

Activity: 216
Merit: 17

Xircus

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:56:26 PM

I dont think so bitcoin is also a money and money has corruption

wesbrook00

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:31:51 PM

In my own opinion, yes bitcoin can reduce corruption. If all the corrupt people know about bitcoin, they will turn their head on it. In that case, there's no reason for them to spend their time in corrupting small amounts.
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:34:45 PM

I dont think so bitcoin is also a money and money has corruption
I think bitcoin can reduce corruption because of the capabilities to earned huge money. Government not able to commit corruption if  bitcoin acceptable globally .A lot to contribute of our economy and help people who are less fortunate or jobless.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:50:03 PM

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
A little bit yes because  it is a cashless you can not hold the million cost of money that can lead to corruption  paper money is hot in the eye of people so we do not control corruption 

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:59:48 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 08:24:58 AM by nethan1btc

Now that governments have a competitor in terms of currencies, do you think that they will make an effort to make the economic system more transparent or will they just try to ban everything?
A little bit yes because  it is a cashless you can not hold the million cost of money that can lead to corruption  paper money is hot in the eye of people so we do not control corruption  

I don't think if it can reduce corruption since many users use bitcoin in illegal which it can't easily trace where it came from like the huge amount of money. Well, it will depends the nature of environment around your place which makes you a bad influence here in the society but for me it can't reduce corruption easily.
koyo12

Activity: 123

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:42:33 AM

No its not because cause most people and politicians used their fame and power to corrupt other people. Bitcoin  is used for good intentions not in bad intentions.  So dont used bitcoin is bad things just think the next generation that they have chance to used bitcoin.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:04:04 AM
Merited by Tiktik (4)

In some cases it helps to minimize the corruption. And it all based to the people who are valuing the money. We need to to know how important money and used it in a good way of living . Dont just try to used for illegal thing or some politician who used ot for corruption dont do the same thing to make our world better.
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:20:14 AM

Bitcoin has nothing to do with reducing corruption. It is a cryptocurrency that based on the digital world. None can have too much bitcoin unless you invest all your corrupted money in bitcoin. Bitcoin is hard to earn and own because you have to work for it. In terms of reducing corruption, bitcoin is not involved in it.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
Emin90

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:25:14 AM

Defeat corruption bitcoin cannot in any case, I think so. Because the bitcoin is but I agree with the view that the next generation using bitcoin and indeed other coins will make money more transparent pane that will affect economies and indeed the world at large.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: